Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Considering a not insignificant part of the Phoenix economy is based on "this poo poo doesn't happen", yeah.

US60 was partly flooded out tonight. I ended up driving through the floodwaters at one point because a) Jeep and b) I forgot my post-root-canal meds at work and didn't realize it until I was already practically at my daughter's school 30 minutes away :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Just over a couple weeks away now!
https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/interactive_map/index.html

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Baby is finally nursing.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Rhyno posted:

My Fitbit died.

Anyone have a fitness tracker recommendation that isn't an Apple watch?

Have you done a warranty claim? My fitbit strap broke after 13 months and they warrantied it and gave me a brand new one of the newer model

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Rhyno posted:

My Fitbit died.

Anyone have a fitness tracker recommendation that isn't an Apple watch?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Stock-IP67-Xiaomi-Band-2-Smart-Bracelet-Heart-Rate-Pulse-Xiaomi-Miband-2-xiaomi-mi-band/32709287616.html
Xiaomi Mi Band 2

£20 and includes a heart rate monitor and a newly-updated app that includes sleep monitoring and the ability to calibrate your teeth brushing (?)

No web integration and social media integration is limited

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Your city was second on the local news here tonight. That must have been a hell of a rainstorm

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Wrar posted:

Baby is finally nursing.

Request for pics of baby pls

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Request for pics of baby pls

Seconded. lovely day already, need cute baby human (or animal) photos to cheer me up.
Thank gently caress its a long weekend coming up.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

My wife made fun of me for having a neckbeard. I have achieved true goon status. :neckbeard: I just don't like shaving for a week or two at a time and have hair that grows all the way down to my chest, ok? That's just loving manly.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Larrymer posted:

My wife made fun of me for having a neckbeard. I have achieved true goon status. :neckbeard: I just don't like shaving for a week or two at a time and have hair that grows all the way down to my chest, ok? That's just loving manly.

Yeah? Well I dislike shaving soooo much that I started laser beard removal. Once completed I will never shave or trim my beard again, on paper that sounds pretty darn manly! :sparkles:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Larrymer posted:

Not a true goon.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

RillAkBea posted:

Yeah? Well I dislike shaving soooo much that I started laser beard removal. Once completed I will never shave or trim my beard again, on paper that sounds pretty darn manly! :sparkles:

I still like growing a beard (sans neck hair) occasionally. It gets cold here in the winter and I need a face jacket sometimes.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

RillAkBea posted:

I would do that for the neck portion, but I like shaving my beard.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

RillAkBea posted:

i really really want to do this on my head and face holy poo poo

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Wrar posted:

Baby is finally nursing.

It is such a relief, especially for mom because they are so bombarded with saying "this is how your body should work" and when it doesn't they get very emotional and depressed. Babby #3 has been nursing like a champ too, which is far different than either of his siblings.

Here is my FOUR DOOR COUPE LIFT/HATCHBACK krautsled for the next couple of days.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

This is a bummer, I'm going on vacation right smack in the middle of the path... tonight. :(

BTW if anyone needs me this weekend I'll be at the motherfucking beach. :D

spog
Aug 7, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I can't find a place locally that will do anything except upper lip and eyebrows.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Somewhat Heroic posted:

It is such a relief, especially for mom because they are so bombarded with saying "this is how your body should work" and when it doesn't they get very emotional and depressed. Babby #3 has been nursing like a champ too, which is far different than either of his siblings.

Here is my FOUR DOOR COUPE LIFT/HATCHBACK krautsled for the next couple of days.

The four-door version of their two-door series that's based on a four-door series. Dammit, Germany.

On the other hand, you don't have to pay for replacement tires for it. :getin:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Your city was second on the local news here tonight. That must have been a hell of a rainstorm

Parts of town got nearly two inches in a timeframe of somewhere under an hour - possibly under a half hour. Rainstorms here tend to dump quick and leave, but they rarely dump rain like this.

