Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Pretty new to the game and used Enki's Arc Witch to get to level 79 and doing maps. He just re-did his build with new skills and gear requirements. Not sure if I should switch to his new build, follow his old build, start a new character or move to another build. Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Newbie question: if one of the 'requires levels' is red, but the others aren't, does that mean the whole piece of equipment is invalid?

My example is I have a claw that has the following requirements: level 40, 90 str, 41 dex, 90 int. I don't have 90 strength, but I have all the others covered.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Anyone willing to take a look at my POB and tell me what I'm doing wrong with my* Cobra Lash Deadeye? I'm really struggling with single target removal and being one shot. Can easily clear t14+ maps, but metamorph and some bosses take forever to kill.

https://pastebin.com/u58W0cZD

Thanks in advance!

(*It's not my build originally, obviously)

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
This is the either the hardest league I've been part of, I'm running bad or my build sucks. Can anyone offer any tips for my Stormburst Trickster? I know I need to upgrade everything, but getting killed on T1 white maps makes making currency real tough.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account...cterName=dreawe

Can post the POB if that helps.

Cheers.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

Thank you both for taking the time to have a look. I feel stupid about Leer Cast, this isn't even my first league!

I feel less squishy already.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Posted my Storm Burst Trickster a few days back and got some great help. Anyone want to advise me on what to upgrade next? I'm broke but need something to aim for. I'm doing T9 maps, AL2.

I die a lot but probably mostly my fault.

Also at Level 86, Awakening Level 2, plenty of time in game and not a single Exalted Orb has dropped for me. Life is hard.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/drewmoney/characters?characterName=dreawe

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

Also maybe look for a better weapon. The big increased physical damage mod doesn't actually do anything for you, it only affects weapon damage.

Thanks, I'll look into getting more Life/ES and Evasion. I also have this wand laying around, and was using it awhile. Is it better?
https://imgur.com/fn2nhan

I also really want to get a Carcass Jack (120%+ ES and Evasion) but at 4EX it seems unlikely.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Game is running a lot better for me since the latest patch and the colour changes in the Delirium fog are welcome.

I was doing Harbour Bridge farming every other map, which has been nerfed now though.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
When you use a delerium orb on a map there's no end to it right? It just drops loot as it goes up levels? Seems like a strange mechanic.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Which one of these body armors is 'better' for my Storm Burst Trickster?

Feel like I'm doing good damage, but I die a lot and I hate dying.

drewmoney fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Mar 30, 2020

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

Dance Officer posted:

Neither is particularly good at making you more tanky. Can you show us your character?

please knock Mom! posted:

The problem is colors. Ideally you're getting a fat eva chest with like 2-3k evasion. If your links are 1 green and the rest something else, that's going to suck balls. Which links are you using?

This is my character 4.3k health, 1.8k ES, 3412 Evasion Rating.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/drewmoney/characters?characterName=dreawe

Any advice on how not to die would be helpful.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Got to Sirus for the first time ever. What AL should I spawn him as? Sounds like the fight is going to be tough. Any tips?

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
After getting my arse handed to me by Sirus I might be done with this league. Anyone offer me any suggestions I can make to my build? I have about 4ex and I'm open to all suggestions. I want a ring with Assassins Mark On Hit but they're super expensive.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Anyone feel up to giving me some tips on my first ever cyclone build?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/drewmoney/characters?characterName=Doolast

My thoughts:

Yes I haven't done the 4th ascendancy node yet. I'm struggling with it but will get it done ASAP
I need a new shield but the one I want is expensive (The Surrender)
I need another Circle of Guilt ring

I only have 250c in the bank :(

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Turns out I'm not done:

1. CAP YOUR RESISTANCES. This is all the more reason to ditch your amulet and helm. You should be able to get a decent enough pure AR helm with a Cyclone enchantment for a reasonable price, then for the amulet go for life, resistances and added phys damage (and probably Intelligence so you can level Infused Channeling again).
2. Replace your other ring with something more like this to regain the Vuln on hit you lose from ditching the shield.
3. If you ditch crit, go Resolute Technique, drop all of those now-pointless crit passives and ditch Precision.
4. I would look into Cluster Jewels. Large I would go for a "12% increased Attack Damage while holding a Shield" jewel with Deep Cuts/Gladiatorial Fortitude (getting both on one jewel might be a stretch) and a jewel socket. Medium I'd look at either the Herald (Empowered Envoy) or the Channeling (Hex Breaker + Stoic Focus) ones. Small aim for whatever defense you need.
5. Your Viridian jewel sucks and the Abyssal ain't all that great either.
6. You have 3 options for your last Ascendancy point. One of them is wrong, one of them is defensible but still probably wrong and the third one emphasizes blocking.

