Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

They are arguing that this isn't a huge increase because 'actually we froze prices in february so its just what it would be now if we didn't do that.' *posts massive profits*. Cunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Olives, pineapple, jalapeños, garlic. Pizza heaven with all the flavour bases covered.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Dominos makes me want to lie on the floor and die after eating it, but then I guess that's half the point of pizza.

Isn't all UK pizza bad? I feel that's a thing

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like to put smoked salmon on my pizza.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

The Italian Autonomists practiced non-violent direct action by refusing to pay for using former public services that had been privatised.
This is looking like an increasingly necessary course if action not just for activists, but for anybody on a low wage who wants to eat regularly.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
How do you stop them disconnecting you though?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Renaissance Robot posted:

How do you stop them disconnecting you though?

They can't disconnect everyone.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

They can't disconnect everyone.
That, basically.

But historically i think it was more public transport that they refused to pay for.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Call it a slightly more organized form of the market at work, if nobody will pay to use your service you have to develop a better service.

Also yeah some stuff you can just nick which is even better.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Bugger, I'm locked into a contract with British gas till next year :( I feel both robbed and cheated.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Who would have guessed British Gas are massive cunts, I know who I won't be having my power provided by now

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/01/british-email-prankster-fools-white-house-officials-into-replying

A suspected British prankster appears to have conned White House officials including Anthony Scaramucci into replying to him after pretending in email correspondence to be several different members of the Trump team.

The man, who goes by the Twitter handle @SINON_REBORN, posed as Jared Kushner well enough to convince homeland security adviser Tom Bossert to reply to him, according to CNN. Bossert included his personal email address in the exchange.

The man also fooled Scaramucci, the White House communications director who was fired on Monday, by pretending to be Reince Priebus, the former Trump administration chief of staff with whom he was believed to be in open warfare.

In a series of emails, the man posing as Priebus baited Scaramucci, accusing him of being “breathtakingly hypocritical” and saying “at no stage have you acted in a way that is remotely classy”.

Scaramucci responded: “You know what you did. We all do. Even today. But rest assured we were prepared. A Man would apologize.”

The heated exchange continued, with the prankster writing: “I can’t believe you are questioning my ethics! The so called ‘Mooch’, who can’t even manage his first week in the White House without leaving upset in his wake. I have nothing to apologize for.”

Scaramucci replied: “Read Shakespeare. Particularly Othello. You are right there. My family is fine by the way and will thrive. I know what you did. No more replies from me.”

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
tricksy liberalsssss

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

learnincurve posted:

Bugger, I'm locked into a contract with British gas till next year :( I feel both robbed and cheated.

Can they jack up your bills mid-contract? I suppose there's a clause somewhere that allows it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i pay for my electricity through bulb who claim to be 100% renewable but idk how that works

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

gently caress privatised utilities

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jose posted:

i pay for my electricity through bulb who claim to be 100% renewable but idk how that works
Through lies and duplicity.

It's like if I bought a bunch of vegetables and a bunch of other people bought some meat and cheese and other stuff and we all threw it in a pot and made a big stew, and I claimed that if you paid me for a bowl then it would be 100% Vegan because the only thing that I paid for to put in the pot was vegetables.

communism bitch posted:

The Italian Autonomists practiced non-violent direct action by refusing to pay for using former public services that had been privatised.
This is looking like an increasingly necessary course if action not just for activists, but for anybody on a low wage who wants to eat regularly.
In rural India they make a lot of biogas at home by putting animal poo poo and yard waste in big plastic drums. That's more practical when you have a lot of space and stuff to feed it, but I bet if you shat in a tupperware and sent it to British Gas they wouldn't like it.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Guavanaut posted:

It's like if I bought a bunch of vegetables and a bunch of other people bought some meat and cheese and other stuff and we all threw it in a pot and made a big stew, and I claimed that if you paid me for a bowl then it would be 100% Vegan because the only thing that I paid for to put in the pot was vegetables.

Is there any way you could make this a pizza analogy instead? (No sweet corn)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/872456868551159808

lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Guavanaut posted:

In rural India they make a lot of biogas at home by putting animal poo poo and yard waste in big plastic drums. That's more practical when you have a lot of space and stuff to feed it, but I bet if you shat in a tupperware and sent it to British Gas they wouldn't like it.

I thought the main selling point about Bulb was just going by the comparison sites they are quite a bit cheaper than your big 6 energy providers, while still being far more expensive than if the provision of energy was handled by the state and the bottom line was no longer the bottom line but "ending energy poverty" & "not fleecing taxpayers", some poo poo like that?

https://twitter.com/ReutersUK/status/891969855716556800

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Pochoclo posted:

The bad thing about pasties is that they're not empanadas. The dough is too thick and stiff, and the filling has too much tuber stuff in it.

