Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Taking a magical Flicker Strike journey never gets old

Until you accidentally flicker back into a pack of bearers and die :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Could I grab a guild invite please?

IGN is Zadiel

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Invite for Zadiel please, if there is still room in the guild.

Edit: Thanks!

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Mar 2, 2018

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Is a cast while channel SR build still good for starting? People kept recommending it to me previously but I never went for it.

CWC SR + Firestorm was great for a while, but lost a lot of popularity because it relied heavily on two things:

1.) Vaal Pact giving you instantaneous leech which let you stand in one place and facetank
2.) Guaranteed spell leech via Berserker (or the life leech gem I guess)

The build almost certainly still works, but it is nowhere near as good without VP support for it.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Could I grab an invite on Zadiel, please?

Also, if new Elemental Hit works the way I think it does, you can get some really silly damage by blocking cold + lightning using the threshold jewels and picking up a source of AoF. Your Ele hit is now 100% fire, and converts another 50% of the cold and lightning damage of Ele Hit to fire. You could even throw on other conversion stuff, like Cold to Fire and Call of the Brotherhood.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Eezee posted:

Yes, the elements get converted before they are chosen by the skill. So if you block Cold and Lightning and get AoF, you will always deal the full Fire damage plus 50% of Lightning and 50% of Cold damage.

That seems really broken though. I'm not sure that's gonna stay in the actual patch.

Agreed, I think this would be super busted. With a Xoph's Blood for AoF, Fire Pen Support, a Wise Oak on Fire, and Primeval Force, you could easily hit like -65% fire res on enemies. Even more if you went Pathfinder (or maybe Scion Elementalist + Pathfinder, so you don't gib yourself on Reflect)

Best way to apply this is probably a Piscator's.

Or, comedy option, Ele Hit mines with Saboteur?

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
How badly would I nuke myself on reflect if I went ele hit/KB wander as something that wasn't reflect immune?

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Wait, did they get rid of reflect rares?

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I remember seeing some 9500 hp jugg get gibbed in a red map when he killed a triple essence mob and a DD totem popped the corpse the second it died. Real stupid lol

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

TheRat posted:

Speaking of essence mobs, volatiles used to have a bit of the same problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOLnsSrE3pE . Thankfully they nerfed them in the end.

Haha, that's amazing. Screen pops up with the resurrect in town prompt while you still have full ES, that was a legit one shot.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Cool

:rip:

edit: Hot drat, PoB is already updated.

PoB already updated for the new skill tree and uniques, but looks like skill data hasn't been updated yet so I can't theorycraft my dumb ele hit build :argh:

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Someone posted an interesting way of simulating Ele Hit damage in PoB. Not sure how accurate it is, because this looks like a lot of damage, but:

Make a magic cobalt jewel in PoB, then edit it with the following mods:

Cobalt Jewel
Quality: 0
Limited to: 1
Implicits: 0
18% more Damage
49% chance to ignite
10% more damage with hits per Freeze, Shock and Ignite on Enemy
Adds 419 to 779 fire damage to attacks
Adds 343 to 637 cold damage to attacks
Adds 67 to 1280 lightning damage to attacks
Deal no physical damage
100% less chaos damage

Use a level 19 Power Siphon with 0% quality as the attack to simulate; it does 160.4% base damage, so the 18% more damage multi on the jewel simulates the 188% damage effectiveness of added damage on the new Ele Hit gem.

With AoF and other conversion shenanigans, I'm seeing a tooltip dps of like 1.5 million using pretty decent gear on a 6L.

Also, with new Ele Hit getting a 10% more multi per elemental ailment, Emberwake is probably huge.

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 30, 2018

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

We don't know the numbers on elehit. They're not in the patch notes and the gem we saw the other day wasn't the final balance values, which doesn't bode well with the dozens of panic messages Mark got about them.

Well, sure; this is all theorycrafted. Just proving a point that it's pretty dumb as currently implemented; I expect it to get changed.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

McFrugal posted:

Could I get a pastebin for this? I want to mess with it.

