Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jose posted:

I leaned everything I needed to know about it when I saw a butter knife sticking out of a dick in gbs
That sounds practical, you can be holding the bread with one hand and getting the ingredients for your sandwich ready with the other while buttering your bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
https://twitter.com/BIUK_Tech/status/892308560616599552

we need to keep it real

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Guavanaut posted:

That sounds practical, you can be holding the bread with one hand and getting the ingredients for your sandwich ready with the other while buttering your bread.

I just assumed it was the knife part in the Japs eye rather than the handle

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

If you've nothing to hide you've nothing to fear.

Also: lol if you ever try to apply Rudd's standard to Rudd herself, or anybody else in government.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Cerv posted:

locked into a contract that isn't a fixed price deal?

I have literally the worst gas deal in the planet, 25p a day standing charge on a card meter. What happened was two days before I moved in I found out that my kitchen fitters had built a cupboard over the gas meter and that there was a massive dept on it. In order to actually get hot water on before we moved in I had to get the fitters in and the current supplier (BG) out and that was the only deal they have on a card meter. :(

25p a day for the privilege of being able to spend even more money on gas.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
So fake people like limited companies, the Crown, and the Archbishop of Canterbury in the personage of the office would still be allowed encryption, but real people like MPs and British spies would not. It's a strange sentiment but it might work.

WeAreTheRomans posted:

I just assumed it was the knife part in the Japs eye rather than the handle
Well that just sounds terrible.

The Daily Sport calls it a 'chap's eye' now to avoid causing offense. Or rather one specific type of offense. They're still game for buying stock photos and putting "llama bit my bell end and now I'm banned from kid's corner" next to it.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Is IFM the kid brother from E/N who got repeated urinary infections from sticking a bike pump needle up his knob

Because that would explain a lot

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Pls send me Jose

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

MikeCrotch posted:

Is IFM the kid brother from E/N who got repeated urinary infections from sticking a bike pump needle up his knob

no that raises even more questions.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/chris_mandle/status/892319216233320448

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Can't wait for all the weddings I guess I'll be going to in February 2019

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

MikeCrotch posted:

That's not how dick pumps work.

That's not how anything works.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

CoolCab posted:

if you haven't switched energy suppliers yet here's a reminder to do so. it takes like an hour tops and saves a fortune

I went to Ecotricity if anyone needs a recommendation. Have had no issues with them except one time where they went overboard on predicted future charges and ended up refunding me a bunch of money.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Looke posted:

Pls send me Jose

i'm at work so no

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Let's see just how wrong Amber can be...

Amber Rudd posted:

To be very clear - the Government supports strong encryption and has no intention of banning end-to-end encryption. But the inability to gain access to encrypted data in specific and targeted instances - even with a warrant signed by a Secretary of State and a senior judge - is right now severely limiting our agencies' ability to stop terrorist attacks and bring criminals to justice.

I know some will argue that it's impossible to have both - that if a system is end-to-end encrypted then it's impossible ever to access the communication. That might be true in theory.

But the reality is different. Real people often prefer ease of use and a multitude of features to perfect, unbreakable security. So this is not about asking the companies to break encryption or create so called "back doors". Who uses WhatsApp because it is end-to-end encrypted, rather than because it is an incredibly user-friendly and cheap way of staying in touch with friends and family? Companies are constantly making trade-offs between security and "usability", and it is here where our experts believe opportunities may lie.

The Home Secretary there, not understanding encryption, maths, and usability. Because if WhatsApp is already super easy to use and offers end-to-end encryption, like she says, then what exactly is the trade off Facebook are supposed to make here? Does she want them to make WhatsApp poo poo and harder to use if it's going to be encrypted?

Oh man, I joke, but that's exactly what HMG are going to do isn't it? They know they can't ban encryption, so they're going to ask companies to make all their encrypted products difficult and/or unattractive to use. 'sake.

Also, this:

Still Amber Rudd posted:

So, there are options. But they rely on mature conversations between the tech companies and the Government - and they must be confidential.

:doh:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Angepain posted:

Can't wait for all the weddings I guess I'll be going to in February 2019

You're invited to mine as well. It'll probably be in Darwen.

e: loving lol at Rudd wanting the talks about making encryption poo poo to be encrypted. What a dumbass.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Gort posted:

I went to Ecotricity if anyone needs a recommendation. Have had no issues with them except one time where they went overboard on predicted future charges and ended up refunding me a bunch of money.

Seconding. They've done us well. They did the same thing re: predicted charges, but it was totally manageable and I'm currently using the credit I have with them as a nice little savings pot.

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007
Dominos is the best takeaway pizza. Specifically the double decadence crust, with meatballs, ground beef and spicy chicken. When they did sour cream and herbs that was good too. If your pizza is deficient in any of these areas then Dominos is still the best because their garlic dipping sauce is the best.

I have fond memories of Papa Johns pizza in he States, but yeah, gently caress giving that guy money.

Voodoo Rays is the best London only chain (if it is still London only).

But the actual best pizza is getting a large pizza with all the spicy ingredients for £7 at Tabac Pizza and Chicken on How Street in Walthamstow between 11pm and 1am.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Cheap and greasy kebab shop Pizza all the way and gently caress you pineapple lovers you're all tories.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/892330515482783744

Significant harm is okay unless it effects me personally.

