Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hauki posted:

Yeah, basically.

I have no idea if anyone is running other goon guilds besides the marble gyros dudes, and if they are I'm guessing they don't have a ton of donations rolling in to max out stash tabs and member slots. I don't even remember what the default number of members is, isn't it something laughably low?

If someone wanted to take the reigns and organize a second actual guild, I'm sure a bunch of other goons would appreciate it, otherwise your best bet is to keep spamming GGG with petitions for more max member slots & guild functions.

Marble gyros sound like a horrible marvel heroes guild and if it's the same dudes I'll probably kick a few dollars their way to up the size if they aren't at cap already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

What can cause a loot filter that is working fine one day and then loving not work despite your best efforts?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Eminai posted:

If it's not showing items it should, make sure you didn't toggle highlight items and objects.

This ended up being the issue, for whatever the reason. Thanks!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SirPhoebos posted:

If a skill says that it effects allies, does that include minions?

I know auras work on at least arrow clones since the entire mirror arrow build relies on your auras pumping them up

Also srs into mirror arrow build has been the smoothest build I've tried all league. Its kinda slow at first but once you get to 30+ its smooth sailing. I'll probably use it as my league starter for the next one.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

theres no way that ancenstral calls interaction with molten strike is working as intended

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tulip posted:

OK, so I want to jump in on this league, but I am completely overwhelmed by looking at the new gearing options, so I have no idea what to play. I've been playing fairly casually since Breach, and I've gotten the following up to maps:

Essence Drain-Contagion
Reverse Shockwave Searing Bond (twice)
Frostbolt CWC Storm Burst
Earthquake
Bladeflurry
Specters (Solar Guard)
Tornado Shot

I liked the Searing Bond and the Solar Guard the most, and I really hated the TShot. EQ and BF were pretty boring, frostbolt and contagion were pretty fun. I kind of want to play something different this league.

I've heard Volatile Dead is pretty clunky? I've been thinking about Dark Pact Totems, Ethereal Knives, or Frostblade, based on some very limited research. I don't like mines. What do you guys suggest/think?

Frost Blades + Molten Strike raider is incredibly powerful right now and thematically fits the whole fire and ice theme they have with their lootbox. This depends entirely on molten strike not getting nerfed to the ground but if it does then you can revert to a more generalist frost blade build rather easily.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fat_Cow posted:

I checked the discord last night and didn't see a PoE room, so maybe I am blind but. What build would you reccomend as a "first character" for a league, something to easily farm up items for other characters you make?

Mathil does a video each league with tried and tested good starter builds for each league. Be wary with the amount of health he picks though, most people probably need more health than what he picks for his builds. And although his starter builds dont use any particular rare equipment starting out if he sticks through one till end game and announces what he's using it tends to skyrocket the prices of the gear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La4arhpKBv8

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Well from molten strike to volatile dead, it seems flaming balls rule everything around me

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Named quest mob decides to ram me but ends up going off screen, my flaming balls give chase 3 seconds later the pop up for the next part of the quest shows up. Volatile Dead is really good and I'll probably make a witch version with the next league as my starter unless it gets nerfed to the ground.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah I just turned 66 and got my grels on and drat the amount of damage and leech is just insane. Im standing on poo poo not giving a gently caress.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

What could be causing PoE to just not want to use all of my gpu? The GPU is showing 100% utilization, but then theres massive frame drops and the power usage never goes above 50%. Its not happening on my other games

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

Something is fucky... I have a 1080ti and a 120hz Gsync 3440x1440 Dell monitor that displays the FPS. I have it set to a 118 FPS cap and it never misses a frame no matter what poo poo is happening, unless I'm mining cryptocurrency at the same time in which case it still maintains ~40fps.

Y'all need to do some troubleshooting, make sure your drivers are up to date, I dunno.

Are you in true fullscreen mode? Maybe that's what you need to do.

It was working fine and then yesterday it sort of took a poo poo. Yeah I'm generating more balls and maps are getting more mobs but going from pretty stable 100+ frames to dropping to 30 and feeling extremely sluggish even at higher frames has me confused.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Have you considered a stricter loot filter, having the entire screen filled up with item tags can lag a little.

Yeah this ended up being one of the primary reasons for my fps issues I guess. I tested out my character just standing around unleashing ball hell and it didnt cause any decrease in frames. Packs themselves of mobs weren't doing much either. By putting on the strict filter the game still spikes when fighting mobs, but not to the point g-sync cant do poo poo about it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Anyone try that dual grelwood shank molten strike scion thing Engineering Eternity posted a while back? Debating doing that instead of CI HoWA inquisitor, the massive projectile quantity looks funny at least.

