Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I decided to start playing this game yesterday on a whim. Wow I've been missing out, this is a great Diablo 2 clone. And not just vanilla Diablo 2, modded D2. Path of Exiles weird fiddly crafiing and socketables remind my of Zy-El mod for Diablo 2 (which is a good thing!). I really like the currency system. Its really thematic to use townportal and ID scrolls as currency, after all what use is gold on this hell island of exiles? But I love that they have turned the vendors into the Horadric Cube, thats just clever game design.

I decided to make a Witch as my first character. I don't know anything about "builds" or whatever so I am just winging it. I am making kind of a Hybrid Sorceress/Necromancer that does fireballs and summons lots of minions. I've mostly been taking the nodes that give me +damage with spells or minions, I figure those are pretty solid choices going forward. Though I don't really have any kind of plan as to where I should go on this skill tree! I assume I will hit a brick wall at some point when my sub-optimum build fall apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

queeb posted:

there's a node on the left side of the tree called spiritual aid that makes minion damage increases also increase your damage, which is a pro pick.

Zero VGS posted:

Good news, Witch is overpowered and hard to gently caress up and you'll get a pile of respec points going through the story.

There's a passive "Spiritual Aid" that makes minion damage increases apply to you as well, you might look in to that if you like spells.

Oh nice, this is pro advice! Now I have something to shoot towards.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I have got to say this skill Materia system is really cool. I found a skill that summons flaming skull minions that fly towards enemies and swarm them. The skulls don't last very long but the limit for how many I can summon is like 20 so they are pretty devastating if I spam them (which I do). But best of all I was able to combine the skull summoning skill with another skill the summons ghosts whenever the skulls kill something! So I can summon skulls and the skulls summons ghosts and suddenly I have a gently caress load of minions! :v: This game is awesome!

I think I'm going to be playing this for a while so I was thinking about buying some stash tabs. I see they are on sale right now, how long is the sale going to last for and is it a good deal? It would make sense to pick it up now if its on sale. I've already got my monies worth out of this game (nothing lol) I can cough up a few bucks for some fancy stash tabs. Which of the gimmick tabs is most useful?

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jan 13, 2020

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Grimoire posted:

I've got good news and bad news:

the bad news: minions and self cast generally don't work together 50/50 damage wise, especially not undead minions

Yeah I have been starting to figure this out. I've beaten Act 1 and I have found there are a lot of undead minion skills, to the point where I am focusing on them 100%. Those flaming skulls are my primary attack now. The skill points I put into casting damage are entirely wasted, I'm only level 17 and I already messed up my build :v:

Qwertycoatl posted:

I've not seen your skill tree, but I know you haven't been taking enough life nodes. Take more life nodes.

I have not taken any life nodes. Haven't really needed to, everything melts instantly against my Skull Army :black101: I really enjoy this Tane boss summoning guy. It always takes a few seconds to summon the boss, long enough for me to summon 10+ skulls that kill it instantly. Thanks Mr. Tane for the loot pinatas every screen!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
What happens to your stash when a league ends? I know your characters transfer over, but the stash has a limited amount of space. Also how long is the current Metamorph league going to last?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Filthy Monkey posted:

Play long enough, and your standard stash will just look like this. I have pages and pages of remove only tabs from the past however many leagues. It isn't like I play standard or care about cleaning them.

:hmmyes:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Wilekat posted:

I kinda hope they bring back synthesis implicit crafting in a more condensed form. I find crafting stuff pretty fun, so goofing around trying for cool implicits would scratch an itch.

Just don't do it like before because it sucked.

What happens to the league features at the end of the league? I was looking over some past leagues and the features seem to get implemented into the base game? I'm enjoying this Tane guy, I'd like him to stick around. I like hunting down all of the organ monsters, makes me focus on clearing an area rather than running through as fast as possible. And it seems like such a waste of assets to just throw him out.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

No Safe Word posted:

Varies from league to league, but if the mechanics are popular they'll usually keep them in some way. Synthesis is the only recent league where the core mechanic (crafting new implicits onto things) wasn't brought over, though you can still get Synthesis uniques via random Zana quests to explore Synthesis maps but that's about it. Every other recent league (past year and a half) has been kept pretty much intact.

Ah that makes sense. So the leagues work as a test for new core features, and good ones graduate into the base game. Thats a good way to keep people hype about new features.

