Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Qwertycoatl posted:

Vagan's super quick unless you get dummies. Tora's fine if you get her at the start of the map and a PITA otherwise. Elreon can gently caress right off, I only talk to him if I can see multiple relics.

Every time I hear "TALA MOANA WARRIOR", I cringe a little. Then proceed to do the loving mission because Haku is such a bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Maxblock shield throw bleedsplosion gladiator incoming.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Welp, champ is a crit class now. Also hooray for not having to use lyco

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Uh, if I'm reading this correctly the Sci Slayer gets all the yummy bits from real Slayer. Slayquisitor ele attack builds anyone?

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Well, I haven't paid attention to POE in a hot minute and now there is an aoe semi flickerstrike skill? gently caress me, I guess I'm joining midleague.

Any dece builds for (pref duelist especially champ) Consecrated Path that are cheap and tanky? I wanna burning teleport at fools and not die ever.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

George posted:

Mathil's Consecrated Path Elementalist was super memey and had one hand tied behind its back. I made a Pathfinder version and it's one of the tankiest characters I've ever played. I'm sure a Champion could work but I don't have a guide to recommend and you might have to modify it yourself.

Hopefully Voidforges are affordable again.

Thanks. Ended up biting the bullet and commiting to a chief build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2201938

Fire leech, endurance charge on burn kill, and 100% fire w no need for AoF. Pretty drat hard to argue with that.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Vasudus posted:

I'm more than likely going to do totems to start this upcoming league, since my self-imposed one league cooldown will be over for them. Probably cold spells, maybe Ice Spear.

Not using an Inpulsa, Kaom's Heart, or Loreweave next league either.

Icespear hiero is gonna be sicknasty with the rework. Should slot nearly seamlessly into existing fb totem league starter setups, so Imma go with this next league

edit: or maybe scion slaychief if I can make it work with only two totems. Overleech + totem leech is a potent combo and works well in a RAT setup. No idea about spell totems though

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

BadMedic posted:

Got to 37/40 challenges, I think I am done with this league.

Some thoughts on the league:
I enjoyed delve league a lot, but mapping is pretty much playing in standard. However, delving has boosted my map pool so much that for the first time I feel complete freedom choosing what maps to run. I've got 37 guardian maps sitting in my stash, and that's just from delving around depth 300! Not having to agonize over getting map drops cause you are on your last T13 is great, and I really hope the game will be more liberal with maps going forward.

Delving is great, and being able to choose your difficulty and stick with it is great. Getting a big pile of sulphite and chaining what is effectively T16 content for an hour feels so good. Mechanically I find delves interesting because compared to maps there is a lower buy-in (you only pay sulphite instead of currency) but bigger risk, as unlike maps you have a single chance instead of 6. I have no idea how Delve could be integrated into core, compared to other leagues it feels like a show stealer. Speaking of leagues...

I feel like GGG might be painting themselves into a corner with their leagues. I think the reason mapping is basically standard this league is because there is only so much you can add to maps. Leagues like Essence, Warbands and Bestiary are all variations on "add some extra packs of rares". Breach, Harbringer, and Abyss are all "add a big pile of mobs in general". Going forward I'm not sure how they can add stuff to maps without retreading previous leagues.

Fossil crafting is really, really good. One of my complaints with this game was that crafting mods on items jumps from "low cost master crafting" to "I hope you have dozens of exalts" with nothing in between. With fossil crafting there is finally a way to craft items without having to put a massive pile of currency on the line. I've been playing since abyss, and this is the first time I've ever actually crafted things (and I was quite successful in my efforts). I really, really hope fossil crafting goes core, or at least causes GGG to revamp their crafting mechanics.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this league, and I think a month long break will stop me from burning out.