Thank you. I will do this!

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

victrix posted:

Follow up after using that one to generate currency was his Facebreakers cyclone gladiator. Amazingly tanky (t16 maps and Sirus at <4k health at the time), but this was with several ex of gear from the berserker (... which wasn't actually several ex before he posted the video).

I'm running this build and about to fight Sirus for the first time. Are you able to post your build so I can compare? I still die too much in t14 maps.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Anyone who's done with the league and feels like dropping an ex or 10 my way I'd be grateful!

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
I did 24 fully juiced* t14 burial chambers runs and apart from a poo poo load of simulacrum splinters got nothing of value and didn't even go infinite on map drop.

Is this:
a) small sample size
b) doing it wrong
c) rng being a bitch

(*20% quality, alch, 2 ivory watch stones, awakened sextents, al5, burial Chambers favourited, 4 scarabs, domination, einhert, fast clear speeds with a cyclone build).

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

This is the guide that inspired me to do the BC farming. I'll continue to grind and see how I go. Cutedog says there's no way to lose money by juicing maps so we will see!

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Got my first ever Doctor drop after around 32 BC maps so I can stop whining know. Far and away the most expensive thing that's ever dropped for me in 3 leagues.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Thanks to covid-19 and Burial Chamber farming I have over 20ex to spend on my build, but I'm not sure what to get. Anyone have some thoughts? Assuming belt and boots, but what do I improve? I still die on t14 maps, but it's probably more because I'm poo poo. I also cannot beat Sirius for the same reason.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/drewmoney/characters?characterName=doolast

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

Contra Duck posted:

As for play, if you're in maps make sure you spamming those flasks all the time, just put your fingers over the 4 utility flasks and mash em every 5 seconds. They make up a massive chunk of damage and ehp so you don't want to let them drop.

Also play around in pob to see what you can drop to hit the scion life wheel. Even getting just the bottom half will help a lot.

Thanks for taking the time to write this out. Will get to it asap!

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

I made the mistake of following this guide a few weeks ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBeb0SCSALg

"Exceedingly tanky" means less than 5k life with optimized gear, and an Abyssus on top of that. No thanks.

This is the guide I followed. Can you suggest some improvements? I've already moved away from Abyssus. Can link profile if needed. I don't feel that tanky, but I also suck at the game.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

He uses a lot of uniques with little or no life for the build. Dropping Rigwald's Curse and going non-crit with Resolute Technique would free up the item slot, a lot of stat budget, and some passive points. Not to mention it would let you anoint your amulet. I'd also drop at least one of the Circles of Guilt.

Nice, giving this a try. Any idea on anointments? From a first look:
Master of Force
Retaliation
Command of Steel

Also what stats on the amulet? Life, Phys Damage, Evasion?

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Can anyone explain Ryslatha's Coil to me? What's a perfect roll? 50% more phys and 50% less phys?

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

He uses a lot of uniques with little or no life for the build. Dropping Rigwald's Curse and going non-crit with Resolute Technique would free up the item slot, a lot of stat budget, and some passive points. Not to mention it would let you anoint your amulet. I'd also drop at least one of the Circles of Guilt.

I've followed your instructions, at least as much as I could. Need better Amulet and Boots.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/drewmoney/characters?characterName=doolast

whypick1 posted:

It increases the range of your minimum and maximum physical damage rolls. Perfect would be 40% more/30% less (good luck getting 50% on either roll). Then you can throw Abrasive catalysts at it. It'll increase both numbers, but the more increases faster than the less, so it's a net damage gain.