Your typical beef empanada will look something like these (please ignore that green stuff ramekin, that's an abomination - empanadas are eaten on their own, except some people who squeeze some lemon into them, but they're outliers):

There's also deep fried empanadas, which are really delicious if done right, but also quite heavy and a bit of a kick on the liver

Empanadas are probably the single most ordered delivery food in Argentina and for good reason - they're convenient and delicious, and in Argentina from a normal empanada neighborhood delivery shop you can get like 10 different flavours - beef, spicy beef, ham & cheese, bacon with cheese and plum, blue cheese and walnuts, and god knows what else really. It's really varied though you wouldn't know from the stuff you get at argentine-themed restaurants here, which is just beef and ham & cheese maybe.

Empanadas are deviant pasties. They make them that shape because of all the Cornish miners (Cousin Jacks) who emigrated in the 18th and 19th centuries.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

learnincurve posted:

locked into a contract that isn't a fixed price deal?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

A few times I got a Greggs cheese and onion pasty at the perfect temperature and it was great. The chicken bakes have gone from reasonable if you can use commando precision timing to get the temperature right to made from the chickens that PETA makes videos about over the past decade though.

I came back to the UK after a decade in That America and experienced Greggs for the first time (I don't think they were a Thing in the south when I left in like 2001).

I wasn't terribly impressed tbh. Give me a Ginsters any time.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

forkboy84 posted:

I thought the main selling point about Bulb was just going by the comparison sites they are quite a bit cheaper than your big 6 energy providers, while still being far more expensive than if the provision of energy was handled by the state and the bottom line was no longer the bottom line but "ending energy poverty" & "not fleecing taxpayers", some poo poo like that?

https://twitter.com/ReutersUK/status/891969855716556800

Freedom in general has an end date. Cool.

I can't wait for the V For Vendetta style fascism.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Mister Adequate posted:

Right I might eat a probie for this, there's nothing I can see in the rules but it feels a little slimy. Fortunately, I am a goon, so I am comfortable enough with slime.

Look short version is I'm marrying a lovely lass from America, and we're now getting close to the point where I gotta shell out $$$ for the visa stuff, traveling to London at least twice (Not a really long way but wanna pay my folks for petrol if possible), shipping stuff, actually flying to America, all that jazz. Our friends and family have done a huge amount to help us already and we can probably squeak through as it is, but I'm gonna throw this GoFundMe out there and see if any UKMT goonpals are feeling generous, help put us in a more secure place.

https://www.gofundme.com/huxandsteph

Anyway that's the only time I'll post it now back to your regular scheduled arguments about food.

Having done that whole dance myself (twice! once in each direction), best of luck!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

feedmegin posted:

I came back to the UK after a decade in That America and experienced Greggs for the first time (I don't think they were a Thing in the south when I left in like 2001).

Ginsters are soggy horseshit. Greggs are crap. Hth

Get a Philps or Chough pasty, grab me one too

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
Ginsters are an abomination.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Mister Adequate posted:

Right I might eat a probie for this, there's nothing I can see in the rules but it feels a little slimy. Fortunately, I am a goon, so I am comfortable enough with slime.

Look short version is I'm marrying a lovely lass from America, and we're now getting close to the point where I gotta shell out $$$ for the visa stuff, traveling to London at least twice (Not a really long way but wanna pay my folks for petrol if possible), shipping stuff, actually flying to America, all that jazz. Our friends and family have done a huge amount to help us already and we can probably squeak through as it is, but I'm gonna throw this GoFundMe out there and see if any UKMT goonpals are feeling generous, help put us in a more secure place.

https://www.gofundme.com/huxandsteph

Anyway that's the only time I'll post it now back to your regular scheduled arguments about food.

What are the tiered rewards for backing this? If I give £100 would you go to a gangland enclave for 24 hours?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

What reward tier is dickpics

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Looke posted:

What reward tier is dickpics

PM jose

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

feedmegin posted:

Can you buy a vaguely warm Ginsters from a choice of seven different shops all within a five minute walk of each other? Can you gently caress.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

You don't want to see the dick pics someone sent me via pm it has a large metal rod sticking out of it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Are we talking more Prince Albert or construction pegs? large metal rod has quite a range.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

sounding rod

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Ask intrinsic field marshal to tell you about "sounding".

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I leaned everything I needed to know about it when I saw a butter knife sticking out of a dick in gbs

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Jose posted:

I leaned everything I needed to know about it when I saw a butter knife sticking out of a dick in gbs

that seems rather unsound

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
if you haven't switched energy suppliers yet here's a reminder to do so. it takes like an hour tops and saves a fortune

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Kokoro Wish posted:

I thought a friends was weird for liking his pizzas with green peppers, jalapenos and pineapple on it. Then I tried it and I will happily have that next to my one with garlic, spinach, parmesan and an egg cracked in the middle of it.

Add pepperonis to the first one and it sounds like one of my favorite pizzas, along with hot sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Is there any way you could make this a pizza analogy instead? (No sweet corn)
I'm hosting a party and because it's a goon party everybody gives me a tenner so I can make an order for a shitload of many different types of delicious greasy pizza. You're a sensitive soul with a dicky tummy so you ask if I can make one of the pizzas a plain cheese without sweetcorn and give me an extra few quid for the trouble of making a special order.

I say "sure buddy, no problem" and pocket the money, but secretly I got off the phone five minutes ago and a plain cheese pizza was already in the order.

• Locked thread