ConfusedPig posted:

Pretty much every league mechanic has been retained in some form until now, synthesis was the exception since it was pretty unpopular, only thing that was retained were the uniques introduced and the special maps needed to obtain them. Metamorphs are a popular mechanic since they’re juicy loot piñatas, so it will probably stay in the form of a 10% chance for Tane to appear in a map, similar to other recent league mechanics.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

We won't know until GGG makes an announcement near league end, but generally league features get ported into the base game unless they're bad (Synthesis). If they do decide to keep Tane, my guess is he'll either get turned into a master like Einhar, or it'll be like Cassia where he has a 10% chance to show up in every map.

I can live with 10% chance per map. I guess its makes sense they would make the new features more subtle when they implement them permanently. Tane popping up in every map makes sense in a themed league but its a bit much for the base game.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Why was the content from Synthesis League scraped? It looks rather involved to develop, it must have been really unpopular if they just got rid of it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

whypick1 posted:

Synthesis was so poorly received the lead developer issued a an apology about it.

Haha this is amazing. Synthesis League must have been bad. :v:

Chris posted:

we fully acknowledge that it is not our best league and is not up to the quality standards that Path of Exile players should expect from us. It will not be merged into the core game in 3.7.0. Maybe we can do something with it in the future, but we have no current plans.

I'm sure with a bit of spit an polish it could be reworked into something good. I watched a GDC talk "Designing Path of Exile to Be Played Forever" where a Chris Wilson talks about PoE development philosophy. They like to have a lot of assets in their back pocket and reuse things in clever ways. I'm sure it will come back, but good.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Woot I found my first Unique worth wearing! :haw:

I mostly like it for the 20% magic-find but 10% movement speed in a helmet is something that I assume can't normally happen and I'll certainly take that too! The lightning resistance is just icing, but the accuracy rating is entirely wasted on my undead army. Ah well, its worth it for the movement speed and magic-find alone.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

whydirt posted:

PoE should just go turned-based like the internal first draft design for Diablo 1.

Rogue-like League with new turn-based dungeons and ASCII character monsters

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So this wand just dropped from Tane and I think it might be like the best thing ever for my necromancer Witch? Do these bonuses apply to my minions? This wand is listed under good stuff to have for Summon Raging Spirits so I assume it does? Its not clear what bonuses apply to my minions.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Arrhythmia posted:

They do not apply to your minions.

whypick1 posted:

Uniques in this game generally fall under 4 categories:

1. God-tier, valuable no matter what (ex. Headhunter)
2. Has a niche, valuable with good rolls (ex. Facebreaker)
3. Good for leveling and that's about it (ex. Wanderlust)
4. Trash (ex. Veil of the Night)

Most uniques would be in the latter two categories, especially if you're still in the campaign (quite a few in the first category only drop from specific bosses). That helmet you found would be in the 3rd, that wand is in the 4th. Getting an item filter can help you sort that out. That being said, I still pick up all uniques if possible, if only because they vendor for more than other items.

As for what mods apply to minions: does it specifically say "minion"? If not, then no.
:(
Aww I wasted two orbs linking the slots and everything. I'm still going to use it, the wand I was using before didn't have any useful modifiers I was just using it for 3 linked slots anyway. :shrug:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I wish Tane would let me sell him items when he pops up in the field. Come on man you know I'm just going to sell you this poo poo when we get back to town, would be that hard to carry a few currency in your pocket and save me the trip?

Also, I'm about 1/2 way through act 4 and I am beginning to fear that Deckard Cain is not going up to show up and start identifying my items. Am I going to be clicking on these scrolls forever? :ohdear:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

whypick1 posted:

Pick up whetstones, vendor for 4 scrolls a pop.

I'm not running out of scrolls. Its just tedious to keep clicking on them. I'd gladly pay for an "identify-all"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You get more value out of identified items when you sell them, so I identify all of them.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Traxis posted:

Vendoring items for alt shards is a massive waste of time

:ohdear:
I can't just leave rares on the ground!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I just beat Lavos in Act 4, and I think it might be time for me to start taking some life nodes :v: I've been getting lazy since I can avoid a lot of hits, but now whenever I get hit by anything it takes 75%+ of my life.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jazerus posted:

the beast itself is pretty lavos-esque. mix 1 worldstone and 1 lavos together and you've got a beast

Yeah the whole final sequence of Act 4 reminded me of the final part of Chrono Trigger. A lot of the background lore in PoE kind of reminded me of CT actually. I assume Act 4 was where the game originally ended? The Beast feels like an end boss:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sRU8yrcEu8

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I spend 4 acts fighting hordes of undead/solider/elder horrors to claw my way back to Oriath. Once i step through the shoddy portal I end up in a slave pit and have to fight my way out. Who greets me at the end the the slave pits? Tane you fucker! If you can teleport all the way to Oriath why didn't you give me a ride?! I thought we were bros, I gave you so many organs :argh:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Omi no Kami posted:

This is probably a dumb question, but is it still possible to play older expansions? I read something about Betrayal, which apparently remixes stuff like a detective story and sounds rad as hell, but since the writeup was from 2018 I'm assuming it already got washed away by newer events.