I'm interested to see how delve mechs will be integrated into future leagues. Delve accessible upon mapping, or leave it in during the campaign, or even retool it as an alternate levelling path (my choice)

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Act 1: Stranded, meet up with other stranded dudes and help them out blazing a path inland for resources and poo poo. Discover the lead scientist lady of the rear end in a top hat empire is up to something
Act 2: Ok done, wait the lead scientist lady of the rear end in a top hat empire is corralling folks in this place called Sarn to do murderscience, gonna get there by helping out this tribe
Act 3: Ok, here's Sarn. Gonna stop all this murderscience and get revenge on the dude who exiled me. Meet gem girl from a dead empire, she gives you hints at what the assholes were looking for
Act 4: poo poo, all that murder woke up the nightmare thing they were looking for, and it is pissed. Gotta climb this mountain and kill it.
Act 5: That nightmare thing was keeping the old gods asleep, gotta go home now and aid a slave revolt. Lets help them by killing the new rear end in a top hat emperor. Uh oh, he was possessed by the god of assholes, let's kill him. Uh oh, the god of assholes was the least bad god loving poo poo up. The god of munchies eats the city now and we get rescued by the god of rear end in a top hat's brother and pantheon satan figure, the god of learning poo poo the hard way. He is actually a bro.
Act 6-9: Back to Wraeclast for a training montage to get strong, we have a roadtrip with the god of learning poo poo the hard way and grab food along the way. He eats wizards, we eat pissy old gods. We get big and strong
Act 10: Training montage complete, we go back and murder the god of eating people. We also redeem the god of assholes, who had to learn poo poo the hard way
Epilogue: Yeah, that's great. you saved an empire, maybe even the world. kinda. But poo poo is wrong in like the multiverse, man, go explore. Oh no, Cthulhu is real and wants to warp reality, go stop him. Oh no, Cthulhu 2 is real and wants to shred reality in a way that is worse than Cthulhu 1. Cthulhu 1 & 2 are fighting each other and us. Go kill 'em all

Still sane, exile?

edit: oh yeah, ascendencies. There is a side story, in order to become emperor of sarn you have to get hit by a lot of traps and fight a robot/zombie/goddess hybrid like 12 times. No, seriously, 12. And he taunts you the entire time. Also you don't get to become emperor, you just get really good at blocking poo poo or flasks or summoning totems or something.

double edit: ok, leagues. Every 3 months (EXACTLY) wacky poo poo starts to happen. It started off with fighting AI murderhobos, then groups of em, then lootsplosions and prophecies and liches from underground and time travel and fluffy puppies and whatnot. Some of the wacky poo poo sticks around after 3 months, so over time you can be doing all the above at once. Currently we are all getting black lung wraeclast style exploring a haunted mine full of really good loot and everyone is happy and possibly going insane

Grimoire fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Nov 6, 2018

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Attorney at Funk posted:

Hopefully if Occultist keeps getting more popular that'll change.

I do appreciate that they went full azula on the ele art

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
GGG hired the developer of PoB. Does this mean we can get real tool tips? Or even *gasp* combat logging?

No serious, I would kill for combat logging

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Modest Mouse cover band posted:

My golem is the only skill that will work with those supports is the problem. I use double strike in this build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1321402 so I don't feel like it would compliment well. Melee splash is useful for the clear build but I don't think everything else melds together well. Unless I'm wrong I'm very new, so I'm just sticking to the guide as much as I can.

e:

Ah alright yeah I was trying to see if I could do that, but I don't think so. I do use double strike though so maybe?

