Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Indecisive posted:

New lightning tendrils looks a lot nicer but its still an extemely short range spell, which sucks

I want to try it with CwC Arc and see what happens. Or maybe BL, I guess. Just seems like it'll be so drat pretty with Arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Say, did you guys know that a Vagan arena counts as an area, and so you can arrive in there to be greeted by five Perandus packs? I didn't know that. Gosh, was that neat.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Oh hooray, I found an 89% Bisco's in the 10-day race that's ending soon.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Servers completely lovely for anyone else right now? (edit: incredibly lovely on a level I have seen since beta, to be clear?)

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Annoying. I'm getting disconnected every couple of minutes and my connection is fine otherwise. I'll try switching realms and see if that helps.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Thanks be to Jebus.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Woo free fire wings!

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

whypick1 posted:

The internet in a nutshell

The planet in a nutshell.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Kaglicious posted:

Late on this but I ran across this guide and had a ton of fun with it, thankfully got in before inpulsa's shot up to 30c for a 5 link.

I did that one too as a late-league test, and yeah, it's a lot of fun. I don't know when you bought it, but usually it's cheaper to buy the 5-link prophecy rather than a 5-link version of an item. At least whenever I've looked; maybe not super-early in a league, I suppose.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
I really hope they speed up the master leveling process (again). It's getting really old to level them up the same way again and again. Even if they just swapped out all the quests for new ones that'd really help.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
I went looking for a level 21 Arc yesterday and discovered that they (and the few levels below) had gotten stupidly expensive. Didn't know why until I saw Mathil's recent video just now. Why couldn't I have decided I needed one earlier?

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
There is also little reason not to at least get a guy to 35 in the flashback league for the free cosmetic item box.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Holyshoot posted:

Rip SA when people would drop the hard r left and right and no one cared. May you never be forgotten. (Every website has its shady past and SA is no different)

I too hate things that are super popular and judge them by the actions of a few. I'd argue Twitter is far worse a mistake and gives a far bigger mouth price to idiots.

We can probably find widespread agreement that both Twitter and Reddit are mistakes, though.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

MMF Freeway posted:

drat that all looks pretty cool. Interesting that the vaal gem is just a straight upgrade over the normal gem.

Harder to 20q, though.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Figured I might as well finish up to 24 challenges before taking a break, and one of the remaining ones is "Craft these Items." What am I doing wrong that I'm crafting magic colossal flasks of Staunching (using the "Adds 'of Staunching''") and not getting the credit?

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Well, gently caress. Thanks.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
I love pretty much everything about this game, have since beta, etc. Great respect for the developers and so forth. However, whoever designed the scorpion boss/Desert Spring boss fight can absolutely lick the poo poo out of my sweaty rear end.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Are there any builds out there that use Bladefall or is it just a terrible skill?

A few leagues back (actually, more than a few now that I think about it) I did a maxblock Gladiator that used Aegis Aurora to be nigh-unkillable and ran Blade Flurry CWC Bladefall for offense. It was fun.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

xiansi posted:

Spam trade for a while to get my last missing T11 map, pay over the odds.

Alch & vaal it into something awful, but do-able.

Completely miss the fact it turned into a T12 I had already finished.

Goto step 1...

This is why when I buy red maps to fill in the atlas I always buy at least two. :)

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
As long as Betrayal's going core, I hope that however it's tweaked allows for less "SUDDENLY YOU'RE DEAD" chaos-damage-based ganking, or I'll just have to always be CI Occultist builds to get over this trauma. Which isn't out of the question anyway, but still.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Tai posted:

A lot of people don't actually try to get positive chaos resist. I don't mean maxing it but just getting out of the negative and taking that high extra damage you receive.

I didn't notice but I dropped from 0% chaos to -15% chaos due to me being drunk while swapping some crafts around. The damage was insane from just dropping to -15%. ilvl 83 syndicates aren't a problem tbh minus some rippy combo of map mods. It really is the chaos resist and it's not even hard to get positive chaos resist now with the 15% craft. It also has another resist with it of your choice plus you stack it i.e having cold resist as a suffix already also lets you craft chaos/cold resist. It's so good.

Also phase run helps too for the gank squads. As soon as that portal pops, phase run and have a look at the situation.

