Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Okay I'm here looking for some advice for my Stormcall/Shock Nova elementalist. It's level 74 but has real big trouble surviving even T2-3 maps.

I capped my resists, of course. I would like to know if my passive tree is good and what sort of gear to invest in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Soothing Vapors posted:

Hard to say without seeing your gear and your gem setups. Your profile is set to private. Your life is at 157% right now, which is a little low but not dramatically low. Do you have T1-T2 life on every rare? % life doesn't do much for you without big chunks of flat life on gear.

Generic things that boost survivability: defensive flasks, bubbling potions, blasphemied temp chains, CWDT immortal call, stone golem, decoy totem, the Scion life wheel

sorry. does this work?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/danceofficer

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

What's up goons, I'm looking for some upgrade advice for my Tornado shot raider. It's starting to have trouble on t8-10 maps. I have about 80c to spend.

Oh and a question as well, my VP life leech doesn't really hold up on bosses and higher tier mobs. I've already got some leech nodes, any ideas on how to boost it?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/danceofficer/characters

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 5, 2017

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

So I'm once again looking for upgrades for my tornado shot raider. I've got 120c to throw around. I'd like suggestions.

Swapping to Bisco's left me really deprived of int and str, and I had to take nodes to alleviate the problem. If it's possible I'd like an equipment based solution to this.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Don't listen to the voice telling you to vaal it. Only vaal things if you're stupid and bored.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Ineptitude posted:

My Frostbolt totem hierophant is level 40 now. I have 2 Frozen Trail jewels so i get 5 frostbolts per cast and i can cast 2 totems. It looks like i need 4 ascendancy points to be able to cast 4, which requires around level 60? (realistic level, not bare minimum, as i am on HC and its my only character)

My ability to kill enemies tapered off drastically when i got to Act 4 so i need to upgrade my poo poo but im not really sure where to start. One of my favorite features of D3 was how you would constantly get (minor) upgrades to your gear in an almost guaranteed fashion. Perfect for players like me who don't have a lot of time to grind. (It was also a bit sterile and removed any possibility of ever finding that "one perfect drop")

So far in PoE i have barely found any good items at all, all the items i wear are either uniques from .trade or rares from quest rewards.

Reading the description of all the various orbs i have found it looks like i am supposed to do something like:
-find the appropriate base item
-orb it until it has the correct # of sockets
-orb sockets until they have the correct amount of links
-orb it until the sockets have the correct colors
-turn it into a rare with an orb
-reroll the rare until it has good affixes
(probably in a different order than that)

Am i mistaken in thinking that this will take a huge amount of time for every item? And a huge amount of luck. I could potentially use all my currency and end up no closer to my goal.

Am i better off focusing on items with a couple of sockets but good affixes and get them from .trade for the time being?

Yes spending this much time and orbs on pre-maps gear is pointless. If you're not ssf go raid gstash or shop/ask around for uniques that fit your build. The rule of thumb pre-maps is to grab the highest level items you can wear. Great mods are a secondary concern, anything more than 4 links tertiary. Also, if your damage is lacking, take a look at your gem setup.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

What's up goons. I feel like I hit a wall with my tornado shot/barrage crit ele conversion raider. I'm running around with 4k life and t9-10 bosses are starting to be capable of one shotting me, or outdamaging my leech. I would like to do Atziri and Shaper for the first time, but is this build really viable for that?

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Goa Tse-tung posted:

honestly it seems you need better gear, ele barrage is insanely good for boss killing

post your character is what im saying :D

cinci zoo sniper posted:

That build sounds good, but you need to fix some poo poo on tree or gear, can't tell more without seeing.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

I just used Currency Cop and I'm apparently worth 645c. Gonna see about converting that into a 6L Lioneye's glare or something.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It turns out a dude named VA_Harbinger apparently owns almost all of the 350+ DPS 6L Lioneye's Glares r/n

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Hey goons I am a stupid fucker. I would like to make a CI character with a chaos damage skill that's focused around bossing. So far I've figured Death's Oath might be a good armor, and to grab every ES node ever. Any suggestions?

