Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I got hauled over the loving coals by American airport security for having a bunch of hats as gifts so you can bloody gently caress off if you rock up to do business in Australia without a permit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Did they look like this:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

JBP posted:

I got hauled over the loving coals by American airport security for having a bunch of hats as gifts so you can bloody gently caress off if you rock up to do business in Australia without a permit.

A few months ago I was driving an American friend back across the border to America. She handed the border guard her passport and he started grilling her about why the gently caress she was born in FRANCE and how come she has an American passport when she's BORN IN FRANCE.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Don Dongington posted:

Will Hookshot return us to the frozen waste of Canadaland?

I'm in New Zealand right now so I think I am in fact the most qualified person in this thread to do it.

But I'm not going to because I'm lazy and I'm wayyyy behind on writing my next book.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-01/city-of-sydney-flies-vote-yes-flags/8862472

quote:

To support same-sex marriage, 260 rainbow "vote yes" banners will be flown across Sydney city following unanimous support from Labor, Liberals and Greens.
The council voted to give $110,000 to the cause.
As well as flags, the city will send mail outs to encourage a "yes" vote and promote "yes" campaign activities through their communication channels.

quote:

However, the anti-same-sex marriage movement said what the flags and campaigning promote marks the beginning of the end.
The Coalition for Marriage's David van Gend said politicians should not use public money to tell taxpayers how to vote.
"If we vote yes to overturn the meaning of marriage so much more changes...it will change what your children are taught at school in the LGBT safe schools education," he said.
"This is a foretaste for people in Sydney and the country of what will happen if we give that intolerant minority of activists the power that comes with gay marriage law."

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Coalition for Marriage taking a page from the Trump playbook and calling the opposition the "intolerant minority" regardless how much consensus there is.

Also buddy pretty sure anti marriage equality dudes are the intolerant minority

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Wake me up, when the plebiscite ends

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3832710

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
when i was 12 i got bailed up by border force because i took a violin from australia to new zealand and then back to australia without declaring it and the guy called me an idiot and then mocked my voice and made me cry, anyway that's my story

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

HookShot posted:

A few months ago I was driving an American friend back across the border to America. She handed the border guard her passport and he started grilling her about why the gently caress she was born in FRANCE and how come she has an American passport when she's BORN IN FRANCE.

Sounds like the high court of Australia rn

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Good thing it's not an election, referendum, or plebiscite so this isn't politicians telling anyone how to vote.

lightinwater
Jan 1, 2014

Gorilla Salad posted:

Did they look like this:

Isis are awesome and it sucks they broke up

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Someone has forgotten to close their thread, I wonder who??

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
*sneaks in like a blowie just before the screen door is slammed*

sabra and shatila were a setup, ariel was framed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Close yer thread you goddamn amateur