Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

You Am I posted:

Bad thread

Zenithe posted:

Jbp, your thread is bad and you should feel bad.

Sparticle posted:

Auspol August
Reviewed 3 August, 2017
Starring Sir Joh Bjelke-Postersen
A citizenship crisis threatens a man's ability to shitpost on a dead gay comedy forum.
Margaret: ★★★★ David: ★★

G'day cobbers it's your old mate JBP here with your hot August edition of AusPol SA.

So let's have a look at the state of play ay mates.

All your wildest dreams are coming true

A new standard of political warfare.

Looks like we let a bunch of bloody foreigners into the parliament. Bill and Mal absolutely furious over this one. A monumental fuckup on behalf of our forefathers. It is not often I come the raw prawn with our constitutional authors, but it's fortunate they all (to my knowledge) died of shame long ago.

Below is a list of casualties, will update as required.

KIA:
Scott Ludlam (good bloke)
Larissa Waters (good sheila)

WOUNDED:
Matt Canavan (dickhead)

MIA:
MaLcolM of the RoBerTs, iuEwAeN;--: ImmoRtAl and liVinG sOul (investigating citizenship ties to himself/conducting alien autopsy)

Bike helmets.

Are they safe, are they unsafe? Who cares mates, they're for latte sipping inner city types. You can't haul coal on a bloody push bike.

Ciggies

They're bloody banning them in outdoor eateries, but good old Sam Dastyari has used his considerable clout with The Chinese to uncover $400k worth of filthy communist ciggie money pouring into the ALP. Where's the Winnie Blues money you pack of bloody red sellouts? Shithouse.

Terrorism

Bunch of blokes are still out there trying to blow some poo poo up. What about the lack of jobs in far North QLD? Ever considered blowing up a bloody coal face and doing a bit of lifting, you absolute mongrels.

Bill Shorten!?

He's saying things in public. He's saying a lot of things that sound like policies. Absolutely gobsmacked.

Coal mining

It's good again!

Gay marriage plebiscite

Will it happen, won't it happen? Why even bother, it's definitely going to/not going to easily win/be defeated in a landslide for the conservatives/commies so just have a parliamentary vote on it for free.

Les Murray

Now that the only good one is gone, there has been no better time to finally defund SBS.

METH

There is a heap of this cheap gear getting about. Lifting tradies can't get enough of it. Leaners love it as well. This jury is currently out on the Australianness of meth.

Palestine

Opposition reckons it is a country now. 2-state solution on the horizon. Well done to the ALP once again.

Now that the talking points are out of the way, time for a round up of the clowns we call our representatives, brought to you by some of my favourite new and old First Dogs.

The Liberal Party

Who put these dickheads in charge ay mates? Led by the Iron Bow-tie, Malcolm Turnbull. Currently trudging through their 17th poll loss or something like that. They're losing all the time and Mal is now as popular as Shorten (which means he has dropped from a 60% approval rating to something resembling the age of a hated millennial). Has established a new office of (not)Homeland Security led by former police officer Peter Dutton. Read 'em their rights Pete!

racing identity posted:

All the human rights lawyers in the world couldn’t have laid bare the moral degeneracy of our asylum seeker program more successfully than the fat baby president with dementia

Jobs provided to far north QLD: 0
Preferred method of testing: Sniff

The Provisional Liberal Party

Led by fearless ubermensch Tony Abbott.

Does not employ snipers or sniping in conducting it's affairs. The true rulers of the nation. Blessed under God and Queen. The Holy Warriors.

Jobs provided to far north QLD: COAL
Preferred method of testing: Rousing rendition of God save the Queen

The Nationals

Led by Barnaby Joyce. The most true blue party there is, populated entirely by hat wearing lifters who have been kissed by the rays of the glorious down under sun. Can drink more tinnies than any other party and when it comes to fairdinkumness, they're bloody spot on.

Jobs provided to far north QLD: A Shitload
Preferred method of testing: Pub

The Australian Labor Party

NB: I don't find this rude cartoon very funny at all. NSW is the lifeblood of every organisation in this Great Nation. UnAustralian.

Free market republican communists that hate dole bludgers, but some of them reckon gay marriage is alright? Can't make head or tail of them to be honest. Bill Shorten is in charge when he assumes a corporeal form and isn't floating around the streets of Canberra haunting press conferences.

