Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
I don't see a PoE channel in the discord linked in the OP. Is there a new goon discord for PoE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Oh, it must be hidden until I'm authenticated. My b.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

Vasudus posted:

The chaos wander was really good. Felt like a traditional wander for trash and a poison character on bosses. I did all content in the game except Uber Elder, but only because I haven't spawned one yet this league. All my Sirus 8 kills are on this character, and I got down to depth like 250-ish with no real reason to stop. The only thing you really need to get started is a wand with flat chaos to attacks (the good one), the delve poison mod, and attack speed. Everything else is extra.

A special shoutout to the Mistwall, the best goddamn shield for a dodge-based character ever. I've lost track of how many times that thing saved my rear end.

https://pastebin.com/tgpxA8q2

This is the pastebin of my current character before it gets stripped in the near future. There's still plenty of little optimizations that can be made. In retrospect, I would have gone with an Agony ring that gave me chaos resistance and chaos damage, rather than reduced mana, and just run HoAg by itself instead of in a 4L.

Feeling pretty dumb asking this but what's the purpose of the thread of hope? Your whole tree is connected.

Also what would you put in the 3 freed slots no longer used by the HoAg support gems?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
I'm obviously doing Vasu's poisonwander wrong. Trash gets deleted in red maps, no problem. I struggle to deal decent damage to bosses and some rares though. Like really struggling. Should I be wither stepping through them, hitting them with a few PS shots and letting the poison do its work? Or just spam PS as much as I can? I'm also using plague bearer.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

Elentor posted:

Here's the list of things I can tank:
Minotaur's whatever.
I can cross Awakener's Storm Clouds.
I don't die to Awakener's multiple beams.
Phoenix's blast as long as there's no extra damage in the map.
Innocence's laser beam at 83 doesn't do anything, resists + perma 1200 hp/s ignore it
Vaal Trio with the rain-of-death last doesn't kill me

Aerox posted:

Jesus, what build are you running?

I'm really curious as well.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

Elentor posted:

I've been doing this on Skellies Necro. They're super juiced now because of some luck I had with some drops but even before that I was still doing fairly decently and I haven't died to any metamorphs.

There were no deaths to T16s, Elder Guardians, Uber Elder, Elder and Shaper thus far even when I'm carrying 2 friends.

What is your pantheon?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

he1ixx posted:

Dumb Pantheon question. I want to get Soul of Lunaris->Avoid projectiles that have chained but it says that I have to 'Capture The "Hallowed Husk" in Palace Map'. Any idea how to do that?

Place a divine vessel along with your map in the map device before opening the portals. Once the boss is dead, take the divine vessel out of the map device and give it to Sin.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

Tabletops posted:

Someone did frost blades as a starter I can't remember who. It loving crushed all content afaik. Not even a lot of currency spent.

A streamer or a goon?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Presumably exalt shards but if you don't have those everyone will also accept the chaos equivalent.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Today I bought a 1.5 ex item with 1 ex and exactly 10 ex shards. :colbert: Thanks harbingers!

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Other than Kingmaker what's a really good item to use on your animated guardian?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
I'm not really liking the summoner life, even as tanky as it is. It's kinda boring. Does anyone detect a problem with this build?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081371

Or perhaps have an even better one? I never tried a raider.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Volatile dead says spell damage modifiers don't affect the corpse's explosion, but does it affect the flat fire damage?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

Vasudus posted:

That's fine I guess, I'll do a Frost Blades character soon-ish. Maybe.

Do you already have a PoB for FB? It looks fun but the few I found were super squishy

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
It assuredly was but the fix did not make the first release cycle.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
After 3 leagues of needing over 2K fuses to 6L 28% (or more!) qual something, this league I just handed 1.5k fuses and my item to a goon who had the 6L recipe.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Yeah. When you have no competition you tend to sit on your laurels.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
I don't remember deep wounds from D2 but I remember crushing blow.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
I haven't talked to anyone who actually likes invulnerability phases who wasn't a game designer.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Is overcapping resistances useful in PoE like it is in Grim Dawn?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

Vasudus posted:

Builds I'm doing this league:

Physical Impale Cyclone Champion (league starter, boring)
Triple Herald, Elemental Hit wander Elementalist w/ all-element Elemental Hit and the new jewel with ailments
Full Chaos minion Occultist or possibly Necromancer
Stormfire + Herald of Ash + Manastorm Divine Ire Ignite Trickster
Dex Stacking Flicker Strike Raider (may do something else involving dex stacking)

If you weren't meme'ing what would you use as a league starter?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

Vasudus posted:

Yeah it's a very safe, very effective, very good, and very boring build. I'm selling it to myself that it'll be worth it later.