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/892331221132468224

Old people are just completely disconnected from day to day life.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Aug 1, 2017

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
They also don't need multiple accounts in the Bahamas but there we go.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Gonzo McFee posted:

Cheap and greasy kebab shop Pizza all the way and gently caress you pineapple lovers you're all tories.

gently caress you i take my chicken tikka super grease-a pizza with pineapples on it.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

That's going too far and you know it. Pineapple on pizza is not fiddling kids.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Miftan posted:

Pineapple on pizza is not fiddling kids.

It's worse.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Barry Foster posted:

Seconding. They've done us well. They did the same thing re: predicted charges, but it was totally manageable and I'm currently using the credit I have with them as a nice little savings pot.

Thirding the Ecotricity recommendation. Dale Vince is an alright guy and owns the local football team (about to play their first ever League game this weekend, thanks Dale!)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

gently caress you i take my chicken tikka super grease-a pizza with pineapples on it.

Typical Tory. gently caress you got mine with pineapple. Disgraceful.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Come on Tess, show the country you care about the little people and smash the CEO's front door in before carting him off to jail for being a gouging dick.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

quote:

Current and former senior civil servants speak of extreme frustration within Whitehall at Mrs May’s handling of Brexit negotiations in the period between last year’s EU referendum and the UK general election in June.
They say that Mrs May tied the hands of Britain’s negotiators with policies devised without proper cabinet consultation, while her inner circle in Downing Street shielded her from “difficult” news from Brussels.
“It has been a completely wasted year while the Tories negotiated with themselves,” said John Kerr, a crossbench peer and former head of the Foreign Office. “There has been a sort of policy paralysis where Number 10 imposed a control freak freeze.”

quote:

Another leading Whitehall figure said: “There should one day be a parliamentary inquiry into what went wrong in the first year. At this point in the negotiation, the [European] Commission and the [EU] Council are significantly ahead of us, and frankly they are astonished.”
Much of the criticism in Whitehall is aimed at Mrs May’s former co-chiefs of staff, Nick Timothy and Fiona Hill, who reportedly took many of the key Brexit decisions in the months following the EU referendum. Whitehall insiders say that Mr Timothy and Ms Hill, who resigned following the general election, often made decisions with little or no consultation with the cabinet.
Ministers point to last year’s Conservative party conference, saying there was little discussion about Mrs May’s conference pledge to trigger Article 50 by the end of March 2017 — even though it was unclear at that stage what kind of Brexit deal Mrs May wanted.
Ministers say they were also not consulted on Mrs May’s conference promise that ending European Court of Justice jurisdiction would be a “red line” in Brexit negotiations — despite the pledge having far-reaching consequences for future EU regulatory co-operation. Mr Timothy is understood to have added the “red line” commitment to Mrs May’s speech.
https://www.ft.com/content/a8f25c62-7218-11e7-aca6-c6bd07df1a3c

just despair at the state of this

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The anarchist case for Brexit was always 'first Brussels, then Westminster'. Looks like it might not happen in that order.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Igiari posted:

If your pizza is deficient in any of these areas then Dominos is still the best because their garlic dipping sauce is the best.

I do like their strategy of "why yes of course our food is good, also here's some pots of sauce to hide the taste just in case our food isn't good which it is of course why would it ever"

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Real people apparently don't need secure personal financial transactions in the information age.

Can't wait for the era of non-encrypted credit card purchases over the internet.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Real people just have their broker take care of all that. :wotwot:

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Igiari posted:

Dominos is the best takeaway pizza. Specifically the double decadence crust, with meatballs, ground beef and spicy chicken. When they did sour cream and herbs that was good too. If your pizza is deficient in any of these areas then Dominos is still the best because their garlic dipping sauce is the best.

I have fond memories of Papa Johns pizza in he States, but yeah, gently caress giving that guy money.

Voodoo Rays is the best London only chain (if it is still London only).

But the actual best pizza is getting a large pizza with all the spicy ingredients for £7 at Tabac Pizza and Chicken on How Street in Walthamstow between 11pm and 1am.

I just remembered how bad papa johns garlic sauce is. It somehow tastes like actual melted butter but not in a good way.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/892330515482783744

Significant harm is okay unless it effects me personally.

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/892331221132468224

Old people are just completely disconnected from day to day life.

Older people are quite happy to lose the jobs they already retired from. They've already earned all they're going to earn and live off the promises given while they were working. They are more likely to own their homes and less likely to have debt.

In short, they are not in any way invested in the economy they are happy to wreck.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

While the whole wanting the talks to be 'encrypted' is laughable, it also has no chance in hell of happening as Google, Facebook, etc have a history of making these kind of discussions be as publicly known about as they legally can get away with. So unless the government is going to impose some form of national security legislation on the talks then the tech companies will be releasing every last detail as its in their own financial interest to do so.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Tory policy has essentially become promises of imposing our will on various companies, countries and reality itself with absolutely no plans on how to do it.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

i think something akin to that scene from ghost ship should happen to old people

except attenborough ofc

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Tory policy has essentially become promises of imposing our will on various companies, countries and reality itself with absolutely no plans on how to do it.

I'm sad the Australian government beat us to literally claiming to outrank the laws of mathematics, we've had to settle for our government just implying it with their actions

Angepain fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Aug 1, 2017

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

hakimashou posted:

Do they actually have good pizza in Britain? I don't think i've ever had pizza the times I was there.

There's a place in the 'pool here run by some lads from Napoli that serves the best pizza I've had anywhere in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

ThomasPaine posted:

I just remembered how bad papa johns garlic sauce is. It somehow tastes like actual melted butter but not in a good way.

This is the best way I've heard it put. That stuff is vile.

• Locked thread