Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I haven't played this game in like a year but want to get in on the amount of game content being doubled, but first I have to know if there's a gem yet that will let me turn into a bear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

whypick1 posted:

With enough :10bux: you can turn any character into a bear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahox_hwHDRo

(There aren't any shape-shifting skills in the game)

what a pity, guess I'll have to be a boring human god of lightning

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

labyrinth loot must be crazy today, I didn't quite match the goon from earlier who got a Mirror drop but I got something like 10 (worthless) uniques and a Tabula Rasa in a single Cruel lab. now I don't know if I should keep this to level new characters or sell it to buy better gear for my primary

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

DemonMage posted:

If you're gonna level a new character now, then use it. If you're not leveling one in the next few days, sell it for upgrades. Tabula's usually get cheaper as the league goes on (often real cheap) and more upgrades means more currency faster. And usually a more fun play experience.

that's kind of what I figured, I sold it in about 5 minutes and am still getting whispers for it so I guess it's a hot item

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

enraged_camel posted:

You know, this isn't aobut POE specifically, but "it's a limitation of the engine" is the lamest loving excuse ever.

it's probably a data type restriction (250 being nearly 255, famous video games number cap) and trying to change something like that when it's embedded in probably a thousand different integrated systems would be a loving nightmare

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

nerox posted:

The thing I am most worried about with that cyclone build is finding enough resist, especially after starting with my facebreaker totems guy who negated the resist penalty with just my skill tree.

I just got to maps yesterday with a very similar build to that one, I took the shorter path to the life wheel which puts you right next to a +all resist node and went a bit out of the way to get the one in the templar passives too, and I've got my resists maxed with some help from decent gear. Could probably respec some of those for more damage/life with more expensive gear, it's not too hard to get there though especially when levelling

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

As usual I wonder how skeleton mages would do against the shaper. Probably can't scale their damage high enough.

skeleton mages usually also run zombies or spectres (or both), with an aura or two and desecrate+offerings you can pull out some crazy single-target damage. I've only leveled my summoner to 50 but bosses usually end up being really easy because you can sit back and let your hasted beeftank zombies beat the hell out of them, mages are more for packs

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

Ooh, they'd be granting each other frenzy charges all day with this, wouldn't they. That sounds spectacularly neat.

Only did an SRS summoner up to 40 in previous league, didn't realize this class of characters was quite so interesting and versatile. Seems like it's difficult to scale them up to maximum power, though, since so many gear stats don't affect them. Is that wrong?

I'm currently doing a gimmick Scion build with the Guardian and Necromancer ascendancy nodes for sharing charges (really good with Victario's Charity) and buffing all my summons with auras, this I think would scale pretty well with decent gear but haven't fully mapped it out in PoB yet. Wrath adds both lightning damage to basic attacks and %increased lightning damage to spells, which benefits mages and other summons at the same time, and will probably add a few more offensive auras once I pick up some reduced reserved mana passives and that amulet that lets you run one at no cost. There's a lot of weird uniques that affect summons in various ways to experiment with too

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

why is argus so drat strong how do i kill this fucker without throwing a decoy totem at him on cooldown, am I missing something

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Ineptitude posted:

My favorite D3 builds are Barbarian with the whirlwind build that spits out a bunch of tornadoes as you go and frozen orb wizard.

it sounds like you should be playing an Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone Slayer, friend

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

at what point could I expect to do non-uber Atziri on a melee character? This is the first character I've gotten to maps and I can reliably do t11 maps if they don't roll a bullshit 2000%+ to crits mod, with about 5k each health and armor

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

terrified of my bathroom posted:

regular atziri is extremely faceroll, it's like a t3 map

oh I figured it'd be some kind of hard, I just didn't want to waste my only set of sacrifice fragments

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

how fast do you kill the bosses in t11s?

if it's like 2-3 seconds then probably now

if you do enough damage you don't even have to learn how her mechanics work

definitely not this much damage. I'm still saving up to 6link my primary skill/get some better rares

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

NofrikinfuN posted:

Who decided that cast when damage taken should look at a flat life total rather than a percentage? I've been leveling mine and realized Immortal Call hasn't been popping lately, turns out I'd need to take roughly 90% of my life in damage to set it off. Is there a sweet spot I should be aiming for to stop leveling?

Also, I kind of wish INT requirements on gems didn't factor attributes from gear. I overlooked that at leveled my Blasphemy supports and now I will need to start over if I change any gear.

How do I materia?!

getting a bunch of int on a rare belt/ring you only have to cap resists is really cheap, though it depends on your tree if this is worth the trouble

I stopped leveling CWDT and links after it got to about half my health, but you could probably just not level it at all since immortal call barely gets anything from levels (like a tenth of a second or something?)

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

cinci zoo sniper posted:

And then it's always like this reddit guy:

I somehow rolled something like 2200% increased critical for monsters when I vaaled some red map and got one-shot by basically every mob there. it was real fun

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

4. how do new players know what's unique and OP. "chaos damage doesn't penetrate energy shield" sounds really dumb/useless to new players

I just check prices, anything that sells for less than a chaos is generally not good

beyond that look at lots of builds and see what people are synergizing with

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

J posted:

Yesterday mathil said he was making "something with cospri's malice that's probably going to suck" and all the flippers went to work.

edit:

The site that's from is http://poe.ninja/

god drat it i just sold one of these a week ago for 18c :argh:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I want to finally try a totems build this league but haven't seen anything from the new patch except the new skill gems, is there a fun starter build for that or should I do something cheaper

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I still don't get how they're planning on doing a map tab when the tab I have for maps has all of them at different rarities and qualities and so on, I figured that would keep them from stacking

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

you can play the main game easily enough without spending anything (as I did for years) but getting deep into maps without a premium stash tab for easy trading and a currency tab for ctrl-clicking all your loot into a box is miserable, as I realized when I bothered to get to maps for the first time last league. It's a quality of life thing but it's a pretty big one and I probably wouldn't have played to endgame before those tabs existed either

that said it's a pretty small price for the amount of time I've put into this game and by the time you need any of the extra tabs you should know if it's worth the price to you

the bitcoin of weed fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Dec 13, 2017

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Witch has a bunch of easy lightning builds, you can go arc for classic chain lightning action or something like ball lightning or storm call to be more involved. Check poebuilds.cc for popular build guides with these skills, watch the videos in the threads and do whatever looks fun

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

RosaParksOfDip posted:

What do you even do with that? Phys to lightning BV or something?

You could probably set up a pretty effective elemental spectral throw build with it

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I'm thinking of running an Ngamahu flicker strike slayer this league, has anyone tried this because it seems like it would be hilarious and also instantly crash my computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

George posted:

Roll a dope-rear end spell totem alt to run reflect maps.

I've got to 75 on my glacial cascade totems character and reflect maps are cake since the totems eat the reflect damage instead of you

you do have to recast them a lot though