Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
This one had a better OP, dawg. Now chill out and grab some meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Nah that's too much work

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

If it's really good, and about cars, it can stay as a regular thread though! You should try that.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Cage posted:

It happened though.

Bad OP, didn't even have the month in the name. 0/10. Beep boop hope this computes mr batting robot

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I can't argue with that. It did have better doggo comics.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Seminal Flu posted:

Yeah, but most students only take classes once, so they have Summers off.

FATALITY

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Yup theres east and west and special snowflake texas. Each one has to keep their sine wave steady across the entire thing but are independent of one another in terms of phase.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

:aaaaa:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

God damnit dont make me pull this car over

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I'm down for an AI cook-off. I've been trying to cook more, so some great recipes would help immensely!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Also holy poo poo I just got this server from ebay and I've been trying to learn linux in a trial-by-fire type situation. I installed proxmox on it and then created an ubuntu container and an ubuntu vm with gnome on it and at some point will be dicking around with gns3. Any seasoned linux folk wanna give me some ideas on poo poo to do that will help me learn?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

BigPaddy posted:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/downloads/7.6/LFS-BOOK.pdf

You will learn a lot from doing this, including what true pain is.

This looks awesome. Definitely a good project. Thanks!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Wrar posted:

Oh god my HOA is pissed enough that I had the audacity to park the Gorester on the street for a week while it was nearly 100F and I didn't feel like playing musical cars in my driveway. I don't think work would take too kindly to me storing a bus in the lot (although there is space.)

Glad the Gorester is making friends.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Who's headed down to South Carolina for the path of totality on the 21st? I'm gonna be in Myrtle at my parents' place, and head down 17 south of Georgetown the morning of. If anyone wants to watch the partial stuff through an 8" telescope hit me up :getin:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Im probably gonna hang out in Georgetown on Monday

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Rhyno posted:

As if getting fitness shamed wasn't stupid enough, now people I don't even know are sobriety shaming me.

sounds like a great reason not to get to know them

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Rhyno u care too much about what other people think my dude

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I don't care what other people think, I'm just puzzled why so many people give so much of a gently caress about my life and my decisions.

whats the common denominator?

its you

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

pfft if your programming language doesnt interpret the ascii value

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

you must work for apple or something

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Java gets real mad about it x75 nonce

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Hang in there TT that sucks man

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

:siren: :siren: :siren:

With the vitriol on both sides, I'm banning political chat in AI. This is an automotive subforum of a comedy forum. If you want to talk politics, go to D&D.

Yes, especially in the chat thread.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Anyone play guitar?

I've been using a Yamaha FG800 for the past few months to try and learn some Flamenco and other Spanish riffs. Also been working on Nancy Wilson's intro to Crazy On You. It's rough with the narrow neck of a steel-string acoustic, and the steel strings sure buzz a bunch it's actually because I'm really bad

Anywho, I've been hitting up guitar shops in the area trying out some legit classical guitars recently. This morning I bought me a used Cordoba C7-CE on eBay. I'm so loving stoked :coolfish:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

fridge corn posted:

actually its the only time this thread is interesting in the slightest

Hi please quit talking about politics in AI.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

fridge corn posted:

if your strings are buzzing it may be your action is set too low

You know honestly it may be too high. I've never had it adjusted. I should do that.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

scuz posted:

This. Also the neck might not be 100% straight.

Learning on an electric guitar is also much, much easier because the strings have less tension.

poo poo, this too. Once I get back from the eclipse viewing I'm taking it in to some professional guitar dude.

I've got a really pretty blue electric Les Paul Epiphone that I never use because I just like the classical stuff way more for some reason Hopefully that changes. You can do some really cool stuff with an electric and you're right they're way easier on the hands.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT_n6ZyfluU&t=82s

Did you have a guitar related question or just want to chat?
The action on that Yamaha is terrible. Try getting something with a better action or you could try sanding down the bridge.
Also, get yourself some better strings. I'm a big fan of Martin 80/20 light strings but you could try something like their extra light which is a .010 core.
https://www.martinguitar.com/strings/

Mostly just chatting. This is the first time I've actually played enough to start thinking about better setups.

I've noticed the strings sit super high around the 12th fret. It makes it difficult to play anything with consistency between 11-15 without every other note buzzing, but I chalked that up to me being a new player.

I know absolutely zero about strings, so I'll certainly try those out. I've just been buying the $6 ones.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

As some goon with an R710 sitting on his dining room table, I'm seriously considering your T5500 downstairs mixup, CommieGIR.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

If you press down harder does it stop buzzing?

After getting home and playing it, I'm guessing user error. It's generally when I press down away from the fret accidentally.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Powershift posted:

The only topics allowed in the chat thread:

cooking
catte
crippling depression
dog

Complaining

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

The yardwork. It calls to me.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

:smug:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I'm headed to my parents condo in north myrtle beach tomorrow afternoon. We were planning on Georgetown, but the weather's not lookin great. May have to head towards Greenville.

Thanks for the heads up!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I just saw a total solar eclipse with my own two eyes and it was insane

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Let me say that the difference between 99.9% and totality is night and day. I can see why primitive folk sacrificed virgins and thought their world was ending.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

First day of school :3:

Wow hairstyles are loving weird now says the old man yelling at the cloud

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Shrugs Not Drugs posted:

Maybe it's just trade schools being more conservative or a regional thing or whatever but i didn't notice this. Man buns, hitlerjugens and shovelhead 2.0 is about as weird as dudes got (all awful granted, but not that weird), and I hardly saw anything extraordinary on a woman's head other than a notable (and awesome) resurgence of the ladyfro.

Yeah this. I'm doing nerdy nerdy engineering but the university is like 80% artsy fartsy (VCU) and the engineering building is close to a bunch of residence halls.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Arguing about the finer merits of capitalism and poo poo is dangerously close to politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

ilkhan posted:

Meh. I admit my opinions are different ("terrible") but Adiabatic gets pissed about the tone of the responses, as far as I can tell. I certainly enjoy the debates, most of the time.

Mostly this. It's very difficult to talk about anything politics without people giving drivebys of their opinions and others calling them names and the tone getting nasty real quick. Then I get a bunch of reports about the chat thread yet again devolving into a cesspit of yelling and namecalling.

D&D has a bunch of really good rules they have cultivated over years of trial and error to cut down significantly on this, and they're still the subforum with the most reports.

• Locked thread