Yeah, DS looks to be your best bet. DS + AC or multi + physical damage or damage on full life if you go claw in the mainhand. Grab a fat phys sword or claw (ele works ok to start), run hatred + HoA, grab some leech on the tree from the claw wheel if you go that route or from the duelist area if not.

what class/asc are you?

edit: NM, saw the guide you posted. Jugg works fine for any melee (tankiness + no acc problems). Also looks like you've got a scaeva mainhand. Good enough for levelling. Basically, transfer your damage links to the scepter, grab the biggest + life & res armor you can, blow trash away till yellow maps. Your upgrade path will leapfrog current gear. Something like a decent phys foil or claw (price 10c +) -> Kaom's plate (price 1+ ex) -> shaper helm with EXACT skills you want (and transfer your links to the helm (??? c) -> a true dual gain damage as element offhand (40/40 will cost multiple ex)

Grimoire fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 8, 2018

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
HoA + Hatred + AA is 100% reservation, so drop AA; otherwise stick HoA and Hatred wherever (so long as the links don't increase mana reserve)

Basically, that guide is for a phys/bleeder. Which DS is good at. But that offhand is worth building around, so we're gonna turn you into an phys/elemental hybrid tank. You'll still want bleed chance (look at the flat phys on bleed on DS), but we then scale this into ele with herald of ash and hatred, and make use of those 7 links (namely the free edwa/ele pro/ add fire). EDWA will scale all your ele including auras and added fire. Ele prolif is just gravy, maybe gives you some clear.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Xeras posted:

Currently playing acid molten striker TaintedBalls https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/soultari/characters and I'm wondering what would be the best use of 12 ex?

Oh hey, did a PF version of this previously. You've got some room to fossil craft a poison claw, gemini base, with the main desired stat being "60% chance for 100% more poison". Then drop your TT ring for some rares

edit: and don't corrupt the claw implicit on a gemini, that's your sustain

Enkor posted:

I don't know your build but with the helm enchant going for 4-6 ex, it's probably a decent bet to go for one of those and then throw pristine and/or scorched fossils at it. Maybe find a nice two-toned boots to make up for whatever resist deficiencies that creates.

also yeah. If you can't get an on spec +3, even a +2 is a huge upgrade

Grimoire fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 12, 2018

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Tai posted:

Did anyone play a consecrated path Jugg this league or know how good it was? Thinking about trying it for 3.5 assuming minimal changes happen to the skill/passive tree. I'm guessing it's relatively tanky but how is single target dps? Thinking Voidforge, 2 x nebuloch or stat stick plus something else. Was it any good for level 300 delves?

CP is like a saner, lower maintenance, aoe flickerstrike. In other words, a blast to play if you don't get motion sick. Jugg/Chief/Inq/Ele/Raider/Sci are all viable. Deep delves are all about defense and sustain, which are no problem for a jugg (I was getting smoked as a lit trapper around 200, even with MoM and huge regen), and having a movement component is something of a plus.

I'd go stat stick if only because 2h is not in the best place (and shaper offhands are ridiculously cheap for the dps add) and the levelling to VF will be more onerous, but you could always build a weaponstyle agnostic tree by going into the templar area. Or just respec. Grabbing the lefthand sword nodes would be safe for 1h & 2h. You want full ele conversion, so look into pathing to AoF (or getting Xoph's, going Chief over Jugg, or even just using a phys to lit gem)

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Jinnigan posted:

between veilcrafting, beastcrafting, and fossilcrafting i'm really going to have to learn "anything at all" about crafting, a part of the game i have entirely 100% ignored thus far

The only crafting ever necessary is chiseling and alching a map, grab currency, and repeat till you can buy the good poo poo on POEtrade

Everything else is just for fun, but you pay a premium for not doing it yourself (optimally)

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

TheRat posted:

I'm gonna need a moment to myself I think

is... is that flask crafting?

Jesus

(give me a +proj craft on flasks so I can run all pseudo dying suns)

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Vasudus posted:

Charged Dash - CWC - Frozen Orb might work

I'm probably going to roll either an Elementalist or Hierophant to start using the new and improved frost spells. Ice Spear probably has real poo poo clear by itself but four totems on screen might change that.

5. Look at that new + totem veil crafted shield

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Eminai posted:

Once you unveil a mod you can mastercraft it.

now this i did not know; but yeah, old man winter hiero is prob gonna be my starter

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

frytechnician posted:

Not to repeat a point but for those newer players who are looking for a starter build I would recommend the following:

Arc totems Hiero - easily the quickest and most pain-free ride I've had through all the acts and into late end game. Absurdly easy to play and fun too!