A lot of the older content from past leagues gets rolled into the base game. As far as I can tell the "Immortal Syndicate" is now part of the base game:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Immortal_Syndicate

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I finally found a piece of armor with 5 sockets in it! I tried to link them all and now I don't have any Orb of Fusing left. That was my whole supply and nothing!
:negative:
Gambling is a sin

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I guess I am going to have to starting trading and paying attention to these extra optional things that keep getting added to town. I've mostly been ignoring the side stuff and pressing on into the main story. I haven't even really upgraded my gear in a few acts, once I had a few 4-links I just ignored further upgrades. I have a pile of unused currency waiting for a purpose. I've just kept pressing on an picking more Minion Damage+ passives when I level up. But Act 6 is starting to kick my rear end, I've died a few times in the opening area when I normally breeze through everything. I guess the resistance penalty is getting to me.

I need to craft some good equipment or something. Time to read some wikis :v:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lechtansi posted:

Most builds* can cruise through the story on a four link, so if you are dying you should get res and life.

*this is true if you know what you are doing or are following someone else build. If you are new to the game and not following a build, you won’t get very far.

I went back to my hideout and did some crafting which got my resists back up to 75% each, then as luck would have it this dropped not 20 min later

I'm not dying any more! I guess its back to taking +minion damage :v:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

poemdexter posted:

I'm also an incredibly new player to PoE and using summons. I played solo self found until I got to endgame. The zombies and skeletons should be able to carry you through the entire game without needing any special gear or crafting. Honestly, just toss on anything that has the sockets you want, maybe reroll the colors as needed, and truck on. The most important thing is try to keep your resists maxed and your HP high as much as you can. There's some gems that give you specific elemental resists so maybe use those for a bit to supplement. It's kinda pointless to throw all your crafting materials and currency in low level stuff because it'll get replaced really quickly by a new find especially since levels come fast. I picked up just a few minion dmg passives on my journey to end game and they were definitely enough to carry me. Also don't think just because you're a "necromancer", you need to have high INT stat. Strength is gonna be your bread and butter forever. I think right now I'm around 200 int, 150 dex, and 900+ str. I've noticed that gear is plentiful and honestly, I could have stayed solo self found the whole time since I've ended up getting drops that were part of a build guide I'm following. No better feeling spending 80 choas orbs on an amulet only to turn around and have it drop the next day.

I also sorta deviated from the build guide since I found a one hander that halves my amount of zombies but turns them into gods. I very rarely summon skeletons now. I do recommend maybe peaking at a few build guides for summons just to see what gems they use. You'll definitely miss out on some nice gem combinations or other skills (golems, auras) that are obviously amazing. There's a billion skill gems and then all the Vaal ones and now apparently there's Awakened ones too (haven't seen one yet) so it's easy to overlook in the merchants. I think one of the merchants in Act 2 or Act 3 sells every gems possible except for the drop only ones but I can't remember who it was. There's another in Act 6 later.

Yeah, once I sorted out my resistances I was able to keep trucking on easily. I've mostly just been trying to make as many minions as possible. I've got Zombies, Skeletons, Phantasms, Raging Spirits, a Spectre, a Holy Relic, and a Carrion Golem. They can mostly kill anything in a second or two, except these newer act bosses that have long stretches of invulnerability frames. Their boss design philosophy must have changed at some point (not that I'm complaining, its an actual challenge unlike the earlier bosses that just get surrounded and die instantly)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

pork never goes bad posted:

Hopefully d4 is bad and in reaction poe gets more players (and revenue) and GGG keep making the best arpg ever better.

Modern Blizzard can not resist monetizing the loot system in D4. This will be poision to the games balance and feel and will make it inferior to PoE no matter what else they add. Blizzard is simply far too greedy to do cosmitcs only.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 24, 2020

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Woot! I have finally beaten act 10 and unlocked the Map Device! This game really has an exhausting amount of content, I have been playing this game for weeks but I now only feel like I have completed the tutorial :v: I hope they put the stash tabs on sale again soon, I plan on buying a bunch of them. GGG has sold me on this game, I really appreciate their business model. Especially considering they will carry over in the new PoE 2 acts.

