Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Someone mind looking at my arc mines leveling tree and telling me where to get more life? Existence is pain and I've died a lot leveling this, mostly to bosses but they're builds I'd rather have not happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

whypick1 posted:

I live, I die, I live again! :black101:

As was stated previously, GGG has had a pretty good success rate on expansion launches....

....overhauling MTX systems on the other hand...

if somehow the mtx system rears its head and kills the servers again once servers go live, i think chris wilson is just gonna take the code for the new mtx system and blast it into the sun

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
There are a couple prophecies like that that are balls to the wall rare. There's a good chance that prophecy is almost always used immediately on either sorcerer boots or leather belts, simply because it's a straight up 50/50 to get a super good unique out of it

E; now that I think about it, whenever you use an item/prophecy that guarantees a unique item drop, if you were to use it on a leather belt, will headhunter only ever come from a nemesis league map? Like if you use an ancient orb, will it try to roll regardless of what league you're in, or does it have to be done in a nemesis zone even then?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

ronya posted:

Trash to Treasure is a guaranteed Skyforth unless you're careless enough to roll it in a map with the Warbands mod - hence its rarity. There's no other meaningful use of the prophecy afaik. So there's no reason to spend the coins to seal it for sale - just turn it into Skyforth and sell that.

Didn't know the other sorcerer boot was warbands only, good to know

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Don't forget you can chance shavs off of occultist vestments

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Did liquid win

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

:911:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Pollyzoid posted:

Anyone know what the price of Rise of the Phoenix has been in previous HC leagues? It's floating between 33c and 40c right now, while it's only 2c on SC. I bought mine yesterday and sold it today for 40c because I figured the price might go down soon. I don't really need it just yet and I want to save some currency.

It's usually been a fairly cheap shield in leagues past but because a ton of people are playing rf this league it's price is through the roof

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
he lives
https://youtu.be/ccI4PKIte1o

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Drunk Badger posted:

If those top two are 100c now, I dread seeing what they'll cost at the start of a league. Sounds like my plan is SRS at the start, and golem or spectre later.

Golems definitely aren't a season starter unless you're able to snipe the jewels for cheap off of some guy who doesn't know the value of the jewels. Something like srs can run at the start of a league with pretty much just a tabula, which at league start is a *little* pricey but once you get it you can skyrocket your gear just through the sheer value of getting higher ilvl drops from the higher tier maps you're able to do as a result.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Zo posted:

no offense to people in softcore, i wish i could enjoy that as much as you guys.

Part of the fun of SC is doing stupid poo poo you would never ever touch in hc ever, like twinned lmp 100% Inc aoe piety

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

George posted:

Not only that but the team just spent tons of time and effort on an expansion that made the story bigger and less tedious.

The issue is that there are players that view any gameplay that isn't blowing up mobs with your endgame build as tedious and boring; this is why Diablo 3 shits out a gear set at you as fast as it can, to get players up to speed and into the grind since they know that's the only thing they have going for themselves

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, the solo self found buttons you can click when choosing a league are those literal exact modes, no trading, no partying, just the dirt you find off the ground

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

nerdz posted:

Interesting! I'll probably won't trigger that SSF thing because so far I'm not doing it because I just don't feel like doing those things so far. It's possible that in the future I might do some trade if feel invested enough to do it. Already have like 2 chaos orbs, 5 hours in! Dunno if that's a lot or not.

It's enough for a few gear pieces once you get to mapping if you play your cards right, but in terms of relative value to most people it's anywhere from a fraction of what some people have in raw currency to a drop in the ocean of money some players swim in

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Ffxi in screenshots looks ok but in motion it's literal rear end. Wow also looks like literal rear end but it's because they stretch the same 300x300 texture that looks really good at 300x300 over a 30000x30000 space. Plus the fact that some of the skill and inventory artwork is still poo poo they ripped from Warcraft 3 because "hey, it still works I guess". When it comes to graphics there isn't really a doubt that d3 blows Poe out of the water but I can't help but feel that Poe's issues come from engine limitations. Say what you will about Diablo's current state of gameplay, that game runs like butter and has ran like butter since 1.0, on top of looking very good (as far as dungeon crawler loot em ups go).