Arc Witch - on the POE forums there is a guide by a user called Enki. It is by far the best beginner guide I've read and breaks down act by act what you should be looking for, what gems to equip and what level you should be at.

Sunder / Reave / Blade Flurry Jugg - Take your pick really. Jugg is insanely tanky and I would recommend anyone to check out any of Engineering Eternities guides on YouTube.

LiftingNerds Uber Lab Farmer Physical Totems Duelist - another totem build except it's physical damage and pretty solid for lab running.

There are loads of other starter builds out there but these have all been the one's I've found to be super chilled to start a new league with.

Adding to this - molten strike claw and board works up till late yellow/early red maps on like a 5c budget, paid as you go. The only required uniques are 2x wildfires, one of which you get during campaign, everything else is just a luxury. And you've got a shitload of build options. My personal favorite is Inquisitor for the flat ele stacking and ease of pathing to wildfire jewel slots, but honorable mention to Assassin for the infinite poison weirdness, raider for being a FAST TANK GHOST, etc.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Papercut posted:

As hiero you can basically avoid committing until endgame. You can get to level 70+ without ever going into +lightning nodes, which are the only thing that distinguish between GC totems and arc totems. Just use whatever you prefer while leveling, arc is good for fast clear but GC is better for bosses.

The trees are so similar even at endgame that you can also respec very easily if you decide you want to change from one to the other.

Yeah, in a bizarre twist of fate, spell totem Hiero is uh, actually pretty loving agnostic damage-wise

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
WRT winter orb, the more I think about it the more it seems that raider might have more to offer than deadeye. Double strength onslaught is what, +40% cast speed? combine that with the veil/phasing branch and skip frenzy charges, go shield and crit spell dagger, charge to max, shield charge and phase through packs, repeat.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

queeb posted:

im gonna play one character this league. totems heiro into poets arc/lw/ball lightning. either stay heiro or switch to inq.

Discussing this a few pages back, with the "you are your own minion"* nodes up in the templar area combined with tri-ele, spell crit, and totem scaling, a spell totem hiero can basically swap in whatever spell (and maybe penetration) into their setup and make it work. Arc boring? Why not try the new winter orb, etc

*for damage in this case at least. There is an attack speed one too, good for RATers and WCTs

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

queeb posted:

Just do one of the tried and true league starts. Let people figure out this new poo poo and the new skills. Like arc traps Sab, or arc totem heiro. Double strike champion, scorching Ray trickster, all good poo poo that can own the game without crazy gear.

I vote arc totem heiro.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: molten strike clawzzzzz, for all of your "punching poo poo, with lava" needs

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Jusupov posted:

Well, you're not using minefield anymore for 2 extra mines in endgame.

True, that phantom of the opera unique mask is pretty slick. So mines get effectively 2 extra links for damage over traps with that hat, then you add in tremor rod...

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

dyzzy posted:

Melee ele hit, anyone

Or just do the abyss jewel thing

Born to spectral throw
Wraeclast is a gently caress
kill em all 2018
I am trash scion
410,757,864,530 elemental abyss jewels

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I just got 3 chaos from a single forgotten wealth chest during a delve at depth 15, why did I ignore low level delves this whole season...

I had my first ever actual exalt orb drop around depth 70. And then 3 more between that and 200

Delving is cash money

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Ok now someone do an eddie izzard flag build

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Tenkaris posted:

poo poo I’m not home to reserve the name NoFlagNoCountry

Original champion username "DoYouHaveAFlag" do not steal

Alternative M&B crossover "BannerlordWhen"

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

frajaq posted:

will...not...go....Hierophant...

must....play...melee...