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Goa Tse-tung posted:

bad idea, your chest is usually your biggest ES source (for CI) and Death's Oath sucks in that regard

"CI" and "focussed around bossing" and "chaos" probably means you're gonna have to go Coccultist DP unless you have lots money to throw at a fancy Trickster/Occultist ED build

Okay, no Death's Oath. I just worked out a build and would like ideas on things to improve and how expensive it will be.

https://pastebin.com/ph4r5TdE

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Sep 14, 2017

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

In my quest to make another build I made a lowlife stormcall occultist. Can I get some feedback on the tree, flasks to use, recommended equips and the gem setups?

https://pastebin.com/kH2E78MK

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

You can do normal lab just fine with those numbers.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Ratios and Tendency posted:

My 4 free tabs are full of armourer scraps please somebody help.

convert them into another currency

edit: or better yet, buy a currency tab in the sale

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Sep 22, 2017

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Terrific Accident posted:

Eh, I think winging it at first is a great way to learn the game before you get mired in all the min/maxing kind of stuff. I probably just feel that way because that's how I did it, but it was fun to learn things on my own instead of digging through wikis and only playing builds that were popular. Now that I've become more interested in doing well in the game and attempting endgame, I've migrated more to playing good builds and looking things up.

A lovely build is really frustrating/difficult to get through A10, let alone even low tier maps. Going into poe blind is essentially banging your head against the wall until you figure out how everything works.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

I'm trying to price these boots, but poe.trade isn't much help. Anyone have an idea how to price these?

Rarity: Rare
Soul Dash
Sorcerer Boots
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Energy Shield: 164 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 67
Int: 123 (unmet)
--------
Sockets: R-R-R-B
--------
Item Level: 72
--------
+10 to Intelligence
5.7 Life Regenerated per second
78% increased Energy Shield
+34 to maximum Energy Shield
+22% to Fire Resistance
30% increased Movement Speed
--------

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

I'm also looking for ideas on what to upgrade next on my ele conversion tornado shot/barrage raider. I have 250c to burn at the moment.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Ciaphas posted:

i just six linked two nearly perfect terminus est's in less than 300 fusings how in the actual gently caress. I didn't even want 6l, I wanted 5l+1 :stare:

Give one of them to me

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Hi, I'm gonna get back into PoE. Can I get an invite? ign is dancerpewpew.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Whats up crowd, I need some upgrade advice. Hiero totems guy, currently fp, I feel like my totems aren't really doing enough single target deeps. There's also the issue I feel quite squishy and rip more often than I'd like to.

The character is DancerTheze. I have about 60c in funds.

I'm also thinking of getting orb of storms, and linking it to a curse. Any opinions on this? Will it even work with ancestral bond?

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Hello everyone, I'm back again looking for advice on upgrades.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/danceofficer/characters/DancerTheze

I'd like advice on defensive upgrades, I'm on red maps now and it's getting pretty rippy. In terms of dee pee es I'm still doing ok. Budget is about 200c right now, if some sales go through it'll be about 300c.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

KoldPT posted:

Link an Increased Duration to your Immortal Call

Do Uber Lab asap to get your extra 10% "life taken from mana" node

Is there any reason you're not going for Ancestral Bond?

You're wasting a ton of gem slots on skills you aren't using, you can level those in the alternate weapon slots. I'd look into getting a Molten Shell - CWDT - Golem setup on your main hand, for example. that'd help you survive longer.

There's no need for AB. I have 4 totems through hiero and armor, and points are better spent somewhere else.

As for the gem slots, I simply don't/didn't need them, so I loaded them up with other crap to level up and sell.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/danceofficer/characters/DancerTheze

Hey, I'm back again looking for upgrade advice. I'm looking to replace my shield with something a bit more fancy schmancy, like a rare shield, or a good stat stick. CurrencyCop estimates I have a budget of give or take 300c. My toon is a hiero with crit frostbolt totems, soul mantle+double kikazaru+self frag.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Dance Officer posted:

Hey, I'm back again looking for upgrade advice. I'm looking to replace my shield with something a bit more fancy schmancy, like a rare shield, or a good stat stick. CurrencyCop estimates I have a budget of give or take 300c. My toon is a hiero with crit frostbolt totems, soul mantle+double kikazaru+self frag.

So this didn't get any replies, I'm hoping it does now. If not I guess I'll just gently caress off.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

dyzzy posted:

How important is proj speed to you? A rare amulet wity better damage stats is probably where I'd start, but I know little about how soul mantle heiro handles.

Dunno how much spell damage belts are going for but that is a slot that could be doing more for you

Also see if your frostbolt gem goes to 21 when you vaal it. If not, buy one.

Or a stat stick. Up to you. You say you want to upgrade but what feels lacking to you? Are you struggling to deal single target damage? Low durability?

tbh I am struggling with survivability and dps against bosses, but as far as I know the build itself is kinda bad at bossing.

The big concern right now is that I can't reliably place one totem to deal with a mob and move on, which reduces my clear speed.

edit: actually, I want to clear as much of the atlas as I can with the hiero, then switch to a build that works well vs bosses.

