Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

please knock Mom! posted:

Not dominus' line though, so rip

Can you imagine how annoying that would be if you said it every single time you used the skill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Mercrom posted:

*you are going to die to volatile

It's almost impossible to die to volatile in 3.0 if you're paying attention. It creates an orb which starts chasing you after a windup time and will explode after a short but significant fuse time if it reaches you. Even if you let it get to you you can still survive.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

zxqv8 posted:

Assassin - Focuses on critical strikes and critical damage, as well as delivering poison and doing more damage with it. +1 Power Charge available.

Is assassin getting an extra power charge in 3.0?

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Awesome! posted:

deadly infusion change

Ah okay. I couldn't pull my beta builder up at work, thanks.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

the bitcoin of weed posted:

I haven't played this game in like a year but want to get in on the amount of game content being doubled, but first I have to know if there's a gem yet that will let me turn into a bear

Unfortunately, it's fairly unlikely that shapeshifting will ever be added to the game, devs have said that the investment is too big for the return, because it would require essentially all the assets for a full player character with a full set of animations.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
I'm at 5 years and 2 months, according to my pathofexile.com profile, but I don't think I even played up to brutus before open beta started.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Awesome! posted:

how annoying are stat requirements on baron srs with no astramentis

I had to take two 30 dex nodes for a while in the 2 week

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
Doesn't AW totem indiscriminately hoover up 6s items? I'd be so sad to lose 7 jewelers.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Osci posted:

Could I get an invite?

ign: Whowhut

Aerox posted:

Looks like I got removed from the guild since I took a month or two break while waiting for this patch -- could I get a reinvite please if there's any spots left?

Current character logged in right now is Aeronnar

Thank you!

Lektor posted:

Hey I got removed as well could i get an invite for LektorsLegacy

Sent. As of this post there are 19 spots left in guild. Expect them to fill up before we go live. or very shortly thereafter.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Elentor posted:

This game really could use league-specific names.

Except what happens when the league merges to standard?

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Mr. Despair posted:

that "bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam" sound is oddly soothing.

I was just about to post exactly this. I love the sound of warchief. It was really confusing when I was doing EQ though, because my gigantic earthquake would go "pff pff pff" and then I'd throw up the warchief and suddenly we're in a goddamn foxhole outside of Da Nang getting shelled by the Viet Kong.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Elentor posted:

Do what every other game does when name conflicts happen.

...Is there actually a solution you're alluding to? I've never played a game that allowed name conflicts.

Edit: you edited after I posted. I guess prompting for a rename would work. That said, since they built this system from the ground up, they're never gonna change it now. That poo poo is almost certainly way too buried in the code.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Elentor posted:

Server merges in MMOs happen all the time. They prompt you to a rename. If you don't care about your standard dump characters you can have Name00001 with a free rename pending for it whenever you want to use it. That's really all there is to it.

There are plenty of ways to solve it but seeing as they had database issues with the MTX system I'm not very hopeful they'll ever get to it.

I like how we just had a redundant conversation because of :ninja: edits.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Flavahbeast posted:

Sunder slayer, cyclone slayer or lacerate slayer?

Of those? I'd definitely do sunder. Cyclone and sunder are both in very good places right now, but sunder has the clear speed by a mile.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

CuddlyZombie posted:

Did the guild entirely fill up? :ohdear:

Not quite, but we can't invite until servers are back up now.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
The guild is full. There will likely be more room soon. See Sky13lazer for details.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Arsonide posted:

So I have a question about a plot hole here...it involves Act 5 spoilers, so I'll spoilerize it.

So in the first new act, you enter the Chamber of Innocence, and it looks like a loving church, and you are killing priests and nuns. One of the nun's attacks is to splash you with holy water. Your ultimate goal is to get to the high priest and murder him. That is when you learn he is the vessel of the Angel of Innocence, who you also murder. Then the Angel of Sin comes down and pats you on the back.

Who the gently caress are the good guys again?