I'm asking because I already did that build last league and yeah, boring. So if you were doing a ranged/caster starter, what would it be?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
I use orbs of horizons on high-tier maps from one region to turn them into maps of another region I'm trying to break into. You won't get upgraded high-tier maps of that region, but you'll get the base high-tier ones (those that appear only after placing an amount of watchstones)

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Someone earlier posted about weird 1-shots in vulnerability maps and it's happened to me too. Once with only a single white mob nearby and another with nothing at all around me.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

Using Vas' technique. Got a workable set of mods pretty quickly actually so farming Quarry didn't take more than 10 minutes. Melee damage, projectile damage, attack speed and flat physical. Would rather have life than flat physical, so removed that and crafted life. Added cold and lightning (guaranteed to be resistances with 3 prefixes). Lightning turned out low, so removed-readded it.

Expenses:

base: 1 ex
remove physical: 50?c (goon discount)
add cold: 50c (goon discount)
add lightning: 40c (low seed level [71] discount from a pub)
remove-add lightning: 50c (goon discount)

Time spent: dunno, like 30 minutes?

Not bad for gloves I'll likely never replace. Build is chieftain Ngamahu cyclone if anyone cares.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

euphronius posted:

Does infernal cry work well with ngamahu cyclone ?

It does but I prefer to keep enduring cry for safety vs bosses. Maybe once I'm less squishy I'll try infernal cry again.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
If they can't fix retention, does this mean we'll get a flashback league?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
If you need a whole bunch of yellow and low red maps to get going just holler in global 5555

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
I'm already using Immortal Call with Cast When Damage Taken but could I also use a level 20 IC that I would manually cast ahead of time when I see something scary? I know they share the same cooldown. Is that dumb? Should I use another guard skill instead? I'm a chieftain so generating endurance charges is not a problem.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Yes but they will grow they just can't be harvested until you place a collector nearby

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Just beat Sirus deathless for the first time and he dropped an awakener's orb to congratulate me. Woo

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Ngamahu cyclone chieftain started well but the complete inability to do any blight encounter that is spread out at all is maddening, among other things. I think this is the last time I start a league with melee character.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
What is the 4th provider of elemental ailment avoidance for your build? Gloves + helm + boots total is 82%

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Sometimes he sells a headhunter.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Like 25K I think? Make sure you disable others' ability to use your portals when you buy large amounts of perandus coins.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You can still gently caress it up by luring a void ball to explode in Zana's bubble leaving you not safe standing room anywhere during bullet hell. At least I did the first few times.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
I'm 0 for 2 on annuling the opal wand when it has +1 all spell gems and some poo poo mod with no tag. RIP me.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

Suspicious posted:

I'm 0 for 2 on annuling the opal wand when it has +1 all spell gems and some poo poo mod with no tag. RIP me.

Just realized how badly I hosed up the second one. The poo poo mod was a suffix (intelligence) so I could have just rolled the +1 to all chaos spell gems and the chaos multiplier with chaos augs, crafted prefixes can't change and scoured the thing. Would have been a lil expensive but I'd have my loving wand. Now I'm never getting +1 to all spell gems again I bet.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Hundreds of reforges w/ caster mods later, I had all but given up. Then I thought, heh, I'll just do it old school style. Exactly 1 scour, 1 transmute and 1 alt later, I get +1 to all spell gems alone. Regal'ed it, life suffix. Perfect!

It's done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
A boss killer will still usually go through trash mobs pretty quickly, just not as quickly as a build tailored for it.