Hastily put together PoB thing for Ele Hit

The jewel slot next to point blank is just for the jewel that approximates Ele Hit damage using Power Siphon, so the build is effectively level 91. There's probably a way more efficient build than this, but until I get a Xoph's Blood in the league I'm gonna have to use either Scion starting in the Templar area or take a long-rear end journey up there from the right side of the tree.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

McFrugal posted:

One problem with this build: it doesn't take a str/int jewel slot to lock out cold. It's not 91 at all since you need two Combat Focus jewels and you're not even theoretically using them. You can either pick the one near Templar or the one near Scion-- Templar's is cheaper since you can de-allocate a 10% ele node once you path to it, but Scion's gives some regen which might be worth the extra point. You then need to get rid of 2 or 3 more nodes to reach 91.

The Ele Hit simulation jewel is what you'll be putting in that extra jewel slot. You can put an extra 10% increased ele on it for accuracy.

True enough, I forgot I removed the second one. Scion regen won't work, since this uses vaal pact.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Looks like even after the nerf (which was 100% deserved, it would have been insane otherwise) Ele Hit is still going to be good. It lost a bunch of added damage effectiveness but gained a bunch of extra flat damage added to the skill, so they're really trying to push you towards sources of %increased damage instead of adding more flat damage on top of it.

On a 6L running GMP I'm still seeing like 850k shaper dps with gear that should cost maybe 8 ex or so, which seems pretty solid overall.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Since Elemental Hit doesn't really get much from any of the offensive auras, I wonder if it's best to just go with defensive auras? Grace and Blashemy Enfeeble/Tchains, or something.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Is there going to be a trick to running this or a stupid leveling strat, I've literally never made a Hierophant before and I missed the entirety of the last league and major patch so idk what's up anymore

No tricks, it's literally as simple as linking Arc + Spell Totem + whatever damage supports, dropping totems and watching the screen melt.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Those can gib you outright even if you have chaos resist if you do maps with any kind of damage mods, particularly crit chance/damage or extra projectiles. The other problem is what they fire is actually a spell, so it ignores evasion.

I had 5500 hp and 60% chaos res and got deleted in a single volley by a set of those a while back in a t12 map with the only relevant damage mod being crit chance/damage. The map also had like 25% packsize, which was actually what killed me, I think.

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 13, 2018

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Hopeshredder now deals 200 Cold damage per second per Frenzy charge (down from 400). It now also has 15-25% increased Attack Speed. Using a Divine Orb on an existing copy of this item will update that item with both of these changes.

This actually seems disgusting. It halves the cold damage you take, making it easier to deal with the degen, and a 25% attack speed increase is massive. I think I might have to give this a shot this league.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I could also use a guild invite on Zadiel, please.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
If the guild isn't full, could I grab an invite on Zadiel?

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7kzf89np8M

Pretty good prediction video from ItsYoji on what's going to get nerfed. I'm absolutely certain one or more of Glancing Blows/Mistress of Sacrifice/Bone Offering will be nerfed, because the combination of all three is such a trivial way to cap block, especially when used with effects that grant you %life/es gained on block.

Self Temporal Chains also has to go, it just enables so much ridiculous bullshit like perma headhunter buffs and the immunity build created this league.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

McFrugal posted:

That's the only good reason to take Glancing Blows. Max block with Glancing Blows is roughly equivalent to 37.5% normal block chance, and can't ever get any better than that. A passable reason to take Glancing Blows would be if you aren't investing in block chance but have a shield and would like less randomness in your incoming damage.
Glancing Blows doesn't need to be nerfed at all. They might nerf life/es on block though.

Yeah true, I can see that. Glancing Blows by itself isn't the problem, the things it enables are the problem.

I do think it's slightly better than 37.5% block, and it's because it makes the damage you take less spiky overall.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Some of these balance manifesto changes make no sense. Why would they nerf Glancing Blows, but not the thing that specifically made Glancing Blows overpowered as gently caress, which is Life/ES gained on block?

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Welp I was planning on trying a CWC WI dude to start the league and that sure seems to be a poo poo idea now. Not entirely sure why they did Ice Storm and Fire Storm dirty like this, just took them both out back and shot them.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Alt quality gems up:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2936122

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Could I grab a guild invite on Zadiel if there's room?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Miss Broccoli posted:

Does anyone on trade actually use essences beyond acts?

Essences of Spite are incredible if you're Int stacking, especially when used on belts, where you can't normally roll Int.

As previously mentioned, Shrieking/Deafening Essences of Dread are an easy way to get a +2 bow for CA/TR.