I have reached level 74, and I did not have much difficulty beating the 10 acts with the build I cobbled together. I would hopefully like to take it as far as I can go for the rest of this league, I assume as far as high-tier content goes its pretty much infinite with these maps and Delve and the other things. I wonder if anyone could give me any pointers to use my respec points for a better character? Or items that I should shoot for? I still have most of my respec points. I didn't know about "The Baron" helmet when I started this game so I wasn't able to make a strength based build. This might limit my potential, but I donno, there is still a lot I have to learn about all the other skills in the game.

https://pastebin.com/dnZ0rjxX

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zero VGS posted:

Make sure you buy a premium tab first, without that you don't have an easy way to sell stuff. It's probably the most "pay to win" tab along with Maps tab, followed by Currency. Not having the first two is a real poo poo show though.

I'm honestly thinking about getting a big pile of premium tabs. The trading in economy in PoE seems really interesting to me. Though its kind of odd that they have an API to list items for sale, but haven't taken the step to allow the trade to be automatic. Why do I have to manually trade with people in-game? That must be a deliberate design decision. It would be much easier if they had a system like EVE online contracts so I can list an item and anyone can just buy it if they have the currency, I shouldn't need to be online.

But I kind of find it interesting. The way it looks to me you can make money easily by just trading between bulk currencies and providing other market services. It would be a very interesting market in the first few day of a league.

whypick1 posted:

Few issues I notice right off the bat:

1. Your life from the tree is low. You want to aim for 150% minimum, probably closer to 200% since you don't have much in the way of recovery (life gain on hit, leech, regen).
2. You've got zombies and skeletons and Holy Relic and Carrion Golem and Spectres and Raging Spirits and...yeah, that's too much. A solid setup would be Zombies, Skeletons and either Carrion Golem or Spectres. Use Zombies to take care of trash, Skeletons for tough stuff (pro-tip: get Vaal Summon Skeletons, gives you a "gently caress You!" button for bosses), Carrion or Spectre to buff up the other minions.
3. You don't have Feeding Frenzy linked to any of them. Get on that, watch them act like meth'd out murder machines.
4. You haven't completed Merciless Lab yet. For your last two points, you'll probably want to go Mistress of Sacrifice then Unnatural Strength in Uber Lab. While US will make your pets murder that much faster, MoS will keep you alive by letting you cast Spirit Offering on yourself for extra ES while giving your minions >20% more damage.
5. While your stuff probably kills fast, you're probably very very slow. You have no movement skills whatsoever and not even 20% movement speed. For skill, get a setup of Shield Charge (keep at level 1), Fortify (same) and Faster Attacks (level up as much as possible). This lets you move around faster, and when you hit something gives you Fortify, which gives you 20% damage reduction to hits.
6. Combining 4 and 5, there is a mod you can craft onto a weapon "Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill". Put that onto a 1H weapon, socket in Convocation, Spirit Offering and <curse>. Convocation will keep your pets with you, Spirit Offering I went over, and then a curse for debuffing enemies. Options include Vulnerability (your minions hit harder), Enfeeble (enemies don't hit as hard), Temporal Chains (enemies move slower).
7. Replace the jewels you have with some Ghastly Jewels with a "Minions have % chance to taunt on hit" and "Minions have % chance to blind on hit" (like these). With how many minions you have, pretty much guarantees that anything that lives long enough to maybe become a problem will be blinded (reduces accuracy by roughly half) and taunted (draws aggro away from you).
8. Flask setup could use some work. Ideally you'll want an an Eternal Life Flask with Staunching and either instant recovery or instant recovery on low life, then 4 utility flasks for removing debuffs or going faster. Quicksilver of Adrenaline is good. Consider Basalt (phys damage reduction), Granite (increased armor) or Quartz (Phasing + 10% chance to dodge spells and attacks) flasks with mods to remove chill/freeze, curses, poison and burning (in that order of importance).
9. You don't have any auras. You're (hopefully) not going to be spending much time casting spells, so put that mana to good use. One that will greatly bump up your pets' DPS is Hatred linked with Generosity. Generosity increases the effect of the aura at the expense of if not affecting you, which doesn't matter since you're not the one dealing damage. Other options would be Discipline or Haste (consider getting Vaal options for both).

Awesome thanks! This is exactly the kind of advice I'm looking for. Number 5 feels like a very :doh: moment. I knew there were teleporting skills but I never got around to looking into them. I have basically been abusing an enchanted flask I crafted in Act 4 to give myself +65% move speed. But when the flask runs out it's painful!

