Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

can the new loot filter sounds be used to make my game yell orb every time an orb drops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I hope mathil didn't gently caress up frost blades ranger for me

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Hold down shift while using currencies to keep them on your cursor is a fun fact that should be in 72 point font in the op

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

skeleton mages are bad and so is standard

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

might I suggest prolog

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

10bux posted:

I've noticed quite a few goons wanting to play one of the Pathfinder/Raider Elemental Wander builds, so I just wanted to make a quick post to hopefully help you buy the best wand. Let me say first off, even though the wands aren't 10ex+ like the old phys wand builds, wanders are still expensive as gently caress too make. Keep that in mind if you wanna make one.

Anyway, in my opinion, your wand MUST have ALL of of the following four criteria:

1. Imbued Wand Base
2. Lightning Damage
3. Attack Speed
4. Crit Chance

Now I guarantee if you search for a wand with all four of the above plus something like... 180+ elemental dps, you are looking at wands costing many exalts. The good news is Master crafting wands is very good, specifically Increased Attack Speed and Increased Critical Strike Chance. This allows us many unique options for buying a wand.

Outlined below is my recommendation for buying a wand, which will cost whatever you pay for the wand, plus 2-4 exalted. Remember exalts are trading for 45:1c currently, so 180 chaos. Anyone who's played a wander will tell you this is cheap as gently caress for a wand that's almost impossible to replace for less then 20ex or something. If you cannot afford the 2-4 price, then use Piscator's Unique.

HOW TO BUY A GOOD ELEMENTAL WAND:

Step 1: Search poe.trade/poeapp for an Imbued Wand with 180+ Elemental DPS

Step 2: Look only at the wands with High Lightning Damage (T1/T2) and High Fire or Cold Damage (T1-T3). Then use one of the methods outlined below:

Wand One: First, look to see if there's any with 10%+++ Increased Attack Speed and an open suffix; or 20-25%+++ increased Critical Strike Chance with an open suffix. If there is, and its less then 2-4ex with the elemental damage above, this is a good deal and a good wand, I'd buy it. Take note that the third prefix and suffix really don't matter as long as you have the four criteria. however, WED, Multi, a 3rd Ele dmg, Increased Lightning Damage, etc are all nice bonuses and can actually make the wand worth a lot more then 4ex and still be a good deal. Good loving luck finding this wand before everyone else does though. If there are none, go on to Wand Two.

Wand Two: Now look for a wand with the necessary elemental DPS and ZERO suffixes. If there's one for 1-2ex or less, go ahead and buy it, it's a good deal (again, third prefix isn't a huge deal). Then with Elreon 8, you pay 2ex for "can have multiple crafted mods," and craft crit chance attack speed. If there aren't any wands like this, move onto Wand Three.

Wand Three: This is usually going to be your best bet in my opinion. Look for a wand with the necessary elemental damage that also has a third prefix that's either OPEN; or, 3rd elemental dmg, 20%+ Elemental Damage with attacks, Increased Lightning Damage %, or something like +2 lightning gems or spell damage is decent as well, but not as desirable. Once you find one that has the right prefixes, then look at the suffixes. The only thing that matters is that it has 1-3 open suffixes, basically (2 SUFFIX MAXIMUM). Try to find one that meets those prefix/suffix requirements for 1-20chaos, but I'd definitely pay up to an exalt for T1/T1. Then, take your wand to Haku level 8 and craft "prefixes cannot be changed." Once you have done that, use an orb of scouring so that all you have left is the elemental damage prefixes. Then take it to elreon 8 and craft "can have multiple crafted mods." Then back to Tora so that you can craft attack speed, crit chance, and possibly Elemental Damage with Weapons if you got an open prefix.

If there's no goons with high enough masters on, feel free to search the forums for a crafting service. I've never had a problem in prior leagues and I almost always use the free ones, but tell the guy im going to tip him in the end.

Here's a wand I just purchased for 10chaos, and will be using step 4:

I just purchased that for 10chaos, then I'll do the Haku 8 mod "prefixes cannot be changed," scour it, then elreon 8 for "can have multiple crafted mods," then craft Increased Elemental Damage with Weapons, Increased Critical Strike Chance, Increased Attack Speed. You might have to divine a couple times to get the rolls you want but those are currently cheap.

Total cost = 10 chaos + 2 exalt + 1 scour + 2 exalt + 4 alchemy + 2 chaos. 4ex 12chaos 1 scour 4alch.

is this the thing that goes fast

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

I found an exalt in act 9, looks like they're about 45c right now. How fast are those expected to rise?

Other way around

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

interrodactyl posted:

you want my build for the thing that goes fast

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/interrodactyl/characters?charactername=PleaseBuffPathfinder

queen of the forest blade vortex lab runner

weapon swap is important here

now we're talkin'

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Hooplah posted:

This map boss life rebalance thing is super discouraging and kinda makes me not want to map anymore. If I'm one-shotting nearly every pack in the map, the boss shouldn't brick wall me like that. I don't know what they were thinking with this change. I'm wiping on loving t3s.

How do you wipe on t3, is your gear complete poo poo?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Speaking of that rhoa,

Day 3 or 4 of the league, shaped arid lake, garbo gear gc miner. Walking through the map, clearing pretty easy so I decide to go ahead and enrage the boss. Pop all the nests, get to last one and pop it as the rhoa charges me. Start hitting her with my mines and another one comes flying in off screen. It was a twinned map :negative:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

You can make totems throw traps right??