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 29, 2018

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

So I've been trying to run uberlab today, but PoE has now crashed twice on entering the darkshrine in room 12. I get an exception message about an item or something, and when I click that away, the exception messages just keep coming. Is there any way to fix this in settings or am I just SOL?

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

So I decided to sell my yellow and lower tier red maps, and as soon as I had dumped them all into my stash tab all hell broke loose and for about 30 minutes I could not keep up with the trade requests. Madness.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

West007 posted:

What does this even mean? Is this new thing under bestiary? If I make a new character, do I keep masters / atlas or does it start from scratch? I wanted to complete 36 challenges in bestiary which I would be happy to finish before the ned of the league given my play time. I wouldnt mind some cool stuff but its not worth it at all to me to start from scratch.

You keep all of your masters, achievements, the Atlas, your inventory etc.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

So asking once again for upgrade ideas. I tried shaper and died, then tried uber atziri and died, and I'm blaming my gear even though I should probably blame my poor play.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/danceofficer/characters/swingingjugg

Character is run of the mill RF jugg. The big glaring problem right now is the complete lack of chaos res.

Oh and budget is 12ex.

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 28, 2018

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

TheRat posted:

Your gear is plenty good enough to kill shaper so you pretty much just have to practice the mechanics of the fight. Uber atziri could be more tricky but should be doable with practice.

E: Biggest upgrade you can get is probably a xoph's heart (NOT BLOOD), which is around 4.5 ex.
E2: For shaper specifically I would swap blood of the karui + ruby flask for Forbidden taste + Aquamarine flask
E3: You also want to run purity of ice for elder and shaper, most of their huge nukes are cold based. After that see if you can fit in aspect of the spider for a fairly significant defensive and offensive buff.
I have a xoph's, and I walk around with it in my inventory, but I only break it out for bosses and tough maps.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

The internet is a mistake

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

T Bowl posted:

Eh I was already mixing offense and hp/dodge stuff so that wasn't me.

Regardless of your investment in evasion, I strongly recommend getting at least +200% max life from the passive tree, if you have plans to take the character into postgame. I also prefer going for life nodes and pathing to keystones I want to use before investing into damage nodes.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Vasudus posted:

Oh right yeah, I forgot about the whole not doing anything but fire part. Eh.

How about stacking skelly life and limit, and just focusing on the corpse explosion part in general?

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

nerox posted:

Is there a good arc trap starter? Maybe I was looking in the wrong place on the poe forums, but I couldn't find one.

A bunch of them got posted over the last few pages

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Help I still haven't decided between ED trickster and eleclaw inquisitor.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Mentat Radnor posted:

ED trickster is easymode and you can cruise to maps wearing any junk you find.

Starting a league as a Templar crit attacker . . . getting enough accuracy and dex will be a constant struggle, I would level with some generic spell for at least the first 5 acts or so and then switch over once you've gotten further towards the relevant attack/dex/accu nodes on the tree.

Can't I use Ornament of the East?

Also, pastebin of the build: https://pastebin.com/KXDbaTZi

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Mentat Radnor posted:

Yeah that's a great accuracy solution, I was mostly talking about the real early game (like acts 1-6) being rough for a melee Templar. Also those claws typically go for 5c+ the first couple days of a league IIRC, so there's a good chance of not being able to afford one right when you hit level 46.

If I spec for accuracy and respec when I get Ornament, wouldn't that also solve the problem?

Also, curious now, how is early game hard for melee templars? no good skills to use?

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

I just got through story mode and I'm looking to upgrade my equips and gems to get me to mapping, and would like some opinions. Character is ED trickster.

character link: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/danceofficer/characters

-I'm thinking of going Tabula for chest, or 5L cloak of defiance
-obviously need to grab a shield for shield charge
-thinking of getting a cheap +1 curse ammy/item to run dual curse despair/enfeeble
-max resists, obviously
-and I'm looking for ideas for a cheap weapon.
-get second blight jewel and clear mind

I got a lucky ex drop, so budget is about 65c.

edit: oh yeah and I'm obviously getting allelopathy gloves.

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jun 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Scags posted:

Are there any viable ranged attack totem builds? I was thinking about trying something with Scion and taking Heiro/deadeye ascendancies and having 3 totems all shooting out Burning Arrows (or something. Doesn't matter to me what skill.) I love the idea of turrets. I'm currently doing an arc totem heiro and it is really fun, but something about totems firing arrows is very appealing to me.

Tornado shot probably works. But for totems you should probably go full hiero. The more totems you get, the more damage after all.