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Can't you trade with someone just so long as you're in the same area as them and click their name and chat and then trade, or do you have to be partied? I've never actually tried but I assume cage method can't be too hard

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
You get higher level corpses and a vis mortis, congrats you can now clear all content in the game.

Once I get to shaper I'm gonna start testing solar guards with abyss jewels, I need to run the numbers on whether or not flat damage jewels are better than % increased for solar guards. I want to say yes instinctively but I'm not actually sure considering there aren't that many Spectre multipliers on the tree

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

I guess it's just a little... weird and off putting?... to play a character class that essentially doesn't scale up because it doesn't have to scale up

On the other hand, by the time I get to the point where I have to juggle and fiddle with expensive items to get a better clear/bosskill without sacrificing life/resists I'm usually outright done with the character, so maybe I'm just being weird!

I wonder what other top tier spectres there are. Solar Guards are great, no doubt, but I wonder if there's a better mix of boss clear and map clear out there.

For boss killing, tukohamas vanguards (in act 6 coast) kill bosses like nothing else. Their mapping is "meh" but they melt bosses like they're nothing.

As far as scaling the build, past vis mortis I'd look into jewels. Cast speed jewels are pretty nuts for solar guards and most of the scaling of Spectres is just increasing your defenses because you're way more likely to eat poo poo than your Spectres see.

Cast speed is probably better for mapping I just want to test flat damage for bossing to see if the few increased minion damage nodes coupled with the crazy flat damage amounts on abyss will out dps cast speed jewels

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Please don't sell your biscos, if you chain run maps you'll get more returns out of wearing it than you would from just flat selling it

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Eminai posted:

You have to grind out about 80 exalts before biscos is worth using over selling. That’s not counting whatever efficiency you lose from not having an amulet equipped. Biscos is almost never worth it unless you’re willing to gamble that you can sell it after you’re done grinding.

:pwn:
Where the gently caress is that "80 exalt" number coming from? I feel like I saw it on Reddit off of some really bad dumb math, but wherever it's from is dumb and bad.

Saying biscos is "never worth it" is really god drat dumb and sounds like some poo poo coming from someone who's never used the thing in a reasonable manner. I can tell you personally in legacy league I almost tripled the amount of currency I generated because of the insane quant bonus it gives. Provided you aren't doing something really stupid like running maps with no mobs(strand) or awful layouts (excavation, cells, spider forest to an extent but it's probably worth it with a biscos) you are going to Hoover currency and maps (which you can sell for more currency) like it's nothing.

Mr. Despair posted:

Lol, you have to run a shitload of maps to make biscos worth it, especially when you could be wearing other mf gear for a fraction of the cost.

I feel like the amount of maps you have to run is overstated but yeah, if you're not running a decent number of them you won't see as many immediate returns

As far as "wear other mf gear" nothing comes close to biscos. You'd have to wear multiple pieces like windripper, sadimas and ventors(completely ignoring the part where well rolled ventors are also stupid expensive) to come close to the iir biscos gives, and that's not even counting the iiq, which nothing else in the game touches.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

frajaq posted:

these people are the racers with whole squads of supports right?

It's one part owning an army of fuckboys one part having played the game for multiple years and knowing all of its ins and outs

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

TheRat posted:

I've used it twice and it worked fine both times

I did it last night and after killing the mobs I checked the blood altar and... No map had been generated. So rip my craft

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
pull up, chat

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Awesome! posted:

you can say im being childish all you want but at the end of the day its my money and if i no longer feel good about giving it to ggg i wont do it anymore.

doesn't mean i can't call you a retard for your moronic reasoning, retard

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Duck and Cover posted:

I've never ever heard "we won't change" after being bought before. It's always totally 100% accurate. Does he mean it? Probably. Does it matter?

Yeah dude I'm real sure that now that TC is involved PoE is going to become a p2w cash shop poo poo show, right alongside all of their other Western acquisitions like league of legends, pubg and fortnite

wait a second

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Duck and Cover posted:

Didn't say that but hahaha your examples League of Legends has always been lovely (rune pages still a thing?) and pubg and Fornite aren't old enough to see the slow deterioration that can come with being purchased. I'm saying it'll possibly happen not that it will definitely happen and that "we won't change" is pretty much meaningless boilerplate.

no you didn't say that but you dogwhistled loud enough that it's pretty obvious what you're implying with

Duck and Cover posted:

Does he mean it? Probably. Does it matter?

