Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Might be kinda cool to see how some previous characters deal with... nuclear fallout? Kinda insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

During his livetweet session of the latest Pose episode (watch Pose btw), Murphy also confirmed he asked all the Coven witches to return

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
So he wants to combine his two worst ideas (everyone becomes a ghost/witches are real ... real bitchy) into a season that may or may not deal with some kind of really near future political, if not literal, fallout?

Yeah, this might be the one I quit. I just can't see it being anything but the bad kind of goofy.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OmegaBR posted:

So he wants to combine his two worst ideas (everyone becomes a ghost/witches are real ... real bitchy) into a season that may or may not deal with some kind of really near future political, if not literal, fallout?

Yeah, this might be the one I quit. I just can't see it being anything but the bad kind of goofy.

Witches are real? Great concept Witches are psychotic, no moral compass crazy people with no real coherent culture that just murder people all the time because they're at superhero hogwarts is not.

Honestly it's not the horror genre (but honestly can be sometimes) if you want to see the concept and ideas of Coven handled far, far, far better, just watch The Magicians.

ED: Seriously Covens is on my top 3 most incoherent seasons of TV ever made. It's jaw dropping how bad it is. Only recent Walking Dead, Heroes and Dexter are competing.

ED: Also the shared universe has never worked or the witches would have showed up and burned the Hotel from Hotel down after killing Queenie. Possibly with full government support given the dumb way Coven ended and the fact the whole world apparently knows magic is real now?

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jun 19, 2018

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I have a friend whose favorite season is Coven and he couldn't be more excited for this sequel season.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Considering they brought down a billion dollar corporation with some rats in a maze, you'd think they would have taken care of Trump handily.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

clown shoes posted:

I have a friend whose favorite season is Coven and he couldn't be more excited for this sequel season.

AHS Coven is a monument to fabulous bitches, so while it makes 0 sense it is very enjoyable to people who love watching fabulous cunts act the diva.

So me tbh

This crossover will probably be a hot mess but if Jessica Lange appears it may be worth it.

Also Bring Back Misty Day And Also Nora.

Just have it be the Lily Rabe hour tbh

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
My wife has Coven in her top rank as well so she’s thrilled

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

AHS Death Stranding

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/AHSFX/status/1020205811484614656

I sense a theme developing.

Apparently there was some AHS content at an FX event at SDCC but this is all anyone's posted so far.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Satanic stuff? I am all in.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
It's a variation on some of the first season stuff, yeah?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Open Source Idiom posted:

It's a variation on some of the first season stuff, yeah?

The season 1 posters had the same all-red background, except with a gimp suit and a pregnant woman instead of a satan hand and a baby. The obvious implication is that we're going to follow up on the evil baby Constance took at the end of season 1, who may or may not be the Antichrist.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

haveblue posted:

The season 1 posters had the same all-red background, except with a gimp suit and a pregnant woman instead of a satan hand and a baby. The obvious implication is that we're going to follow up on the evil baby Constance took at the end of season 1, who may or may not be the Antichrist.

Alright this settles it. I'm between series and deciding what to jump into next, first season AHS it is!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
strap in, it's still the best season by far

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

^^ Heck yeah! I powered through the first half so far this week. The end scene from the Halloween two-parter cracked me up, all the ghosts walking back to the house in the morning, reminded me of the old Looney Toons with Sam & Ralph clocking out, disregarding whatever happened in the last 4-1/2 minutes.

That's where I'm at now, so another couple nights and I should be done w that. I'll probably go through the other couple seasons I didn't watch, after that

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm lowkey excited for a sequel tied to Murder House, it's the Coven crossover part of it that feels a bit off to me. Will everyone play two characters? Will it be new characters but set in the same 'universe' or timeline or whatever?

Will Jessica Lange come back???

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

esperterra posted:

Murphy said he asked each of the Coven witches to come back. We don't know who said yes, I'm assuming for random surprises

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It would be really weird to do a spinoff/sequel/whatever of seasons 1 and 3 without Lange (especially if it's going to focus on the antichrist babby bringing about the apocalypse or whatever), I really hope she does come back for this season tho I haven't been missing her as much as I miss Lily Rabe being a regular.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

esperterra posted:

I'm lowkey excited for a sequel tied to Murder House, it's the Coven crossover part of it that feels a bit off to me. Will everyone play two characters? Will it be new characters but set in the same 'universe' or timeline or whatever?