Now, the justification for this is that Kitava, the god of insatiable hunger wants to eat the mortal plane, and from what I can tell so far, Sin has the foresight to put aside the whole Good versus Evil thing for a while to fight Kitava, but Innocence is too driven by absolutes and dogma to stop fighting evil for any reason. So Sin puts Innocence on the backburner for a while, so people can focus on Kitava. I might be wrong, but I think that's right...continuing on to the plot hole...

So technically the player has been the good guy all along, but drat if it didn't make you question that for a minute. Oh wait, the player was already going murderboat on those nuns before anybody explained why to him. Whoops, he was just killing nuns because they had phat loot. Is this explained at some point? Let's also not forget, he started a slave uprising for no reason. From what I can tell most of the classes were wrongfully exiled, and generally have good intentions...so these points confuse me.

Okay, so my impression is that the story of Innocence and Sin as told in the stained glass windows is Innocence's side of the story, but not 100% accurate. I'm not sure exactly what happened from Sin's side, but the writers seem to have gone pretty far out of their way to make us feel like Sin isn't actually a bad guy. Especially when Yeena's Spirit is super cool with him. Also Innocence doesn't seem to hate him, seems super cool with being put into some random lowly soldier. Maybe Innocence realized after we 'killed' him that he had taken things too far?

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Arsonide posted:

One thing that bothers me about the new difficulty set up is that I won't be able to farm these boss fights when I hit end game. :( The mechanics are super good and could work at any difficulty I imagine. I'd at least like to see some sort of way to revisit these boss fights at increased difficulty. (If there is one, someone correct me.)

Based on GGG's previous design choices, I would guess that next time they update the atlas, they will add the new bosses to the top tier maps. They've said a number of times that their biggest thing is clever re-use of content, so it seems kind of inevitable. I heard a rumor that they're updating the atlas in 3.1, so that would be about 3 months from now.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

How long does it usually take people to get into a "grass is greener" mindset and think about what other builds you could roll up next?

I'm already thinking I should have rolled something else by the time I get to Hillock.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
I just attempted to sell a helmet with 87 life, 41 cold res, and 36 light res, poe.trade showed multiple for 1c, so I listed it there, even though that seemed a little low. The messages started coming in after about 10 minutes, and I took the item down almost immediately, but I proceeded to get messages for that item every 10 seconds at least for the next ten minutes until I got annoyed and exited the game. Something is wonky with trade right now, I'm not sure it can handle the load.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

gonadic io posted:

I'm really getting my rear end kicked in early act 10. I've got maxed res, 2.6k life, 1.6k ES, and the highest DPS bow listed for 10 chaos or less on poe.trade.

My damage feels really low, and I get chunked for over 50% health by any mob hit. Is it my gem links, my gear? What am I doing wrong?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AlsoD/characters
Character is SAME_EHIT_DIFFERENT_DAY (I plan to use ele hit to curse after I get Mastermind of Discord).

Are you just using two siege ballistas with no multiproj as your clearing skill? I feel like that must take ages to clear packs. If that's not just your single target setup that I'm seeing, try slotting greater multiple projectiles in that green spot, and see how that feels.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

the only issue with buying maps is when you have to spam whisper 10 people and they all say sold. Doesn't always happen but can. One night I just gave up and ran some more maps connected to the one I was trying to buy.

This. Every time this happens, I lose interest in playing and go do something else. It's the reason I'm only just barely in t9 maps right now.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

yes?

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Goa Tse-tung posted:

just asking since the armor already gives pierce 15

He was including that, note that barrage is 7 linked.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

Is there room yet in the main guild for PhillipSheridan?

Woooo I got to it before Rodent for once.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

George posted:

What are the actual odds per ancient orb?

:iiam:

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Kild posted:

No, you want Blood Aqueducts if you need to grind before maps.

Why are people are using Blood Aqueducts instead of Oasis? Oasis feels like it has WAY better density to me. It feels just like dried lake.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Most use Oasis.

Oh okay, I got confused because I saw a video of someone leveling in Blood Aqueduct yesterday, and then saw that today.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

cytoc posted:

If there's room in the guild again, I'd love a re-invite for Cytocbomber.

