Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Man, the D4 announcement got me pumped for ARPGs and inspired me to start Path of Exile, and it's great!

I'm playing through the campaign right now for the first time with a Shadow/Saboteur, and let me just say, I was sad to realize I couldn't set up mines to cast on channel.

Stoked for the next league!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Make sure to join global chat channel 5555 so you can chat with goons while you play!

Oh hell yes

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

In messing around with things before next league, here is some news from my lvl 54 saboteur in act 7: charged mine support + self cast discharge isn’t nearly as exciting as I was hoping for.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I'm pretty new to this game - started late last league and got a saboteur up to 56 or so.

I've got a weird idea for an armageddon brand inquisitor that also has 4 link barrage'd elemental hit with wand/shield - with this league being all about single target, I was thinking throwing two brands on the guy, and then blast them with elemental hits. So, stacking crit chance and damage.

PoB here: https://pastebin.com/CuH92N2k (level 65).

Dumb idea? I know most builds don't seem to go for two types of damage... just seemed fun to see if it works.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Devor posted:

The problem is that you're either leaving off spell damage from E-Hit, or attack damage from Armageddon Brand. You'd be better off pairing Brand with a single-target spell so you can focus on spell damage.

This makes sense. Then I can grab a bunch of spell crit nodes. I think I was just excited to try barrage support.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Applebee123 posted:

One way to think about it, is the game is about scaling multiple 50% more damage modifiers on top of each other.

Someone who has a main attack that has 8 sources of 50% more damage, does 1.5^8 more damage.

Someone who has say elemental hit with 4 sources and a spell with 4 sources, does 1.5^4 but twice.

But 1.5^8 is a much bigger number than 2 * 1.5^4, so generally you want to focus on one or two things that scales with everything you are using to scale.

Re thinking things— what about brand with frost wall for positioning, and then fireball, which as a projectile should shoot past it, and is a spell, and fire to boot.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I’m starting to think about builds for next league and here is the dumbest idea I’ve had so far: a “buddy cop” build where you and your animated guardian have to use the same weapon types. Thinking like 2h impale champ... not sure.

No other minions obviously

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Theory: Delirium jewel mechanics allow for access to the PoE 2 keystones /notables, and vice versa once PoE 2 is out for the classic skill tree.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

ConfusedPig posted:

Did they say the poe2 tree is completely different? I thought only the ascendancies are new.

I can’t remember if they said so or not.

Theory 2: there is a new skill tree for Poe 2 :haw:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Am I crazy for wanting to make a charged dash trickster for ssf league start?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

What are you guys thinking in terms of wand skills and spellslinger supports?

I spent like two days trying to figure out if a 100% fire conversion power siphon Chieftain for ignites and flame surge for damage to ignites...but I don't think I'm good enough at this game to make it make any sense.

Any combo ideas you've got a-brewing? Or do we need to wait for patch notes.

I swear a solid 62% of the fun of this game is just theorycrafting on my lunch break.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

9041, ye gods i need this to escape coronavirus. come on!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Welp I just wiped to part 3 of Uber Lab Izaro on my fourth attempt at Uber Lab and I guess I just suck at this game. Help me goons, you're my only hope: https://pastebin.com/T5qzyLRC

I've been playing an Ethereal Knives hiero with a spell totem Blade Blast and it reminds me of everything I like about mines except this time the mines also do damage when they go down. It's pretty fun, but I'm not sure how effective it'll be going forward. I can do like T5 maps at the moment.

My plan for after Uber Lab is to maybe switch the Blade Blast to self cast 6 link with Archmage support, and put EK into a pair of gloves with Faster Casting/Slower Projectiles to make a Psuedo 6 link. But it doesn't really work until I get Arcane Surge on hit. I got an Indigon to put on after that too. Not wearing it at the moment since I needed the resists/life for Uber Lab.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

whypick1 posted:

Are you actually trying to disable Izaro's mechanics and dodge his very telegraphed attacks or are you trying to facetank a fully buffed and very pissed off ex-emperor? Granted, today's lab only has Conduits to buff him (Portals are just cannon fodder), but Conduits + Ground Slam would be enough to one-shot most builds.

I had two darkshrines. I thought I was trying to dodge stuff...it all happened so fast! It seemed like I did okay for a little while and then something just blasted me.

Tomorrow I'll go and get the other darkshrines. That would probably help.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Build question!

I'm leveling this Charged Dash HOWA CI Scion and really enjoying it so far: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605098. Shout out to the goon who gave me a few HOWAs, looking forward to equipping them when I hit 68. Also I'm going to use the new cluster jewel passive that makes non-crit lightning hits lucky, I think that might be a cool addition.

I'm currently in Act 7, doing fine, and I'm wondering about the last ascendancy. I'm planning on Occultist/something, with the something being either Champion (Per the build guide), or Inquisitor (Also sort of per the build guide).