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 26, 2020

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

frajaq posted:

nice balance blizzard

:ohdear:
Does this mean they are going to nerf Necromancers in the next league?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

McFrugal posted:

They're definitely going to do something about cwc-spirit offering. Maybe give it a cooldown? Or remove that functionality from Mistress of Sacrifice entirely? Or make Offerings incompatible with CWC and unable to be triggered, similar to warcries... that's probably the best solution.
Skeletons also do way too much dps, obviously. They'll probably reduce skeleton base damage while keeping the 150% damage effectiveness, since the latter requires investment in auras.

:eyepop:
Ok I think I did not understand just how useful Mistress of Sacrifice was until now. I am using Blood Offering from the unique chest plate "Bloodbond". If I have Mistress of Sacrifice will it give me the same massive life regeneration it gives my minions?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Yeah, I tried giving flesh offering a go in T16 maps but I was losing level 32 zombies to white packs, if I'd nerf the necro playstyle I'd change:

• Base damage of minions lowered.
  • More minion damage passives in the tree to compensate so necros can't spend 90% of their points on defense while melting content.
  • Base defense of minions raised, spirit offering gives a little more offense a little less defense.

I honestly don't see why Necromancers need to be nerfed at all. PoE is mostly a single player experience, its not a fighting game or an MMO with a strict economy. Its not like they need to maintain a strict balance of class selections to make the PvP fair or whatever. If people like playing Necromancers than thats fine, no harm no foul. It may not even be a matter of statistical superiority, lots of people might just prefer the style of gameplay with minions vs direct damaging attacks.

I personally think they should just leave it alone, and maybe boost up the lower tier classes to make them more fun. Nerfing necromancers would only serve to piss off a good chunk of players, in order to accomplish really nebulous goals. Honestly with a game like PoE its better for the classes to be unbalanced. Its not like every class in Nethack is equal, some are harder than others and that's another fun challenge!

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jan 27, 2020

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jazerus posted:

big brain: nerf necromancers so other ascendancies can be popular
galaxy brain: add minion nodes to every ascendancy

:hmmyes:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vasudus posted:

Certainly not one that trivializes a lot of endgame content in ways that other builds cannot.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to farm for six and a half hours to obtain one piece of gear for the only viable build in the game because the developers build around the current power level of players.

It sounds to me that you want to be able to do the end game content with a greater variety of builds. Nerfing the necromancer doesn't accomplish that, boosting up other classes does.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Traitorous Leopard posted:

The problem with actually gutting Necro next time around is that very few builds feel “good” in the current endgame without absurd investment. Some archetypes can’t even build a reasonable amount of defenses with unlimited money. The game would be much better off if more regions of the tree were brought up closer to Necro’s effectiveness.

This is my thinking as well. Lots of people are clearly satisfied with the way the Necromancer plays. This should be used as a gauge for how powerful classes should be in general. Every class should be end-game viable and fun to get there.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So uh, if I try to run this map am I going to die horrifically?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
How do I make Niko give me more missions? I can't get enough delving.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tenzarin posted:

I was feeling randy so I took all 19 ex I wasn't gonna use this season and converted my necro over to the baron setup. While keeping my femur of the saints, kaom's heart, and maxing all resists including chaos.

It has shown me that necromancer and minions are not overpowered. What is overpowered is The Baron allowing me to heal 3x my hp every second from zombie leech.

I also bet awakening 8 sirus deathless for the first time. And I knocked out 24 challenges.

Yeah nerfing The Baron seems like the obvious choice, literally every necromancer build I saw includes it. I've been playing a Necromancer without any Baron helmet (because I had no idea it existed when I started) and I really don't feel over powered. Yeah my minions can chew through stuff, but I'm basically a glass canon and have to pay close attention or I will be quickly killed. Some of these mapping bosses can kill me in less than a second.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Clocks posted:

I hope future leagues continue with dropping a decent amount of currency so everyone feels like they can aim for pricier items or try multiple builds.

Dropping lots of currency won't help people buy pricier items. If there is more wealth around the prices will just go up. The real winner is Tane and his ability to choose what the metamorph drops, like uniques. More unique drops = lower prices.

If GGG are smart they are paying very close attention to what rewards people choose from Tane, and adjusting the loot tables accordingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ConfusedPig posted:

More currency drops also makes it easier to craft stuff so there would be in theory a higher supply of good rares, helping keeping the prices down.

Ah yeah that's true. The Path of Exile economy is weird, its as if US dollars could be used to directly transform a loaf of bread into a steak.