Jack Ketch posted:

I'd love an invite to the guild as well if there's room character name is Mjourn

Got it

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Almost Honest posted:

Can I please get a guild invite if there's room? name is GROOVY_TONY i play a lot but im bad

Sent. One spot left!

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Bob NewSCART posted:

Let's talk lacerate goons

It's fine. Very generic. I thought it felt bad until multistrike and then it was fine. I wouldn't expect to have a lot of fun with vanilla lacerate, but it has some potential.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

Are you supposed to be able to beat Izaro in the labyrinth as soon as you get there? I got to Act 4 and I'm at level 40 with a Witch (I was kind of following some thing I found online about the "Arc Witch") but I can only keep dodging him so long before I whiff a flame dash or movement command and I get hit by the green goo.

If the mortars are oneshotting you (which I think you are implying) then you might need to beef up your fire resist.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

quote:

Rarity: Rare
Hate Buckle
Leather Belt
--------
Requirements:
Level: 67
--------
Item Level: 84
--------
+37 to maximum Life
--------
+93 to maximum Life
+21 to maximum Energy Shield
+38% to Fire Resistance
+46% to Cold Resistance
16% reduced Flask Charges used
20% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills

Picked up this belt and I have no idea how to price it. The only one kinda comparable to it on poe.trade is listed at 45ex, but it also has slightly better affix tiers and t1 armor instead of lovely ES, so obviously this isn't going to be anywhere near that expensive.

Katasi fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 16, 2017

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
Quote isn't edit

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

terrified of my bathroom posted:

theres a couple almost identical ones listed rn at 100c and 3 ex http://poe.trade/search/kikohumaunanor

Yeah, I eventually settled on 100c, no idea if it'll sell, but it's worth a shot

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

llibja posted:

Is there any more room in the guild? Invite Derd if so please!

Sent

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Vietnom nom nom posted:

If there's still room in the guild could I get an invite for "BlitheringIdiot" thanks.

Sent

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

John Lee posted:

As a Casual Scrub, I have a couple questions about the multiplayer in this game. I see a lot of public groups with a lot or even every person in a different area. Why? Also, I joined a group and rolled around for a bit. Does this internet Diablolike really not have a loot system where every person gets their own, unique drops on their screen? Because it sucks balls to kill a harbinger or whatever and have a bunch of rare resources drop, none of which are randomly allocated to me.

I mean, maybe the devs were going for "you shouldn't get a heavy advantage by playing in a group, and getting the same amount of loot but killing things faster would do that," but getting WAY LESS loot in a group isn't the way to go about it, either. Am I missing something?

The devs really loved stealing loot from each other in Diablo 2 and care about that being in this game. They didn't even have permanent allocation as an option for a long time because they think ninja looting is fun. Also, you get 50% added drops per extra person in your group, so you do get some benefit, but it's not 2 people worth of loot.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Duck and Cover posted:

Here's the issue people in general do not want hardcore d2 (ggg might but turns out they want people playing their game). Like the trading thing is something you may have tolerated in the past and convinced yourself you liked but the majority thinks it's a load of crap. The thing is many people (me it's me but I'm totally not alone) also don't want whatever it is d3 is offering. D3 leans too far into casual while d2+ leans hard on nostalgia / hardcore gamers. Imagine there being no poe.trade or alternative, I know I wouldn't play and I'm sure I'm not alone. The system is deliberately garbage because.

Best post/avatar combo I've seen in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Duck and Cover posted:

Pointing out my avatar sure beats having to have something of worth to say. I'm right of course and you know it, it's okay nostalgia is a hell of a thing. Seriously it's convinced me on multiple occasions to try and get through Thundercats. (the old one)

We've been over the trading/AH debate a thousand times, and it always results in like 3 pages of shitposting even when the conversation isn't started by someone who leads by telling us we have no idea what we're talking about, and that we've stockholm syndrome'd our way into liking the game.