I did the build too and it feels pretty good although super squishy at times till you get grelwoods and the slayer ascendancy. After that all you really need to watch out for is reflect, which will absolutely destroy you before you can react. Its really fun, relatively cheap and a good starter from my experience.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

thats one piece of work alright

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

drat new scion is just brimming with possibilities

Berserker Slayer for maximum :black101:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im actually enjoying this leagues MH aspect. Its a nice change to the SMASH EVERYTHING IN YOUR SCREEN most leagues are and being able to use those leveling recipes as you go is very useful

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This is actually really fun

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

Gonna be a good league boys.

:yikes:

Arc has solved my issues with anemic early leveling for caster types. Its so good now! I'm never touching firestorm again

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Bugsy posted:

I think thread invites are all caught up now. If not post a character name.

OldManNima if there is any space left

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

baby puzzle posted:

Does it get easier? I can't do anything... It feels pointless to go in there.

For my arc totem dude it was when I started self casting arc prior to switching to totems. I when I watched to totems I had a worse time till I got arc + totem + controlled + faster casting. Now everything in the room melts before I can get a critical from orb of storms to proc my buffs or debuff the enemy

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Remember to use 2 heralds before switching to MoM.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I started out a vaal double strike duder after getting some basic starter gear to use from my arc totem guy. The game immediately proceeds to give me a quicksilver flask at level 4 with extra charges and 30% extra run speed. Then at like level 7 gives me a tabula. At 15 I equip both of my bleed daggers and go to town. In a blink of an eye I'm like at +22 seconds left on the incursion with 2/3 of the mobs already dead.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I would love to hear the witches snark through the rest of the story

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im making a herald witch right now because sword sorceress is kinda funny to me but drat is the infernal blow jugg mathil made sound/look cool

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Devor posted:

It’s the Wet Paper one on his account yeah? Is there any gimmick aside from Jugg for Aoe and tankiness?

He was saying earlier in the league that champ is just too loving strong and wanted to roll something else so he went jugg and is using and abyssus to counteract the low damage from the ascendancy.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Incursion challenge/Ascendancy stats

Who are those weirdos who never ascend? :wtc:

Is everyone doing herald bv witch or is this all self casting arc witches?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think the abilities have progressed enough that offensive wise we are good for the early game. There are good early game abilities for every play style, melee can use ancestral call with just about anything to make it work better, and add a melee splash and makes the remainder of melee abilities good. Arc getting buffed makes early leveling as a caster a breeze.

Its just the lack of movement abilities early on and just how slow you move that really drags down the early game. Giving everyone a quicksilver early on helped a tad bit, onslaught can help, but base movement speed is just too slow.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3DhXSmFPYo

God bless you eirikeiken

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I wouldn't run arc this league even if shimmeron weren't nerfed, I'm sick of it.

I'm thinking of making a poo poo spewing pathfinder or necro zombie/skelly summoner anything to get away from arc

Im salivating look at all those minion damage nodes all close together in the witch/templar starting zones. As well as lots of mana/recovery, it'll be way easier to level as pure minions early on.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Aug 29, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Turd Herder posted:

What is an RMT site?

Real Money Trade

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

How does your own personal damage affect minion damage? Is minion damage only affected by your minion damage nodes and gear? Like that node that says minion damage now affects your own damage, that wont make my SRS hit harder in some sort of double dipping right?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I wonder how usually inexpensive things like victarios and barrons are going to be this league

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Arc Totem Heiro

NO

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Eh, I didnt know caustic arrows damage over time component was going to benefit from projectile damage nodes. I have no clue if I should focus on the direct damage portion or instead making a bleed/poison focus. Still thinking bleed + poison with vicious projectiles is the way I'm going. But this high movement speed range character seems to conflict heavily with the entire point of this league

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Devor posted:

Powering up your HOA crawler with a poison build probably wants a main skill that hits a ton of times with poison, yeah? Maybe Tornado Shot with Poison support.

Does Poison Support's poison chance stack with Lesser Poison Support's poison chance?

Is the HOA chance additive with Poison support, e.g. 20% from HOA plus 60% from Poison Support gives 80%?

And I assume that neither of the new bow attacks (Scourge Arrow, Toxic Rain) is actually poison - they just have chaos damage

It all really depends, pathfinder with her new nodes and caustic arrow with pierce or multiple projectiles will probably be enough poison generated to be near max crawler as long as there are multiple enemies.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Already have planned out my CA pathfinder core and paths I'm going to take based on how it plays out. Gonna end up with plenty of health nodes, the question will be is it better to trade off a little health for more evade nd that sort of spot checking is going to be very far away given that its basically the last nodes anyways.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Can loving GGG get with the times and implement larger guilds for fucks sake

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Welp forget it, I'll probably try after I come back from work

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Aug 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So my tree ended up looking like the bastard child of Tarkes and Mathils CAs builds by the looks of it. I'm thinking if I end up changing it it'll look more like Tarkes, it has less damage and more
health/mana nodes than Mathils, if I feel like it synergises better with the pathfinder flask style more. I'll experiment with a tiny bit of mana leech and if its enough to keep my mana up then I'll drop those nodes in favor of more damage on the bottom part of the grid.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 31, 2018