Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Is there still a viable Iron Commander build? It looks like all the popular ones gave up after 2.6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

gonadic io posted:

My Doomfletcher has 3 Siege Ballista totems and does shitloads of damage, do you really need 8?

Mind sharing that build? I'm mostly just looking for an archer build that isn't LA

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Lechtansi posted:

Also, if you are having fun don't worry about rushing through the game. Last league I was averaging an hour per act, this time it's 2 hours because I'm taking time to shoot the poo poo in gchat, read the lore, see the new parts, and kill more monsters. "Ideally" you want to be 2-3 levels under a zone to maximize speed, but I die a lot when I do that so I'm taking my time to clear zones and stay on par.

Yeah I'm doing that thing where I promise myself I'm going to read every lore piece and dialogue. I expect it to go as well as it does when I do this for Elder Scrolls games.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Can I get a guild invite please? On now as "olQWERTYbastard".

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Booyah- posted:

I'm following this build right now and it's really easy going through act 6 at least. I don't have a Tabula Rasa either.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1625254

Not sure how well it scales as you continue though.

I've been following a guide that sets up ED as the main ability (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1912723) and uses GMP + the passive pierce ring. It looks like that one leans on ED as single target damage and contagion for AOEing trash mobs.

I'm not sure which is better; I suppose I'll just keep going and switch later if it looks better.

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 9, 2017

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Booyah- posted:

Cool, do you have a link to that guide?

I edited the post with it, check the quote.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I was following a bit of this wild strike guide https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1867849/page/1

Wildstrike is a surprisingly good skill and this is also the first time I've gone berserker with vaal pact and cloaked in savagery has to be the most broken ascendancy point in the game, so long as you have something to hit and don't die to a one shot your healthbar will keep jumping from 1% to 100% every swing.

Wildstrike single target damage is rather good and with 100% pierce and multiple chains baseline even unlinked to anything it can clear a pack in a swing, only complaint so far is the complaint I'd have with any namelock or multi-strike skill in that without lots and lots of attack speed it feels pretty bad to use because of how it locks you out of any other action until you finish swinging 3 times.

I was thinking of a wildstrike build as my next guy and was looking at this build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1867849

I can't tell the relative pros and cons without playing the character though.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

RossCo posted:

I'm trying to make a hurricane shot ranger work, is there a current standout ascendancy for rangers or are they largely equal right now?

pathfinder is still the gold standard I think

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Still looking for a guild invite please. I'm olQWERTYbastard or Mazeltov_Cocktail.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Hauki posted:

*quantity

I just rejiggered my whole gear loadout to accomodate a Bisco's Collar and I haven't really noticed a difference :shrug:

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

i can still taste him posted:

I did my usual. Raced up on a guy I was excited about, accumulated a some wealth, then poo poo it all away failing to 6L a chest (rip 600 fuse) . So, now I am starting over. Gunna try that wild strike build I recently linked.

I'm one of those weirdos that would play 7-8 characters a league even when I had to do a 1-4 the times, so a6-10 is nice to have. I'm finally ok admitting that I am an altoholic.

I just started mapping with wild strike marauder and it's been fun. Once you get a 5L with multistrike it starts to cook. I highly recommend getting a Cauterizer at L40.

As an aside, does Curse On Hit work with Ancestral Warchief?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Knightsoul posted:

Need an invite to the guild. name is : CreepyGreenLight

Thanks in advance.

Me as well please. Name is : Mazeltov_Cocktail

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

10bux posted:

I've noticed quite a few goons wanting to play one of the Pathfinder/Raider Elemental Wander builds, so I just wanted to make a quick post to hopefully help you buy the best wand. Let me say first off, even though the wands aren't 10ex+ like the old phys wand builds, wanders are still expensive as gently caress too make. Keep that in mind if you wanna make one.

Anyway, in my opinion, your wand MUST have ALL of of the following four criteria:

1. Imbued Wand Base
2. Lightning Damage
3. Attack Speed
4. Crit Chance

Now I guarantee if you search for a wand with all four of the above plus something like... 180+ elemental dps, you are looking at wands costing many exalts. The good news is Master crafting wands is very good, specifically Increased Attack Speed and Increased Critical Strike Chance. This allows us many unique options for buying a wand.

Outlined below is my recommendation for buying a wand, which will cost whatever you pay for the wand, plus 2-4 exalted. Remember exalts are trading for 45:1c currently, so 180 chaos. Anyone who's played a wander will tell you this is cheap as gently caress for a wand that's almost impossible to replace for less then 20ex or something. If you cannot afford the 2-4 price, then use Piscator's Unique.

