Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Dunkelbrau
Aug 9, 2003
Would anyone mind explaining to me like a very dumb baby how to most efficiently do Zana's questline? I end up chasing Shaper to T15 to spread Elder (from my original blob after hitting maps) then trying to backtrack and forgetting to watch out for Shaper pinching off my high-tier Elder stuff. I feel like I'm having to do way too Shaper-Elder flips this way. I'd rather go as quick as possible next league - is the general idea to just get a big Elder blob in T13s-15s only then plow through it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunkelbrau
Aug 9, 2003

Vulpes posted:

What's easier to league-start with, Lacerate Gladiator or Bleed Bow Gladiator?

This got lost, but I was wondering the same thing. Anyone have a decent guide they like for lacerate, detailed enough for a very dumb person like me to understand? I've been reading over https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247655 for the bow version.

Dunkelbrau
Aug 9, 2003

search engine posted:

I can show you what a hardcore viable bleed lacerate gladiator should look like in pob, but there's no guide since it's all just homebrew stuff that I run on instinct after the better part of a decade playing this dumb game. https://pastebin.com/dkjHkC6s is the end state. This isn't gonna be enough detail if you're looking for the long version, but some notes on getting there:

-path toward resolute technique, picking up all bleed nodes and as much life as you need to feel comfortable. there's no perfect/specific order here, you just want to hit RT before your accuracy starts to really suck.
-fill out a balance of block, life, and axe damage passives over time. pretty flexible, just shore up whatever feels most lacking
-don't take crimson dance until you have a 5l (for multistrike), a decent axe, and gratuitous violence.
-80s+, start dumping excess axe and/or life passives in favor of cluster jewels as you can acquire them
-gems: chance to bleed support until you're at 100% without it. priority as you get more links is brutality>melee phys>deadly ailments>multistrike>fortify. Swap fortify for deadly ailments in hc.
-ascendancy: gratuitous violence then versatile combatant. even in hc it's worth getting the massive damage and clear speed boost first
-jewels: life and bleed duration are by far the most important mods, past that just get stats, resists, damage over time, whatever.
-cluster jewels: pob example has a nearly perfect mix. any combination of the mods shown will do fine
-axe: the only strictly necessary gear. run a jack or some random pdps rare until you get an ilvl 83 elder axe. crafting basically revolves around throwing corroded fossils, regals, annulments at the base until you get the bleed mod and two open prefixes, then multimod. cull suffix is gravy but will take a lot more investment to hit.
-gear: whatever you can wear that'll give you life, resists, armor. the pob example is way beyond what you need to succeed, but it's a good final setup to aim for

Thanks a ton, that level of detail is great. Time to not minion or cyclone this league!

Dunkelbrau
Aug 9, 2003

Broken Cog posted:

Wtf is up with the Crimson Township map boss?

He spawns little adds around the room that put out the ouchy degen aura that may have killed me a few times before I figured it out.