And also no, rune pages are no longer a thing. Maybe do a google search before making a hand wave statement. PUBG is still young, and Fortnite is just as young, but Tencent has had a 40% stake in Epic since 2013. Unless 5 years of company ownership somehow still isn't long enough for the slow, insipid creep of horrible awful china to ruin a game. In which case, please, point me to the horror stories of Tencent ownership and I'll back off of calling you a retard, even if it's kind of implied every time someone talks to you

panda clue posted:

as long as ggg keeps putting out celestial mtx, i'm gonna keep giving them money

:same:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Duck and Cover posted:

Also one last thing, I never mentioned China, it has nothing to do with Tencent being a Chinese company.

im sure it doesn't and all of the conspiracy theory meltdowns you've had in guild chat are also completely unrelated to each other and the fact that you're both mentally deficient and mentally ill.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2148537

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Does this mean poehud is out the window

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
who the gently caress cares about a swastika on a single tab of the standard stash tab out of like 300 other tabs that no one has probably looked at in years? its like giving a poo poo about someone drawing a swastika in a walmart bathroom stall, who loving cares about what someone put on the wall of some shithole 3 years ago

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

TheRat posted:

I'm sorry for not fixing this at 4am. Do you want me to leave my phone number so you can call me in the middle of the night in case I'm not available to solve extremely urgent standard stash tab problems right away?

well that depends, do you prefer communications via post instead?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Duck and Cover posted:

I feel as though leagues (the mechanics not any improvements that are added as well) are just so samey that I no longer am as excited as I was before. Map (you must map you will map YOU BETTER MAP) enough to gain x so that you can enter y. Sometimes grind y so you can do z! All with a helping heaping of randomness.

are you complaining about grinding in an arpg game

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Duck and Cover posted:

WOW replaced Everquest for a reason.

what the gently caress does this have to do with anything you said or anything we said

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

I wonder if duck and cover has beat Act 7.

he's somehow gotten into maps but no one's ever really been sure how considering the sneaks and peeks we've gotten of his builds over time

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Elentor posted:

I don't know what you're talking about

I'm ready for the melee rework.

ggg enabling our stupid idea is the best and worst thing

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
why not just bind them to numpad 8 and numpad 9 and be done with it

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Rutibex posted:

(PUBG died because Fortenight is more exciting not because of optimization)

The fact that pubg was borderline unplayable on 90% of user systems was exactly why pubg died out. If they had prioritized engine optimization early on I have no doubt in my mind they would still be a dominant force in the BR genre, rather than the Smite to Fortnite and Apex's LoL and DotA 2

Rutibex posted:

The people in charge of the graphics engine most definitely can be working on more exciting stuff than optimization and bug fixes. The Delirium cloud effects for example, or the new clothing physics engine for POE 2. There are priorities to be had everywhere.

A) I highly doubt the people who focus on the graphics engine are physics designers
B) If by making your game more "flashy" or "exciting" is coming at an ever increasing price of performance then somebody in the content development management pipeline has bad priorities, and something needs to be done before they finally find the straw that breaks the camel's back

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Elentor posted:

The bulk of the work goes to the poor unfortunate 3d modelers but sadly it can befall upon the people who work on the graphics engine to do the first pass/implementation.

The good news is that most of it is just solved and it's essentially code you copy and paste.

Huh, I would've thought that there would be specific physics engine folk whose job it was to do this sort of thing rather than have it befall some poor soul in graphics design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

hawowanlawow posted:

in what universe has PUBG "died out?"

it had 427k concurrent players, today

The game at one point had an average online playerbase of 1mil+ for the better part of a year, had well over a year of peak player counts being well above 1mil+ (most of these months were following Fortnite Battle Royale's launch). The game hasn't hard died out but it's player count is dropping at an incredibly consistent rate month by month and has been for 2 years. It's why I think my Smite comparison is apt, because yeah sure it isn't Top Dog of its genre and it still Exists(tm) but it's no longer the titan it was at its launch and is instead going to coast along on it's core playerbase rather than try to make any further splashes into the genre. They know that if the majority of who's left hasn't left by now then they likely never will.