This is now three years out of four (2014, 2016, 2017) that have had "one in 100+ year" storms.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

IOwnCalculus posted:

Parts of town got nearly two inches in a timeframe of somewhere under an hour - possibly under a half hour. Rainstorms here tend to dump quick and leave, but they rarely dump rain like this.

This is now three years out of four (2014, 2016, 2017) that have had "one in 100+ year" storms.

Ayup. Town I was in had 5 years out of 7 flood at "one in 250+ years" levels.
But climate change ain't real folks. All our current models are going to be bunk pretty soon.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Returned a hire car (soft roader) today, and the guy complained that the inside was messy. I've had it for three weeks, 3000 miles, and I work outdoors. Not sure what you expected mate. It's not like it was covered in mud, just needed a good hoover and quick wipe.

Good thing he didn't know it had been through puddles deep enough that the bow wave came over the bonnet.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

On the way to lunch, I saw a bricknose f150 nose down in a ditch, frame on the ground. Old rear end conversion van chained to the rear bumper trying to snatch him out.

Came back after lunch, they had quit with the van and gotten a retired, DOT yellow 2500 suburban. I stopped and watched it spin tires. My work truck is a Dodge 5500 utility bucket truck.

I offered to help, and after turning down their suggestions of using my winch (my truck has no winch), using my boom to lift the truck out (LOL seriously), and pulling from the side as they suggested one time (probably would have at least blown the rear tires if I really tried), and being told to put it in 4wd (my truck is not)....I set up like I wanted to at the start, and snatched him right out after breaking their crappy chain twice.

Many cheers were had, and "I'll never say anything bad about your power company again", etc.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

The four-door version of their two-door series that's based on a four-door series. Dammit, Germany.

Even worse, they have the brass to still call it a "coupe". It's almost like words have no meaning.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Darchangel posted:

Even worse, they have the brass to still call it a "coupe". It's almost like words have no meaning.

Don't forget it's a 430, which is a 2.0 displacement engine and the 340 is a 3.0 displacement engine. The 340 is also a four door.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Darchangel posted:

remember when we used to complain about bangle, for years and years? he didnt allow 1/10th the stupid poo poo like this

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Don't forget it's a 430, which is a 2.0 displacement engine and the 340 is a 3.0 displacement engine. The 340 is also a four door.

BraveUlysses posted:

remember when we used to complain about bangle, for years and years? he didnt allow 1/10th the stupid poo poo like this

Is it actually this stupid in Germany, too? surely it's just idiot American marketing twats.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Same worldwide. But the second two numbers being the displacement has been fudged since the e21 '70s at least so it's pretty hard to get worked up about.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

BraveUlysses posted:

Bangle's designs were just ahead of their time, I think they look great now.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Bangle butt still looks like butt

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

BigPaddy posted:

Bangle's designs were just ahead of their time, I think they look great now.

Same and while I know design is subjective I really dig the Bangle stuff. But I also really dig the aggressive new Toyota faces and the new Civic hatch in white is the bee's knees so you may want to take my views with a grain of salt (since internet car dudes seem to hate this stuff)

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Wrar posted:

Bangle butt still looks like butt

True, but that was just the E63 and E65 and I'd never own either anyway. Rest of the Banglecars aren't bad.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Having a safety recall done on my M3. They put me into a loaner 2017 430 gran coupe. Not a terrible looking car. It has the new little turbo 4 pot and 8 speed auto. I'm most impressed with the transmission. Granted I have like 12 miles of experience but it's not awful. The leather and interior is not nearly as refined or nice to touch as the M. Novillo leather is just so soft to touch. It has the Harmon Kardon stereo that is pretty good. Nothing happens power wise below ~2300 RPM.

BMW scrubby non-Novillo interiors after the E90's are cheap garbage and seriously put me off (as if going from a NA V8 to a turbo'd 6 with a stereo noise enhancer wasn't enough).... I actually lol'd when I touched the 'leather' in my buddy's F80 M3 compared to what is in my car, it feels like the vinyl in my dad's 1976 Volvo 240.