I'm not sure how many would need to play two characters. A lot of the witches didn't survive to the end of coven.

According to wikipedia the main characters of Murder House were:
Connie Britton as Vivien Harmon
Dylan McDermott as Dr. Ben Harmon
Evan Peters as Tate Langdon
Taissa Farmiga as Violet Harmon
Denis O'Hare as Larry Harvey
Jessica Lange as Constance Langdon

I think the only one of those who would be expected to be a Coven survivor is Taissa Farmiga? She played a fairly important character in both series, but a Ghost House sequel could easily sideline her ghost girl since she really wasn't a very interesting ghost.

Sarah Paulson's character survived both series, but there is really no reason for the medium to ever go back to the ghost house so she's clear to just play the witch. Jamie Brewer died in Ghost House without becoming a ghost, so her character wouldn't be in a Ghost House sequel and is free to just play the witch.

The other young witches weren't in Ghost house, so they are fine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Horror_Story:_Murder_House#Cast_and_characters
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Horror_Story:_Coven#Cast_and_characters

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Good point lmao

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
poo poo just got real

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

welp that's a yass from me

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

esperterra posted:

There you go

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Here's a thing

https://twitter.com/AHSFX/status/1026533894189772800

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

:black101:

FX has ordered a tenth season which will presumably air in the year we have a chance to finally escape this hellworld we call reality (2020). Maybe it can be an uplifting sequel to Cult?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Castle Rock is the best season of American Horror Story.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I just learned the guy who had his hand cut off in cult was born a woman.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MrRPMurphy/status/1026876449175695360

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Tenzarin posted:

I just learned the guy who had his hand cut off in cult was born a woman.

That's not just a guy that's Sonny and Cher's kid

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Stevie Nicks? :regd08:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lily Rabe yasssssss

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

esperterra posted:

Lily Rabe yasssssss

Woo and hearing Jessica Lange and Kathy Bates are back just makes me drat excited for this season.

But ugh, more Stevie Nicks's moments to fast forward through.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 7, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lowkey loved the ridiculousness of Stevie Nicks existing as herself in Coven, but then I love a lot about that dumpster fire of a season so I'm in the minority (or actually majority I guess b/c I think Coven is somehow the most popular season??? people rly love watchin fabulous cunts be catty to one another)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There seem to be two entirely disjoint AHS fandoms, one where Coven is the best season and one where it's a disaster, and they only argue about it in places where they unwittingly meet each other.

I thought saying Stevie Nicks was the chief witch was funny as a throwaway pop culture reference but giving her a recurring plot-critical role took it too far and all the humor drained out once she was a regular presence in the house.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

haveblue posted:

There seem to be two entirely disjoint AHS fandoms, one where Coven is the best season and one where it's a disaster, and they only argue about it in places where they unwittingly meet each other.

I thought making Stevie Nicks the chief witch was funny as a throwaway joke but giving her a recurring plot-critical role took it too far and it stopped being funny.

It was cute as a moment where she meets with Misty and stuff after building up Misty's love for Fleetwood Mac and all things Nicks, but yeah lmao I was amazed she was in beyond that. I'm amazed she's coming back. I wonder if it'll be a full on role or just a couple episodes again.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Coven was a disaster of plot points. We got ghosts, we got witch hunter incorporated, we got witches, we got Frankenstein man, we got a main character that has no importance at all. Someone post the cum bubbling gif from coven.

Season 6 was the best season.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Aug 7, 2018

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

esperterra posted:

lowkey loved the ridiculousness of Stevie Nicks existing as herself in Coven, but then I love a lot about that dumpster fire of a season so I'm in the minority (or actually majority I guess b/c I think Coven is somehow the most popular season??? people rly love watchin fabulous cunts be catty to one another)

I'm fine with her being in that season, i just dont need the protracted solo performances. Give me more Jessica Lange singing life on Mars rather than musical guest is on the show better let her belt out her hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Just Chamber posted:

I'm fine with her being in that season, i just dont need the protracted solo performances. Give me more Jessica Lange singing life on Mars rather than musical guest is on the show better let her belt out her hits.

will lol if we get a Nicks performance or at least song per episode

• Locked thread