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Araganzar posted:

I got this game because I loved partying with others in Diablo III and seeing all the insane poo poo people come up with and the massive particle effects.

This game is great but I'm a social player. Once maps get repetitive the only interesting content is other people.

However, I probably ask at the beginning, middle, and end of each play session if anyone wants to group or do maps or whatever. No one has ever responded.

In general public parties are at least as bad as any game I have ever seen. They are rude, no one types, no one drops ports when you ask, and god forbid you can't move 100% as fast as someone on their 19th time through the game with 500c of twinked gear.

Goons have been great about helping with gear, advice, throwing some maps in the stash, etc. I have to assume there's some real detriment to grouping or some way in which the mechanics discourage it.

Is this the way it is, is it due to us being early in a league, am I just behind the curve (I'm 75 and trying to get my T6-T7 maps) or what? I can clear fast but chaos resistant bosses are a real issue and I wind up dying 5-6 times and lose everything I've worked for and more. I don't mind dying but having to earn the same bar of xp six times suuuuucks.

A real easy way to get parties is to play a support/buffing build and then mention that liberally when asking to party.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Ignore them unless they're wearing fancy hats and poo poo

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

NPR Journalizard posted:

Yes i will ignore the pack in the boss room good idea

*looks at name*

oh.

Wasn't talking to you, but for you my advice is to get good :smugdog:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Biscos, ventors, goldwrym, those iiq gloves, perandus blazon.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

what base is it?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

ubachung posted:

Is it a bad idea to run 3 different cast when damage taken setups? I'm thinking of a level 1 cwdt linked to blade vortex, curse on hit and enfeeble, a level 19 linked to immortal call, bladefall and brutality, and level 20 linked to a golem. Are the level 19 and 20 gems likely to clash? Should I use a lower level golem and fully level the ic + bf? Is this just a terrible idea in general?

This is for a lazy dark pact berserker with blood magic.

There are a few builds that run entirely on cwdt setups. I have one on harbinger sc that has like 5 or 6 and it's kinda hard to play without feeling sick

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Immortal call should be on a lower level cwdt imo

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Is that worth using over a QOTF though

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

THIS LOOKS VERY GOOD I AM EXCITE

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

phone sex with chris wilson

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Flameblast totems is the single most boring build I've ever played

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

Rodent, how did you manage survivability on GC mines?

Don't get hit

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Rest in Peace going fast :smith:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

When the patch notes come out someone make a melee necro, Tia. Preferably Cyclone.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Keru posted:

Wish I'd saved my Ichimonji blade flurry necro I built for Legacy now.

This checks some desired gimmick build boxes alright, you have the general gist of it?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

quote:

Vaal Pact has been significantly increased.

:getin:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

frajaq posted:

Could Wild Strike + Ancestral Call actually be a thing? I like the idea since it reminds me of playing Enhancement Shaman in WoW

No, wild strike has the aoe tag

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Ancestral Call apparently works with flicker strike, by the way

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

heres a video of ancestral call + molten strike in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m2U3hanOsw

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I'm pretty sure it works without doing any damage, it's like curse on hit right?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I'm missing the sweet sound of shattering mobs, suggest me a good go fast build with HoI or some kind of shatter

im thinking maybe some kind of inquisitor, I miss DEATH TO SIN

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Lechtansi posted:

Literally everyone in the game is in global 820 for trading, so i doubt theres cap.

Nah that has a cap, you can get overflowed into a random global channel at certain times

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Yes for the most part although there are like 5 others

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Give 10ex to me, your best friend, and then do whatever your heart desires

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

It's deffo a weird fetish

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Exalts to the moon!!

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

LeninVS posted:

Thanks to exterminate for getting me to vaal my ngamhamu flame. It gained the culling strike mod and I sold it for enough to buy a xophs blood...

I should vaal the xophs blood

Double or nothing

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Zero VGS posted:

Somehow on HC SSF, I made it all the way to A10 Kitava, the last time I played there was only 3 Acts, but this time I just went Dual Flame Totem Survivability and I've been kicking rear end. Most of the close calls have been trying to do the Abyss surface encounters because those manta mobs gently caress me up when I'm trying to do it in the time limit, but the last bunch of bosses have been butthole puckering.

I'm scared shitless to fight Kitava after watching that he has those "X" attacks that can probably one shot me, plus he summons those demon heralds who throw a red orb that somehow hit for a third of my HP pool.

- Does A10 Kitava's thing where he sets the ground on fire count as "Burning Ground" for purposes of Pantheon burning ground immunity?

- Does A10 Kitava and adds only do physical and fire damage?

- My level is 75 right now, 4200 HP, capped ele resist, 7200 DPS per totem, should I give up ~1000 dps from Anger to run Purity of Fire instead?

- My gear blows since I'm SFF, I'm using a bunch of low level Uniques since they're better than high level rares, and I have a good amount of currency, what should I spend it on, rolling better Jewels maybe?

- I assume there's no good go-to hiding places during the fight and I should just run around in circles like an idiot? I'm not the best at placement and beat him in A5 by just treating it like a bullet hell game and running to anywhere on the screen that wasn't covered with death.

- Last but not least, I do have a crapton of HP regen, like 300 per second, is there any point where I can outrace his damage and not worry about one-shots if I'm doing mindless laps around the stage?

why are you doing this to yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

What are you doing