Congrats on your new airbag, I too finally got that letter after 2 years of constantly calling BMW NA.

To whoever commented on the free 11 cents worth of tire use, good luck getting any sort of burnoff in that car's 100k mile treadlife tires compared to what SH's used to in his his own. You can't even probably turn the TC off completely in that salesrepmobile. Gran Coupe is french for "We'll sell you $4500 worth of carbon fibre door sills and "M' badges.".

I also broke my own uber record of $98 by taking a $117 uber from Milwaukee to Madison at 3am after United Airlines hosed everything up they possibly could and kept me traveling for 22 hours to get the (not) astonishing distance from LAX to Madison not my actual booked destination for the bargain sum of $740 (airfare only), throw in the $100 I spent in airport bars + the uber charges and it's nearly $1000 --- I could have probably driven the trip in the same amount of time at an average of 85mph or better (easily done in an E92 M3) for $350 in gas (this bitch gets 21mpg at that speed!!) and $100 in cocaine/mountain dew, return it for the same $450 and I'm still ahead.

My favorite part of the day's United Airlines (@united) is A Load of Assbozos fuckups was watching when they let two people with invalid boarding passes for a future date onto an airplane bound from Denver-SFO, and bumped two ticketed and checked in passengers who were late to the gate to accommodate the random unticketed idiots (the paid and ticketed passengers were late to the gate because United hosed up their flight too.) Yay security. theatre. Glad TSA makes me take my sunglasses off at the check in booth but can't read the date on a boarding pass. At least they removed the unticketed passengers after they were on the plane with the chance to leave explosives/knives/whatever on for half an hour. I wish I'd recorded it, twitter and worldstar love that kind of thing.

I know for a fact I could have flown to Paris and driven to the 'Ring in the same amount of less time on a legit airline run by grownups without their dicks so far up their own asses they can get a mouthful of semen when they sneeze.

gently caress United forever. I gave my boy Shady another $40 in cash for his effort. If they ever invent Uber Air, I am all over buying shares.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Uber is a lovely company run by cunts and I lust for it and other unlicensed taxi cab companies to die in a terrible and wonderful manner

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Uber is a lovely company run by cunts and I lust for it and other unlicensed taxi cab companies to die in a terrible and wonderful manner

The problem is most old taxi cab companies are even worse piles of poo poo that have just been getting away with it for 50 years.

It's almost as if capitalism is bad.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Capitalism is the enemy

The proletariat shall rise, comrade

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I just want to vent that my brother in law is a grown rear end man who owns his own house, but is sleeping at his mother's house (with his daughter) because his live in girlfriend totally isn't doing drugs and is totally sane and it's the first of the month and she has her period and her PMDD and it just makes her unbearable for a couple of days. But, even though she called angry and upset that her phone was broken and she needed a new one the day after he bought his and it just turned out to be a hair on the screen and not a crack at all, she's not on drugs and she's not crazy. Oh, and he's just going to marry her to shut her up and then divorce her when the daughter is 18.

Yeah, okay. Oh, and all women are crazy amirite? Ugh. I think he's scared to leave her because he's probably hit her or some poo poo, but whatever. You can't tell him any different; he'll tell us how lovely she is, then when we tell him that he needs to leave her and she's crazy and so on and so forth, he goes and tells HER all that and says that he loves her but his family hates her or some poo poo.

On the upside, I guess, if he plans to marry then divorce when the daughter is 18, he's only got to do this whole "stay somewhere else" bullshit about 670-ish more times.

Needed to vent that for a bit. Going to help change plugs and wires on a OBS F150 tomorrow in exchange for future help on doing them in my 06 F150 (V6, so I don't have to worry about two piece sparkplugs).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whoa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tell him he should buy a gun just in case, and that whole situation will quickly work itself out.

• Locked thread