Thanks man, I grabbed a 40/33. Should I still put catalysts on it?

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

Syle187 posted:

https://pastebin.com/8cnfNaY2
You end up with ~4m dps and 6.7k hp with max block and 45% chaos res, which is way more than enough to comfortably do everything in the game. Or you can do 8m dps with 4.8k hp -50% chaos res and abyssus, your choice.

Thanks for this, looks good, I'll look into it today and report back! For what it's worth I've liked playing the build without crit and the abyssus. For clearing fully juiced t14 maps it seems better to me.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Sold 4 gilded fossils for over 140c each. Glad I came to this thread before it got patched!

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
I'm still new to this but it seems a few people are price fixing Simulacrums. Listing for 20c to 50c but not actually selling. It does seem to be working as prices are going way down.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

There's one listing for 20c. Under pricing a single item isn't price fixing, which generally cannot be done using an item that has both high supply and high demand like Simulacra do.

There were a bunch more before, but it's gone now. TIL.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

Oodles posted:

I set up a tab with 12 rolled maps, 12 sets of the scarabs I want to run, a bunch of sextants and Ivory Watchatones. When i come out of a map I dump everything in a dump tab, go to that tab get the map and scarabs and go. Takes 20/30 seconds at most.

This is also what I do, but as I'm doing it with T14 Burial Chambers I think I'm wasting valuable time going back through after killing boss and clearing delirium and doing a full clear. The very, very slim chance of a Doctor drop makes me think it's worth it, but I doubt it.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
I'm starting as Balor's Dominating Blow Guardian thanks to Ziz excellent guide and the fact it looks rad. Thanks for listening.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

QueenOfTheEvening posted:

I'm slowly working through the story, trying to make this the league where I actually get to end game. I'm working on this EQ Juggernaut build and I'm at a weird spot where I need five more dex to be able to level up Onslaught and I'm not entirely sure what to do to get it while still following the build I found.

I'm running the same build, it's the slowest thing I've ever played in this game! I'm not at maps yet and it feels like a slog to get there. I've come too far to re-roll now. I don't have an answer to your question though.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
I'm running a Juggernaut EQ and it's not much fun. Anyone got a POB for using Earthshatter instead? Or is it simple that a dumbo like me can work it out?

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Anybody who knows about warcries feel like giving a look at "my" build? Pressing a button and watching poo poo explode is fun, but I'm not sure I'm doing it right. Took a Ziz EQ Juggernaut build and modified it. I was using Call to Arms but as far as I can tell that's counterintuitive to running more than one warcry?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/drewmoney/characters?characterName=DrewMaurder

(Yes my gear sucks, I'm trying!)

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Any concensus on which is better for EQ or ES melee builds, 2h mace or 2h axe?

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Anyone think quarry is going to still be a good farming method? I've never been more broke in a league as this one.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Just started a new character, after getting a bit bored in maps with Jugg Earthshatter/Warcry, based on Big Ducks Creeping Frost Occultist and it's seems powerful so far while leveling. Looking forward to seeing how far I can push it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjuoTibKoGI

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

drewmoney posted:

Just started a new character, after getting a bit bored in maps with Jugg Earthshatter/Warcry, based on Big Ducks Creeping Frost Occultist and it's seems powerful so far while leveling. Looking forward to seeing how far I can push it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjuoTibKoGI

I'm not at my computer / PoB for the rest of the day, but can someone confirm/deny if this youtube comment is correct about this build?

"The question being why would i ever play creeping frost instead of cold snap , considering cold snap has more damage , a vaal version and doesn't require GMP so more map clear damage too and generates frenzies while mapping like litteraly take the same tree put a vaal cold snap instead and you're stronger"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Anybody willing to offer some advice on making my Occultist Witch more survivable? I'm pretty familiar with glass cannon builds from playing lots of DH in Diablo3 (if that's what this build is), but I still die way too much. I'm only doing t10-t12 maps atm and still dying.

I have about 3exa to spend. I'm pretty sure my problems are gloves, boots and ring. But what'll give me the best bang for my buck in not dying so much?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/drewmoney/characters?characterName=DrewWitchHRVST