Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«19 »
sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

It's poo poo but freak show was worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Somebody call Totoro

sebzilla posted:

I haven't watched Coven but after the poo poo show that was Freak Show I don't think I can force myself to watch it.

Chaotic Flame
May 31, 2009

So...

I have a friend who loved Coven and didn't really like Asylum. We agree on almost everything else TV except these two seasons of AHS. It's baffling.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Ugh, bringing back Coven in any way, shape, or form might be what finally gets me to stop watching this show.

I get that it's the season where a ton of people actually started watching AHS and people love it, but I don't care. Those people are dumb.

Give me Old West AHS already.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

Ham Wrangler

sebzilla posted:

Though I think freak show could have been much better if they had tightened it up enough to remove 4 or 5 episodes. A lot of the elements were dumb, but the whole thing was just a meandering mess that went on way too long.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

If you meet the Buddha in the lane, feed him the ball.

sebzilla posted:

Freak Show was bad because they were doing the whole Jessica Lange swan song (loving literally too) and it lost its track. Like they were trying to be serious and scary and it even started off that way with Dandy and the Clown but then it just got lost and boring and crappy.

It still wasn't at the same objectively bad level as Coven. The only redeeming factor of Coven was KNOTTY PINE and Stevie Nicks. Even then it was more a spectacle than a show. The also brutal part about Coven was that it was set up so interestingly between the opening credit scene and the first episode. It looked like this creepy cult show set in New Orleans which is a city absolutely stuffed to the brim with macabre and horror. It was also fresh off of Asylum so we were all expecting this amazing season. I have never been let down as badly as I did watching the rest of that season. They went out of their way to make it a crap fest.

Coven's bad. If you rate Coven as your top season you're going out of your way to ruin a show by supporting the ruin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

I'll kick yer sorry arse so hard you'll kiss the moons!

I love Coven. This is known.

I can at least admit it's trash and the worst season, though!

«19 »