Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

I actually stopped watching after Coven, and just recently marathoned through all the seasons since then. I guess I'm gonna give it another shot?

Parasol Prophet posted:

Also, in poking around other forums and comment sections on AHS articles, I've noticed that there seem to be two camps of people who watch the show: Those that liked seasons 1 and 2 and thought 6 was kind of a return to form, and those that liked 3-5 but didn't like 6, usually because of the format.

That seems accurate, I'm definitely in the former group, but I know a lot that are in the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Firstborn posted:

Yeah, I agree. The first few episodes and the set-up tend to be good. The payoffs tend to be bad.

The best way I've heard AHS (as well as pretty much all of Ryan Murphy's stuff) described is that it starts really strong, but usually ends up with Ryan Murphy just playing with his "dolls" (favorite actresses).

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

New announcement: Even Peters to play literally every role in the new season.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

We Know Catheters posted:

Is Even Peters related to Evan? 😀

Shutup! Your face is fat!!

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

We Know Catheters posted:

The only bad season was Hotel every season after Asylum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

DrunkPanda posted:

Asylum & Murderhouse were the only seasons of this show that I liked..... Should I give Cult a chance? I like cults in shows in general, so I figure I might like it. But at the same time, the other AHS seasons were so garbage and I don't know if I should use my previous viewing time on this show again

At the moment I'd say you could probably skip it, but AHS can also be a very unpredictable show and it is pretty early in the season so :shrug:

• Locked thread