Party is currently ascendant and will easily win the next election.

Preferred method of testing: Checks notes

The Greens

NB: first dogs is a commie so he hasn't done a cartoon about this bunch

Bicycle riding free market commies that worship Elon Musk from their university safe space muslim hate-prayer centres. Led by Richard Di Natale, known to be an I-talian. Are single handedly bringing down parliamentary politics by getting sacked for being traitors and dragging all of the other traitors with them.

After embarrassingly triggering the current dual citizenship fiasco, Di Natale has called for the government to engage a full time wog hunter in one of history's most disgusting acts of Uncle Tomism.

Preferred method of testing: Pill machine outside Splendour.

Pauline Hanson's One Nation

Racists.

Jobs provided to far north QLD: a couple at the chippie (casual)
Preferred method of testing: Putting your arm under the Bunnings paint computer and making sure it comes up "pearlescent egg white"

Derryn Hinch, Xenophon and the rest of the clowns in the senate

NB: accidentally forgot to cover up the broadsheet copy of what was once a good newspaper.

Is Cory still in this bunch? Forgot to include him and that bloke from Sydney that reckons city people need guns and that bicyclists don't have to wear a helmet. Couldn't give a gently caress about the bikes, but there aren't roos in town you bloody dickhead!

Have never even been to far north QLD
Preferred method of testing: ratio of poo poo sandwiches eaten (gleefully in most cases) in relation to policy scraps thrown by the LNP.

And with all that said and done bottoms up, Australia!

JBP fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Aug 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
First.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
August all

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lock this shameful thread down its still July

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
It's pretty UnAustralian to put up the August thread in July

:scoff:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The other thread has dual citizenship and should have resigned.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

August OP was reserved by a better poster, up with You am I and down with JBP.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CrazyTolradi posted:

August OP was reserved by a better poster, up with You am I and down with JBP.

He hasn't done it so he can do the next one. Cheers mate!

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

JBP posted:

He hasn't done it so he can do the next one. Cheers mate!
He didn't do it because it's not August yet, you loving idiot.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CrazyTolradi posted:

I already posted the you am i OP, move on

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

I already posted the you am i OP, move on
Account sharing is bad!

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Guess he wasn't agile enough

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Bring back the Canadian OP.

Also the Canadian senator.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

G-Spot Run posted:

Guess he wasn't agile enough

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED
Pope cartoons in op

rated 5

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CrazyTolradi posted:

Much like his renunciation of foreign citizenship I imagine.

Tasmantor
Aug 13, 2007
Horrid abomination
I thought it was a top op, laughed heartily thanks.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
A New month means a new prime minister:

quote:

Federal politics: Malcolm Turnbull faces spill over gay marriage

PRIME Minister Malcolm Turnbull’s leadership is “terminal” if he cannot stop MPs from his own faction crossing the floor on same-sex marriage, senior conservative Liberals said.

As a group of moderate MPs called for a conscience vote on gay marriage as early as next week, senior Liberals told The Daily Telegraph they will move a spill motion on Mr Turnbull’s leadership if his government breaks its election promise and allows MPs to cross the floor in a vote on the issue.

The Right faction is lining up a ticket to replace Mr Turnbull, should this occur. Faction leaders said the most likely new leadership team would have Peter Dutton as leader, with Greg Hunt as deputy, rolling Foreign Minister Julie Bishop.

“It’s terminal. If Turnbull can’t control the moderates, what’s the point of his prime ministership?” one senior Liberal asked.

The Right faction leaders, who have been supporting Mr Turnbull, warned the spill would be called if the PM failed to bind members of his own moderate faction to the party policy of a plebiscite on same sex marriage taken to the 2016 federal election.

A second senior Liberal told the Telegraph that if there seems to be a “green light” for Liberal MPs to cross the floor, “then someone will move a spill very soon after in response because you’ve lost control of the House of Representatives.”

The senior Liberal said: “It would put Malcolm’s leadership under threat.”

The senior Liberal made it clear he supported Mr Turnbull’s leadership, but this would be an issue that entirely loses the Liberal Party base.

“I don’t want there to be a change of leadership. I want Malcolm to lead us to victory at the next election. But you can’t have a situation where we completely lose control of the parliament,” he said.