I'm leaning towards inquisitor for the ele penetration, the ailment immunity on consecrated ground, and the nearby enemies take more damage. Seems a lot more useful to me than 10% chance to fortify.

If I take inquisitor, what would be the best link to swap out for fortify support? I was thinking of dropping damage on full life but I'm not sure.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

So it's like metamorph, but mobs?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I wonder what kind of weird poo poo you can craft that might be good on an animated guardian. Do you think they’ll release the craft list before the patch, or will we have to wait for it to be datamined?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Leaning towards either a self cast archmage ball lighting trickster with weave the arcane and spamming lightning warp for mana sustain (never played trickster or ball lightning, and want to try unleash support), or Stormwall earthquake inquisitor playing with the new slam support an glancing blows.

I pick terrible builds and it takes me like two weeks to get to maps, but I think it’s fun :gerty:

External Organs fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 6, 2020

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

They should make flask gems that let you customize triggers for when you want them to go off. “drink on warcry support”, “drink on reaching low life” etc.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I'm really curious to know the new implicits for the high level two handers.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Maybe some of the life / mana recovery will be moved to the tree...? Here’s hoping.

Ps, am I the only one thinking impale champion perforate for league starter? The double damage exert with the changes to blood stance might make it awesome.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Probably more exciting when it can be a 6 link in POE 2

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I did a dumb end of league elementalist build using Hrimburn and elemental equilibrium to ignite motherfuckers with Frostbolt and they went and jacked the damage effectiveness even more?!

I don't feel like doing it again but someone smarter than me could probably make it work. It was amusing.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

New tree notable Admonisher is also cool looking - remove an ailment when you war cry, and a little speed / recovery time. Easy to grab as a champion.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Ixjuvin posted:

If there's guild space, can I get an invite on Ixjuvin please?

If there’s room I’d like one too - fwoompf

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Torrent link is up btw: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2874562

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Do we know if generals cry can be used by someone wearing a bow, for example, to trigger a mirage melee attack? I would think it can’t but I can’t find it anywhere.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

My thoughts on Harvest going core - I think it’d be neat as a random occurrence with pre planted and ready to harvest seeds. Maybe in 2-5% of maps. Lore wise it’d be like the abandoned garden of various rogue exiles- maybe put some in there to fight! That way you could have a few pet crafting projects in your stash that would get slowly better over time. Maybe you could force it in maps with a scarab or something.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Sorry if this is off topic, but do any of you POE goons play Path of Diablo? There’s a new ladder starting Friday and I figured it’d be a fun time to jump in again considering the next POE league is a month+ away. It’s been a few patches since I’ve played but it’s generally a good time and the community in game is pretty good - I figure it’s a bunch of other 30somethings reliving the glory days.

Edit: I’m gonna play a molten strike amazon! :haw:

External Organs fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Aug 13, 2020

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Wonder if one of the ranger ascendancies is gonna get reworked passives around Marks.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Cinara posted:

These patch notes are extremely boring and none of the new stuff looks that good at all. Hopefully the alt quality gems tomorrow show off something interesting.

I was also surprised by the lack of random skill changes. Maybe there will be some truly weird alt-gems, and they're just trying to control for all the weirdness.

My current dumb starter ideas:
-Self-cast blazing salvo / flame wall chieftan
-Self-cast glacial cascade occultist with eye of malice fuckery + hexes to reduce resists like crazy
-White wind Charged Dash Trickster (Wanted to make this last season but got bored with Harvest a week in).
-Never played a Raider. Some kind of Raider!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Heist - Decreases and reductions to trinket rarity apply to your gang of misfits at 150% of its value

Edit: I am going burning arrow Chieftan! Flame wall flame wall flame wall!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Hi, perhaps you recognize me? It’s your favorite exile. And I’m standing in front of the blight pump at the Perandus Manor which is always an exciting place to be. I got back a day ago from running Harbor Bridge. I spent four days there, and didn’t have to, I could’ve stayed at the Harbor Bridge but the doctors said, “Because you’re the best, let’s do it.” I said, “Fine. You tell me what to do, and I’m going to listen.” These are great professionals. They’ve done a fantastic job.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I feel like I spend more time wondering if various builds would work and tinkering in PoB than I do actually playing. I may be busted.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Going with the obviously OP and very popular lighting arrow Raider. Delve! Delve!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Metamorph but up

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Thing I forgot about - the flashback league is NOT a void league. Huh.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I enjoy charged dash but it's not like it's top tier or anything. Winter Orb?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

euphronius posted:

Just for the love of god please be in the loving map

I think they confirmed it is.

My guess: Harbinger but Heist.

You're attacked by multiple invincible doors, and to kill them you have to kill other doors.

Also the doors have kitty cat doors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Has anyone ever been able to make a Kinetic Bolt wander work? I love how the skill looks but I just can't figure out where it would shine as opposed to any other wand skill.