Yeah, I know, I'm just being bitchy. Part of my problem is that my current guy this league has basically no room left to add another bit of chaos resist to get me there (previous one was CI, so). Ordinarily I do try to get it to at least zero, and I just have a build that has more uniques than I usually use, with less flexibility for resists.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Cryohazard posted:

I genuinely think that if you're not using Vaal Summon Skeleton aka Skeleton Party on every character at every opportunity you're doing it wrong. God drat it's fun to summon a party bus of skeletons.

This is how I felt about Vaal Detonate Dead until they nerfed/ruined it.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

This is why I keep doing the chaos recipe. It doesn't take me that long, scratches the itch to be picking up loot, and provides SOME income if you don't keep getting 00 on the roulette wheel.

I hear you, but I will add that in regard to the chaos recipe, I finally took everyone's advice and stopped doing it entirely a couple of leagues ago, and each successive league I have made more currency than I ever had before that. For what that's worth.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Jazerus posted:

you'll learn

the biggest thing is realizing that a lot more things have trade value than is immediately apparent, so you start selling some of the stuff you would have previously been trashing. which gets you a lot of chaos since that's the universal currency, but you'd have to go out of your way to buy alchs and scours with those chaos. well, that and speed - the faster you're going the more stuff you'll get.

Also, whenever your sulphite fills up, delve until it's empty, and VENDOR lovely UNIQUES. Doing these things will keep you (not you, the guy you were responding to) flush with alchs. I used to run low on alchs moving up through the yellow maps, but these two things have eliminated that problem entirely.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
I am now convinced that the best way to draw attention to items you have for sale, and to start getting tons of whispers on things that have been sitting there for weeks, is to start a long-ish delve. It never fails.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Posting to get onto page 999 of the drat thread, because Jesus H.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

silvergoose posted:

More like Herman C.

A deep cut, and I like it.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

He's up for a seat on the Fed, been in the news a lot the last week.

I know, but still.

edit for content: is there a technical reason why if you die fighting the Elder or one of his guardians it dumps you out back into town rather than back into the map you came from, or your hideout, like every single other time it happens in the game? Is it just to be pricks?

Sarcastro fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 16, 2019

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Truga posted:

the one that lets you roll with 5 quicksilver flasks :v:

I always enjoy weaponizing my quicksilver flasks by running Cyclone.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
I just now remembered that in the final map I ran last night I'd put in a divine vessel to upgrade the associated pantheon but totally forgotten about it. gently caress.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

whypick1 posted:

It's still in the map device.

Saved from my own absent-mindedness!

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

This game should have a “you would be level X if you died even half as much” because I bet I’d be level 110 by now

YES.

Also, small quality-of-life request for some upcoming patch, or at least POE2: please please please let us unstack currency/etc. without needing to close the trade window.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Can someone tell me how to search for metamorph organs on any of the trade sites? I got one that drops a six-link unique body armor and want to figure out if I should sell or just run it and see what I get, but I cannot for the life of me find the right terms/categories on either the official site or poe.trade. It's driving me nuts.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Arrhythmia posted:

Put ITF in research

I don't know why it never popped into my brain before, but now and forevermore I'll have to read that as "It That Fucks".

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Arrhythmia posted:

Personally, I trust assurances of "the pandemic won't affect this" about as far as I can throw them

I don't know - they're located in a country that has managed this quite a bit more effectively than, uh, certain others.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Currency and map tabs are by leaps and bounds the best, but I've also been really glad for the Frag and Unique tabs to reduce stash clutter.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

whypick1 posted:

I'm not sure if GGG would put what is essentially a crafting bench inside of a tab, but storage for Blighted maps would be nice if GGG isn't going to either keep them separated somehow in the map tab or at least have them show up when using the search box (same gripe with Elder maps).

Yeah, those would both be very welcome changes.

Here's another small quality-of-life change that I'd like to see: when a prophecy pops, make the popup smaller, less intrusive into the part of the screen you need to see, and go away more quickly.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Vasudus posted:

Press space when the prophecy window is up.

Oh, I know, I just don't want to!

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

StoryTime posted:

Not having a movement skill: also feels dumb.

Don't you get Dash/Frostblink as a quest reward at like level 4? (looking at the wiki, I guess the Marauder is the only class that doesn't get either.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Arrhythmia posted:

Yeah but he's not going to get another item with links until what, act 6?

Ah, that's right. I forgot about the "where to put it" part.