Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
I need reinvite, got purged. Character name is Tykero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
Crit does more damage and the heralds already screen clear with just Inpulsa's. Crit also more reliably applies ailments.

Non-crit is easier to gear and your herald explosions screen clear more easily.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
I need an invite back into the guild, please. Character name is Tykero.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
If someone with the power sees this, please reinvite Tykero to the goon guild.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
From the legion jewel shown so far, there appear to be two icons for small nodes (open hand, closed hand) two icons for large nodes (fisticuffs guy, open arms guy) and two icons for keystone nodes (standing guy, goblet holding guy). This is consistent between the couple of images we've seen so far (in terms of the total number of different icons) but the placement of the icons appears to differ between jewels.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
Power Siphon Inquisitor was my league starter and it's pretty not bad. Barrage Support is a tremendous damage mod on Power Siphon due to its innate high bonus projectile count - even after the attack time penalty it more than doubles my DPS - in fact, unless I'm fudging my napkin math, it's ~180% More damage on my current character assuming all projectiles hit.

CI Inquisitor with the Consecrated Ground path is a nice defensive package - lots of regen (take Zealot's Oath), chaos immunity, shock/freeze/chill/ignite immunity, and it can also leech well due to being an attack build. I'm using Crown of Eyes, Thunderfists, and Auxium as my key uniques, and they're all dirt cheap. Likewise, the wand I'm using now was fairly inexpensive. Stacking flat ele damage is still easy and effective.

I use two link groups for attacking - in my Thunderfists I have Vaal Power Siphon, EDwA, Damage on Full Life, Added Cold, (Added Lightning 18). This is my clear skill.
In my body armor, I'm using Power Siphon, Barrage Support, EDwA, Damage on Full Life, Added Cold, Added Lightning.
My single target shaper DPS is ~1m without flasks assuming the enemy is on Consecrated Ground, which is easy enough to do (refreshing that and Fortify on the same cycle). Not bad for a character with just shy of 8k ES, 900/second ES regen, and an easily-reached 1.5k/s leech. I'm also not counting its very-real capacity to shock since it's pretty irregular, but that's a small damage boon as well.

Here's the PoB if anyone cares: https://pastebin.com/cJN5nH1d
Note that PoB does not calculate Barrage Support.

I'm still experimenting looking for improvements. It's definitely not a Tier 1 build, and I feel like its reasonable limits are approaching quickly outside of starting to collect some really obscene gear or a dramatic shift in structure, but getting this far was easy, inexpensive, and pretty potent for the cost.

Edit: Check my math:

Without Barrage Support (5-link)
Average Damage: 101178.8
Attack Rate: 4.15
Attack Time: 0.2409638554216867
Projectiles: 9 (max 1 hit/target)
DPS: 419892.02

With Barrage Support (6th-link):
Average Damage: 38447.944
Attack Rate: 2.59375
Attack Time: 0.3855421686746988
Projectiles: 12 (max 12 hit/target)
DPS: 1196692.257

That's 2.85 times more damage from a single support assuming I'm not a math idiot (possible) and all the projectiles hit the target (can be a problem against small distant targets or fast-moving targets).

Tykero fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Dec 23, 2019

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
I'm really excited for the endgame improvements. After completing the 'storyline' portion of the Conquerors endgame, it became a real drag in the initial implementation.

Also excited to kill stuff by blowing up swords.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
I haven't played Storm Brand before, so I'm probably going to do a Storm Brand Hierophant trying to utilize the new Archmage and Arcane Cloak stuff.
Is two the maximum number of brands you get attach to a single enemy, or are their more sources of maximum attached brands somewhere?
What are the big deal sources of mana and mana regen? I'm so used to playing characters that ignore that mechanic that I have gaps in my knowledge.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
I know I'm not the first person posting this but Archmage support is fuckin' nuts.

I wonder if Essence Worms will be particularly valuable this league. Cheating in the Wrath but still using that sweet 100% unreserved mana pool for like 1000+ Added Lightning damage.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
Can I trouble someone for a guild invite on character name: Tykero

Eagerly awaiting the gem info to see how effective Splitting Steel might be. For some reason I really enjoy both the mechanical and aesthetic design of it at first glance. Hexblast seems appealing too, especially with the info about the support gem that causes curses to reapply in their area, assuming it still functions with Doom/Doomblast.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
I love everything they've shown about PoE2. The prospect of an ARPG that really challenges you on top of GGG's top notch systems design has me more excited than ever, and it's gorgeous to boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
TPing out during a boss fight is obviously a backup strategy. They were talking about beating some bosses without taking a single hit.

Do people still not understand that they need to constrain recovery in order to create meaningful challenges that aren't simply binary alive/dead?