“Effectively it says to our base, ‘We just don’t care about you.’ There are people sticking with the Liberal Party and the National Party, despite the difficulties we’ve had, because of our stance on issues like marriage.”

A group of moderate MPs, including Warren Entsch, Dean Smith, Tim Wilson, and Trevor Evans — supported by Christopher Pyne — have been working secretly behind the scenes to allow a conscience vote in Parliament on same sex marriage.

The plan is to distribute a private member’s bill for same sex marriage this week. If that vote fails to achieve an outcome when Parliament sits next week, the MPs would side with Labor and members of the crossbench to pass gay marriage in Australia.

Mr Evans said he would be prepared to exercise his right to a conscience vote and cross the floor.

In response, Mr Turnbull said backbenchers “have always had the right to cross the floor”.

“It’s a very different political culture to the very authoritarian and centrally controlled culture of the Labor Party,” he said.

The Right will call for Dean Smith to resign as whip, while they plan to roll Mr Wilson at his next preselection in his seat of Goldstein, reminding him the Right have the numbers in his seat. Some in the LNP have threatened to disendorse Mr Evans if he crosses the floor.

“Tim Wilson is gone, Evans is going to get disendorsed, and (moderate leader Trent) Zimmerman will probably get challenged anyway,” one senior Right MP said.

http://www.dailyterror.com.au/news/...ed5a67e0b1286eb

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
It is now August.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Greg hunt has an amazing lisp.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I just creaned myself

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Birdstrike posted:

August all

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Even my kids, both 17 and 15, have a view about gay marriage. They are against it. They argue that God created man to complement woman, and woman to complement man. This is the way both God and nature wanted it.

I am pleased that my kids already embrace a very realistic and common sense approach to life.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I saw a ten year old on Facebook get a lot of likes for saying gay marriage is hosed up and doesn't make any sense. If they want a civil union that's cool though :kiddo:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

JBP posted:

I saw a ten year old on Facebook get a lot of likes for saying gay marriage is hosed up and doesn't make any sense. If they want a civil union that's cool though :kiddo:

Caleb?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bad thread

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This thread is dedicated to Barnaby Joyce. The only good politician on a state and federal level.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

isn't it strictly against lnp policy to bind parliamentarians to votes, tho

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

BBJoey posted:

isn't it strictly against lnp policy to bind parliamentarians to votes, tho

It is, but they will chuck or punish you after you cross the floor.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

You're totally allowed to but you're dead to us if you do

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Welcome to August.

I for one welcome our new potato overlord.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
In the first four months of the federal government's much-hyped youth jobs program, just 200 young Australians have secured full-time work.

But the government is adamant those numbers will shoot up, with thousands more working their way through the three steps of the prepare-trial-hire (PaTH) scheme.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

If it becomes obvious that a vote on SSM is going to happen and enough Libs will cross the floor does anyone reckon there is a chance of Turnbull going scorched Earth and crossing himself? If he is going to get booted either way then at least he'd have the legacy of getting chucked out for the right thing.

foolish_fool
Jul 22, 2010
Presumably it would work the other way - if he gets booted there would be little reason for his faction not to cross the floor and get it done. But while he is still hanging on it might not happen.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Like, say, getting chucked for an emissions trading scheme?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

lol of course he won't

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
He's seen what "principles" gets you. He's going to chug his koolaid and call it chandon

E: I guess insert a hoity brand here I can't think of it

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
“It’s terminal. If Turnbull can’t control the moderates, what’s the point of his prime ministership?” one senior Liberal asked.

Yep, those out of control moderates.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Anyone here got some good recommended reading material about how the union movement came into being? Doesnt have to be Australian focused - just interested to see how it ever got off the ground given how completely indifferent most people I've talked to about unions are. How did they manage to motivate so many people into a single cohesive force to fight back against the bosses, and how does that fit into the social/economic context in which it happened? Because these days virtually nobody I know gives even the slightest of fucks about it (despite gladly taking annual leave, sick leave, weekends off work, protected by unfair dismissal laws etc). I suppose I'm sort of seeing how hard the boot needs to be pressing on our collective necks before we give a poo poo again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hooman posted:

Yep, those out of control moderates.

The dates on some of these are the funniest part.

Like two loving years lmao

• Locked thread