Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

redneck nazgul posted:

Doryani's Fist now gives you THE TOUCH OF GOD. :getin:

The real question is, can you do THE TOUCH OF GOD totems to help the clearspeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I can imagine how annoying it is to not hear it every time

I also want the gloves to sometimes yell "have you seen the true face of God, exile" as you gently caress up xandro

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Mr. Despair posted:

The real question is, can you do THE TOUCH OF GOD totems to help the clearspeed.

for the record, it is an attack so you can't tie it to a spell totem

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

zxqv8 posted:

https://imgur.com/r/pathofexile/S9HKA

Looks like what I'd have expected, I guess we'll see it in action soon

It's been in beta for a while, you can see it in action already.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929170

challenges for harbinger officially announced

The "complete the following encounters" is pretty neat, and overall it doesn't seem like there's too much bullshit in the way of getting 36 challenges done.

e2. also you can hide completed challenges finally!

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jul 31, 2017

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Lol, I ended breach league by dropping and 6ling a skyforge, and now a few hours after legacy ended I chance up some skyforths

maybe someday I'll get them during a league instead

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

storm burst totems also sounds like it'd look hilarious

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

funmanguy posted:

Is that the second pair youve chanced?

nope, all i've chanced is shitloads of unique leather belts that aren't headhunter before. It has let me turn my varunastra blade flurry character from the turmoil race into yet another dude that costs way more than my howa ST guy, while being generally worse in every way.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

queeb posted:

wheres the fuckin patch notes

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/patch-notes/

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

5l's or tabulas are cheap anyways and good enough for 90% of the content (or more if you get good)

e. Trying to put together a storm burst build in PoB, and I'm thinking ED/Contagion might be an easier way to go until someone less poo poo at making trees comes along with a build for me to copy.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

funmanguy posted:

Interesting, seems that Gruthkul's Pelt doesn't disable vuln from witchfire brew flask, or curse on hit from gloves.

my legacy facebreaker totem guy has witchfire up all the time (that's a lie, i'm normally too lazy to actually press buttons on it), and I've tested curse on hit gloves with it. Both work fine! I'm a big fan of gruthkul's.

It has the added SC benefit that you don't need to waste time casting aura's or golems after you die!

e. I'm also realizing that i've never done baron srs, sounding like a good build even with the small necro/srs nerfs. Don't think I actually did srs at all during legacy anyways.

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 2, 2017

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Just because you're playing by yourself doesn't mean you should lock yourself out of using poe.trade to upgrade your gear. Ssf will just make it that much harder to get a decent build going.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I will probably use storm burst to start (as a fun curse on hit/ee tool for my srs).

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

funmanguy posted:

Anyone got any goals for the league? Mine is getting 36 challenges and picking up some specific rare weapons that are impossible to find past the first month and a half. A 500+pdps exquisite blade and a 70+ spell damage 20 cast speed crit multi penetration sceptre.

escape the frustrations of normal life several hours at a time.

fake edit: a more serious answer would be to finally beat chayula with an SRS build.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

To hell with the two last acts, I personally did abstain from watching almost any kind of beta footage. I wonder if I'll make it to the maps in under 10 deaths.

I wonder if you'll be able to kill depression or that terminator 2 cosplay boss in less than 10 deaths, those were some exciting fights that are going to gently caress up so many HC players, even with their nerfs.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

funmanguy posted:

I inclined to try this with with berserker in order to take advantage of ball lightnings lots of little hits in a short time and VP with 100% leech. I know dbk did a ball lightning build a few leagues ago and I want to pick his brain about it.

I am an idiot and can never get decent numbers in path of building, i feel like it would be strong but I am too dumb to configure everything correctly.

I had a storm burst build that was giving me good PoB dps (~900k for single target I think?), and then I realized I was sitting on 2k life with god tier gear and I decided to go back to following other build guides as a base :nyoron:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

implying all those gems would stay there and not be all taken by one person in a day. lmao

implying that anyone would put gems in those tabs anyways. lmao

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Acht posted:

Anyone have some fun idea for a relatively safe HC build?
I'm playing the first two weeks of the league start on bad wifi and a laptop.

-I already did Sunder Soultaker last league.
-I also did SRS last league (bit boring).
-I dislike totems.

safe, but not minions or totems? I guess selfcast frostbolt or something until you die to reflect?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Abyss posted:

Just as a general tip, the cruel/merc resist drops adhere to your character instead of being based upon the zone you're in. Be sure to do your normal lab before you finish Act 5 and your cruel lab before you finish Act 7, otherwise you'll be doing them with -30/-60 resists for no reason than the difficulty factor. If you'd rather be in suspense of what triggers those resist losses, I've spoilered them below.

Act 5
Don't finish the Kitava fight on the top of the Cathedral

Act 7
Don't kill the giant purple spider, Arakaali.