HOW TO BUY A GOOD ELEMENTAL WAND:

Step 1: Search poe.trade/poeapp for an Imbued Wand with 180+ Elemental DPS

Step 2: Look only at the wands with High Lightning Damage (T1/T2) and High Fire or Cold Damage (T1-T3). Then use one of the methods outlined below:

Wand One: First, look to see if there's any with 10%+++ Increased Attack Speed and an open suffix; or 20-25%+++ increased Critical Strike Chance with an open suffix. If there is, and its less then 2-4ex with the elemental damage above, this is a good deal and a good wand, I'd buy it. Take note that the third prefix and suffix really don't matter as long as you have the four criteria. however, WED, Multi, a 3rd Ele dmg, Increased Lightning Damage, etc are all nice bonuses and can actually make the wand worth a lot more then 4ex and still be a good deal. Good loving luck finding this wand before everyone else does though. If there are none, go on to Wand Two.

Wand Two: Now look for a wand with the necessary elemental DPS and ZERO suffixes. If there's one for 1-2ex or less, go ahead and buy it, it's a good deal (again, third prefix isn't a huge deal). Then with Elreon 8, you pay 2ex for "can have multiple crafted mods," and craft crit chance attack speed. If there aren't any wands like this, move onto Wand Three.

Wand Three: This is usually going to be your best bet in my opinion. Look for a wand with the necessary elemental damage that also has a third prefix that's either OPEN; or, 3rd elemental dmg, 20%+ Elemental Damage with attacks, Increased Lightning Damage %, or something like +2 lightning gems or spell damage is decent as well, but not as desirable. Once you find one that has the right prefixes, then look at the suffixes. The only thing that matters is that it has 1-3 open suffixes, basically (2 SUFFIX MAXIMUM). Try to find one that meets those prefix/suffix requirements for 1-20chaos, but I'd definitely pay up to an exalt for T1/T1. Then, take your wand to Haku level 8 and craft "prefixes cannot be changed." Once you have done that, use an orb of scouring so that all you have left is the elemental damage prefixes. Then take it to elreon 8 and craft "can have multiple crafted mods." Then back to Tora so that you can craft attack speed, crit chance, and possibly Elemental Damage with Weapons if you got an open prefix.

If there's no goons with high enough masters on, feel free to search the forums for a crafting service. I've never had a problem in prior leagues and I almost always use the free ones, but tell the guy im going to tip him in the end.

Here's a wand I just purchased for 10chaos, and will be using step 4:

I just purchased that for 10chaos, then I'll do the Haku 8 mod "prefixes cannot be changed," scour it, then elreon 8 for "can have multiple crafted mods," then craft Increased Elemental Damage with Weapons, Increased Critical Strike Chance, Increased Attack Speed. You might have to divine a couple times to get the rolls you want but those are currently cheap.

Total cost = 10 chaos + 2 exalt + 1 scour + 2 exalt + 4 alchemy + 2 chaos. 4ex 12chaos 1 scour 4alch.

I'm guessing the answer is no but does this satisfy the requirements as a decent starter wand for this?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
What does the smoke cloud on Stibnite flasks do?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Azran posted:

I hope it is PM'ing Skyl3lazer because I really don't want to use IRC :v:

I tried that the other day and the PM didn't go through. :( I miss talking in guild chat while leveling.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I'm starting on T10ish maps with a Wild Strike zerker and having a few issues. This is my first time doing end game content with a melee class and I'm not sure what to do on bosses when facetanking isn't cutting it.

I probably just need to gear a bit better but I'm in that spot where changing any piece likely means changing a bunch to get the resistances to work out.

I'm tempted to go back to my ED MOM trickster but the clear speeds were terrible.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Anyone have experience as an ED/contagion player? I can't figure out the best way to tune. Is it best to just go all in on ED with piercing and GMP? Or save that as a single target damage and link up contagion hard to deal with trash mobs?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Goa Tse-tung posted:

my man ED is a single target spell that spreads to others via contagion, you absolutely have to play it that way if you want to crush red maps

that means yes you cast two spells per pack, but the reward is indeed the crushing of red maps and with a lot of investment even shaper and uber atziri

Wait, contagion spreads ED damage??? This changes everything...

