Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's that time of year again: Summer Under the Stars, where TCM chooses one actor or actress a day to highlight their career and play a hodgepodge of movies from throughout their lives. i love to sit on my couch and look at my big tv while having a huge collection of good to great movies parade across the silver screen. Schedule and interactive bios and crap available here: http://summer.tcm.com/

Days I'm personally looking forward to, just on name alone, I havent actually looked at schedules - Lon Chaney, Sidney Poitier, Barbara Stanwyck, Vanessa Redgrave, Ricardo Montalban, Cary Grant (duh), James Cagney, Elizabeth Taylor...and many more! Gotta love the Stars of the big screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I've only seen Lon Chaney in The Unknown but I assume every performance is as good as that one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Some like it hot just started. This is a funny rear end movie

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Marilyn Monroe is such a WHORE

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

some like it hot fuckin RULES. wish i had tcm sso i could get in on this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

some like it hot fuckin RULES. wish i had tcm sso i could get in on this

Hearty lols every time at the scene where he emerges from the bubble bath in a full suit and tie

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

ive seen it at the theatre twice now lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just turned TCM back on and the movie right now is called Bus Stop and 90 minutes in they're still at a bus stop

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I just turned TCM back on and the movie right now is called Bus Stop and 90 minutes in they're still at a bus stop

i looked up the plot to this and it seems terrible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

i looked up the plot to this and it seems terrible

I watched it for 4 minutes before turning on Rush Hour 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The seven year itch is on now and iirc this is the movie where that picture of monroe's skirt flying up over a sewer grate came from. I'm not actually going to watch it to find out though

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

The seven year itch is on now and iirc this is the movie where that picture of monroe's skirt flying up over a sewer grate came from. I'm not actually going to watch it to find out though

yep, it was even on the poster. its also a bad movie because instead of the guy having an affair which is the entire plot of the play and also the title of the movie, its all just romance in his head

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol, looked at wiki

In the 1970s Wilder called the movie "a nothing picture because the picture should be done today without censorship... Unless the husband, left alone in New York while the wife and kid are away for the summer, has an affair with that girl there’s nothing. But you couldn’t do that in those days, so I was just straitjacketed. It just didn’t come off one bit, and there’s nothing I can say about it except I wish I hadn’t made it. I wish I had the property now."

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would have been cool if that guy busted a nut on a nude Marilyn Monroe instead

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

It would have been cool if that guy busted a nut on a nude Marilyn Monroe instead

if it was made in the 70s that would have been on the poster instead

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Panic in Year Zero! is pretty cool. In the first 5 minutes LA gets wiped off the face of the earth with 3 nuclear bombs

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Panic in Year Zero! is pretty cool. In the first 5 minutes LA gets wiped off the face of the earth with 3 nuclear bombs

awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

More than half of the Lon Chaney movies today are about him killing people in a circus, and the other ones are him playing as Chinese guys

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

More than half of the Lon Chaney movies today are about him killing people in a circus, and the other ones are him playing as Chinese guys

i almost exclusively remember lon chaney as a chinese guy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yesterday was a bunch of B-tier westerns...no thanks.

Today is Gene Kelly!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhzc3X7isf8

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Singing in the rain is starting...love this movie. Hell everybody loves this movie

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think my favorite number in this is Beautiful Girl. All the tableaux's are win

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Although Kelly as some musical urchin who's only impulse is to sing GOTTA DANCE is pretty great too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a Warner Bros produced women's prison movie from 1950 on now which seems like its gonna be sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh and the movie The Naked Jungle at 8PM EST also sounds awesome:

"A cocoa grower (Charlton Heston), his mail-order bride (Eleanor Parker) and their Brazilian plantation are beset by miles of man-eating ants (1954)"

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Oh and the movie The Naked Jungle at 8PM EST also sounds awesome:

"A cocoa grower (Charlton Heston), his mail-order bride (Eleanor Parker) and their Brazilian plantation are beset by miles of man-eating ants (1954)"

:stare:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's in technicolor too...drat this movie is gonna kick rear end!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In the second scene Eleanor Parker is smiling and laughing with a little native boy and the boat handler says "You like? Take him with you! Is no problem!" And she says "Thank you!" and now he's her son.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

In Training posted:

In the second scene Eleanor Parker is smiling and laughing with a little native boy and the boat handler says "You like? Take him with you! Is no problem!" And she says "Thank you!" and now he's her son.

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A native just got ritualistically slaughtered by his tribe by stranding him on a 3 story palm leaf structure with a shield while a single guy ran around the base shooting him with blowdarts

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's an hour+ in and there's still no man eating ants, this is gonna be a hell of a third act

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh...the man eating ants are regular sized ants. There's just a billion of them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the only time you see the ants is when Heston looks through binoculars and they show stock footage of ants with binocular rims framing the footage and he exclaims Dear God! They'll be here in 3 days!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Their big plan to stop the impending wave of ants was to dig a small moat around the plantation and when the ants arrived they hopped on little leaves en masse and floated across the 8 inch wide moat lmfao. This movie is awesome! And on the other side all the wage slave labor guys were futilely slapping the dirt with shovels trying to kill one billion ants, until their eyes started getting eaten out of their skulls

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ive read the short story that movies based on, the dude tried lighting all the ants on fire nd drowning them, in the story th ants make it across the moat by making giant ant balls and floating across, drowning all the ants at the bottom, then the dude curses nature as he gets fuckin eaten alive

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leiningen_Versus_the_Ants

i misremembered the ending but th rest is the same and still fuckin rules

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

looks like instead of watching Cure (1997) im going to watch this movie 10000 times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

In Training posted:

fucken lol

• Locked thread