This isn't correct anymore, the 2nd resist hit happens at the end of act10 according to the patch notes. I assume this means you have to finish act10 to map, but I didn't notice anything specific about that in the patch notes.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

It was around 112k for the 2.6 launch total.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Man this preseed torrent is loving slow, hopefully it finishes in less than 4 hours still.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

queeb posted:

do it, its my favorite totem build since it feels a bit more visceral.

that "bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam" sound is oddly soothing.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

DarkAvenger211 posted:

How do Microtransaction items work? If I buy one do I have permanent access to it? Like if I got some armour skins, could I reapply that to different items whenever I want on any character?

Yeah, the only restriction at this point is that the skin can only be in use on one character at a time.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

some people seem really gumpy that they aren't creative enough to come up with cool fresh names every league

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

and the claw won! posted:

it's patching !

time to see if that torrent worked!

e. it did! Login server's aren't up yet though. :nyoron:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Acht posted:

What do I do with that torrent if I am installed via Steam?

stop using steam?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I'm on the login screen but the realm is now down for maintenance :argh:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

New website backdrop is pretty dope, pretty hyped to see the new supporter packs too.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Slo-Tek posted:

Login servers are up.

not the realm though, so still time to be productive today

e. login servers backdown, hopefully not too much longer before I can claim a primo character name

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 4, 2017

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

rip patching servers

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

patching servers back up with a new ~440 mb update.

e. 4051 in the login queue

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Eezee posted:

That update wasn't on steam right? I'm in at 1800 and really don't want to restart the game.

I had used the torrent based update, so I wouldn't be shocked if it was local to that.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Izaro ain't nothing to gently caress with, but he's also probably the first fight your going up against where you're expected to learn how to do the fight (when to dodge and whatnot) versus just being able to tank your way through it with flasks.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Arsonide posted:

So I have a question about a plot hole here...it involves Act 5 spoilers, so I'll spoilerize it.

So in the first new act, you enter the Chamber of Innocence, and it looks like a loving church, and you are killing priests and nuns. One of the nun's attacks is to splash you with holy water. Your ultimate goal is to get to the high priest and murder him. That is when you learn he is the vessel of the Angel of Innocence, who you also murder. Then the Angel of Sin comes down and pats you on the back.

Who the gently caress are the good guys again?

Now, the justification for this is that Kitava, the god of insatiable hunger wants to eat the mortal plane, and from what I can tell so far, Sin has the foresight to put aside the whole Good versus Evil thing for a while to fight Kitava, but Innocence is too driven by absolutes and dogma to stop fighting evil for any reason. So Sin puts Innocence on the backburner for a while, so people can focus on Kitava. I might be wrong, but I think that's right...continuing on to the plot hole...

So technically the player has been the good guy all along, but drat if it didn't make you question that for a minute. Oh wait, the player was already going murderboat on those nuns before anybody explained why to him. Whoops, he was just killing nuns because they had phat loot. Is this explained at some point? Let's also not forget, he started a slave uprising for no reason. From what I can tell most of the classes were wrongfully exiled, and generally have good intentions...so these points confuse me.

The nuns were the ones enslaving and murdering people, duh

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Level 90 or bust.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

YoshiOfYellow posted:

So my SRS + Zombies Necro Witch is still going pretty strong, though I'm still squishy and resorting to Purity of Elements.

Just cleared Cruel Labyrinth and got Beacon of Corruption so my skulls and zombies explode in caustic clouds for 10% max HP per second damage. Looking at PoE DB for health values and factoring in my bonuses, my skulls have about 2.7k, so each skull's explosion cloud will do 270 DPS. Given I have a billion skulls everywhere, this is pretty snazzy with the large amount of fart clouds produced.

Which leads to my question. What would a Less Duration Support on SRS theoretically do to my overall DPS numbers? I'm wondering if the sped up explosions would outweigh the loss of skull uptime for their melee hits. I'm inclined to believe it doesn't at all but I wanted to pose the question to people far more knowledgeable at the game than me.

You would have gotten more dps/survivability by taking commander of darkness and mistress of sacrifice in your first two labs, and then spirit eater. Beacon of corruption is sort of an extra cherry on top of the other good ascendancies.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I'd prefer breaches in every map.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

The March Hare posted:

Yeah there will be hell to pay for this on Reddit I'm sure.

The Reddit is mostly people complaining about bring banned right now after leveling up. Stay tuned to see if it was a real ban wave or a hilarious gently caress up!

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

is that supposed to say being?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6sxtib/ggg_for_the_love_of_god_vacuum_pick_up_please/

Which goon was this? Dumb idea. Part of deciding what to pick up is a skill.

being, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Duck and Cover posted:

I've decided. As the complexity of a build goes up the harder it is to make it work. Every time GGG decides things need more health these marginal builds get edged out. Let's see what's Mathil playing? Oh elemental cyclone/charged dash never seen a cyclone build before.

"Duck and Cover you're just bitter your snowflake build is bad!" drat straight, guardians were a fine breaking point lovely High Garden boss less so. I can force it with better gear, a separate single target spell setup, maybe a different spell it's just disappointing to see how much better boring builds tend to be.

Everyone knows your builds can't handle the game anymore, you don't have to shout about it every few hours.