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Soothing Vapors posted:

Yep. It'd ED's main AOE mechanic. When something with Contagion dies, you get a Contagion circle that spreads Contagion and ED from that mob to all other mobs in the circle. If those mobs die, they have Contagion so they will also spread Contagion + ED.

The caveat is that the duration of Contagion and ED will not reset when Contagion spreads, so if there is 1 second left when it spreads, you get 1 second of dots.

I followed some dumbshit guide that had me using just ED including GMP and picking up the projectiles piercing wheel. Goddamnit.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Arzachel posted:

Decay, Void Manipulation, Efficacy, Swift Affliction/GMP, Controlled Destruction, pick one. It's not like ED is lacking good supports.

I'm running ED/Swift Afflict/Void Manip/Efficacy/Controlled Destruction/Pierce and it's working pretty well.

Does Decay spread via contagion aswell? I think I would like to delerium a Sai to get it that way rather than spend a gem slot.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Devor posted:

I am paranoid ever since I used a database that would return a random 100 results (even if thousands matched), then if you apply a sort it just sorts the 100 so you're missing the actual maximum value

If I get 5 results I trust it :colbert:

Edit: After some testing it works like you said, still makes me itch though

Either you or your DBA must have been terrible at SQL coding.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Anyone running the tornado shot mines? Looks fun as hell but I can't find a good guide.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

whypick1 posted:

He's showing off his two drop-restricted end-game flasks.

If I had to guess the rest: Seething Divine Life Flask of Staunching (heal me now and remove bleeding, aka the "gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress" flask), Experimenter's Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline (go really really really fast for a long time) and an Experimenter's Diamond Flask of...hmm, not sure what suffix here...Iron Skin/Reflexes or Warding are my guesses (make me more likely to crit and bump my defenses/remove curses while you're at it).

why do people use divine life flasks over eternal?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I remember someone discussing a mine build and mentioned a way to bind the mine ability to drop in place rather than running to the cursor and dropping. Anyone remember/know how to do that?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

whypick1 posted:

The Numlock trick. Bind Attack in Place (usually Shift) to something on the number pad, turn Numlock on, then turn it back off while holding said AiP key down. Game now thinks AiP is always being held down.

Much obliged!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I'm noticing that the added elemental damage from Doomfletch's Prism isn't showing up on the tooltip. Is that typical or am I missing something?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Well this isn't good. I get this error and crash when I try to log in.

Happened 4 times in a row.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I just started mapping with my Tornado Shot Mines deadeye and the clear speed is great and bosses drop quick but boy is it a glass cannon. Having 0 hp/resist in both rings is rough.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Mover posted:

I like to put my golem on a the cwdt 4-link, outside of a few edge cases. But I'm insanely lazy.

Me too. If I have the slots I like to run one high level CWDT with golem and something that cares like molten shell and a low level one with immortal call.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Pretty sure I hit major pay dirt here:

Now to look up top tier crafting...

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I alc up any boxes T11+. Alc's are cheap and it's worth it just for the additional monsters + potential good rolls on the box.

Also vaal all armor/weapon boxes.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

I crafted +27% crit chance on this and am having trouble finding comps. Listing at 450c but I have no idea if that's right.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
How do "%chance to shock" on jewels work? Like if I'm dealing pure phys damage can I still shock if I got one slotted? That seems pretty valuable if so.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Goa Tse-tung posted:

btw if you want to play a build that combines totems and minions, and that like all builds this league is shaper viable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKb_5jHkoPs

The linked profile doesn't have totems socketed. Weird. I wonder if there's a guide somewhere.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

MMF Freeway posted:

Its a raise specter build, the specters summon the totems.

Oh they just do that natively?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Is there a reason why enduring cry won't trigger off CWDT? I don't see any text indicating why it doesn't work.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Ah ok. gently caress that then.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

NecroMonster posted:

listen, you gotta do the warcry near enemies to get a bonus anyway, so just do the thing before every pack or every two-three packs of you are going fast enough this isn't hard

I get endurance via Gladiator passives so it's not needed. Just a wasted click when I could be blade flurrying or laying an ancestral protector.

Edit: Any other blade flurry bleeders around? I'm curious why guides suggest taking Dirty Techniques over Blade Master. On balance I feel like the attack damage + ASP + ailment damage > pure bleed damage.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
If there are still slots open I'd love an invite, IGN: Sharia_Lawyer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

NofrikinfuN posted:

Yeah, I was going to pick that up but went for the bleed passives first. Probably would have been smarter to get the spell block first.

You can use respec points on ascendancy stuff.