Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I drink Amsterdam because it's $16 for a 1.5L bottle and isn't bathtub gin

When I'm feeling spendy I like the Bombay Sapphire, which I don't think is very londony compared to beefeater or whatever that brand is

Juniper is v good tho

Bombay Sapphire is generic, get some Hendricks or to a lesser extent, Botanist or Slingsby. Gin is the latest 'craze' in booze, it seems we're over artisanal beers for the moment which is nice but I loving hate gin so it's lose lose for me. Despite the fact I dislike gin so intensely, Hendricks is noice.

I await the inevitable hot chocolate craze because I am lame and it's going to get cold soon and it seems very few places make an actual slamming hot chocolate like they can on the continent. Give me actual chocolate in my hot chocolate please you cunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

cakesmith handyman posted:

My brother convinced his local that the gin craze would vanish quickly but whisky never goes out of style. It worked, they have a great selection.

Hendricks is an oddity, I've not made my mind up about it, but I only like gin a little so it's not a priority. Picking up another bottle of whisky is as I'd like a choice, nice though this jura is.

Yamazaki 12yr is a good one that my friends and I like quite a bit, the last place I got some was Tesco. In other boozenewz I was out a week or so ago and my lady was getting the round in, I asked for a shot of Suntory Hibiki because I'd never tried it and she returned from the bar looking confused as to why the round cost so much. Turns out The Victoria in Birmingham charges £14 a go on Hibiki... :blush: it was lovely though, far too easy to drink. I'd be broke and wasted in no time on that outside of the fact it was £14 a shot :(

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

fridge corn posted:

all i know is that im going to keep on pirating TV cuz its actually more convenient than paying for it

Things have gotten better in that regard but some stuff is still impossible to get due to licensing issues worldwide. The internet is a global market you morons, if people want something and you're making it impossible to pay for without some degree of difficulty, how can you complain when they just teef it?!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Tomarse posted:

Hot chocolate chat - have you had the Hotel Chocolat chilli one? its awesome (its also really expensive but does feature real chocolate). You've got to make it in a pan on the hob using 100% milk. I will probably have one tonight as I'm clearly lame too! :)

I just want chocolate in my chocolate, I'm a purist at heart. I bought some stuff from a little boutique shop before which was little more than bits of Belgian chocolate to melt up. It was incredible.

• Locked thread