Hierophant (or scion hierochief) WC's my dude. Trad facebreakers or maybe even HoWA. I mean, you're just ...outsourcing the melee

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Started on Sunday and managed to make it to act 8 last night on a essence drain occultist. Maybe I'll get to Chaos Inoculation before reset, but I feel like I've got a fairly good grip on the first part of the game. Any suggestions on builds to play given what I've done?

ED/Cont is complicated for a very first build, so you should be good for any starter build out there.

If you like chaos/degen and wanna try out bows my suggestion would be a toxfinder with scorpion friend like so https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2211905 .

Toxic rain is a big old grabbag of a skill, that
1) fires a rain of chaos/phys arrows, which can hit
2) applies a chaos dot AND hinder courtesy of evil watermelons
3) the plant pods explode in an AOE doing chaos/phys damage

1 & 3 can poison if we invest in it, while 2 just does gem scaled DoT that stacks with itself and slow. Max your poison chance and use herald of agony which scales a summoned scorpion (CUBICALLY!!!) with your rate of poisoning in a 4sec window. Then we link a bunch of minion poo poo to the scorpion and let him wreck face while we laugh behind a pile of life and defense and infinite flasks courtesy of PF.

Initial investment is a quillrain, you can pick up a 4l for a few chaos, you can ignore all other gear till maps. Hell, you can even skip that chestpiece and go for something more defensive lategame; crawlboy only needs a 4l in a +minion helm to come online for early mapping.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Awesome, toxic rain seems fun and good and cool. Granted I haven't gotten CI yet, what makes ED/Cont hard? I just ED and then Cont and everything dies, even stuff the next room over if I'm lucky.

Mostly bossing at the map level and above as well as managing CI. I tended to hit a wall in early maps due to lack of damage scaling, but that was several leagues ago so YMMV

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

toxic rain and a quill rain pairs very nicely with herald of agony

As a side note "the modifiers to projectile damage apply to DoT" part of the skill is some real nice poo poo if you choose to scale the DoT, as opposed to the build I posted which uses it as a poison vector and debuff.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

quill rain + toxic rain + agony OR quill rain + rain of arrows + agony

I see more toxic rains than ROA, I think toxic rain is pretty gear agnostic and gets to max damage via a 6L and roa needs crit maybe?

All depends on how you wanna kill, and which ascendency. With QR and poison as your primary damage (using TR or RoA as your vector) you're locked in to assassin, if you want to kill with poison on any other char you need a fat phys bow instead. with TR DoT trickster is ahead of pathfinder on raw damage. For either attacks just as a means to max virulence go PF for the slower dropoff. TR has a 1+ sec ramp up but the but hinder is great, whereas RoA is at 40 immediately. With QR it is pretty easy maintaining stacks in a bossfight burn phase with either

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Fuuuuck, no I gotta clear those challenges

add me to the guild(s): kurnuginomad

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
I could see something like 2x single affix "gain" weapons with the appropriate basetype and high pdps being the new norm for high level play, depending on how the formerly mainhand skills are getting implemented now (hopefully something like dualstrike instead of alternating).

Gonna be sad for no leap slam for my clawboys going forward, though.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
shidded
farded
and camed

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Scattered
Smothered
Covered

edit: sous vide (can only be applied to sea witches(

Grimoire fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Dec 5, 2018

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

nerox posted:

Molten Strike helm enchant nerfed to one less ball and wildfire is now limited to one gem. I had a lot of fun with Grelwood MS last season. :(

Also RIP Quill Rain being an end game bow.

Interestingly, grelwood/beltimber builds (as well as assassin acidball w gmp) are the LEAST affected variants with this change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Filthy Monkey posted:

That isn't a new mechanic. People have been doing it for ages. I've been doing uberlab on day two pretty consistently the last couple of leagues with a kondo's pride, bloodgrip, perseverance, and random 5L whatever armor.

Lifting's build? Solid stuff, and gets a straight upgrade this league with the new banners and +2 totem gem