Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

whos this bimbo sheila

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

croikey

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

oh jesus christ

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Is this the part where I post pictures of my microwaved dinners from the frozen section but present it in such a way that I did a lot of work on my meal

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tonight I served my wife some Norwegian kjøttkaker (meat cakes) I had made and when I turned around Rascal had eaten the ones left for me so that was really sad

I had stuffed them full of this Norwegian cheese that is hard to get here and idk why rascal decided to pick up counter surfing tonight of all nights but I guess they were pretty good so

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

gl beating an aussie at being first to something

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

lalalalalala i cant hear u lalalalala

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

keykey posted:

Has anybody here worked for Apple? What's it like? Any positive/negative experiences?

hello

the corporate culture is changing for the negative thanks to the new leadership

you get to make lots of money and you get to work with some really smart + cool people though

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Dagen H posted:

Not emptyquotin'

see also: my saturn threads

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

keykey posted:

Can you give examples of how it is changing for the negative? The position I've been tapped for, which I haven't even said yay or nay to an interview yet, is overseeing Apple store operations within a given region.

Oh holy poo poo dude

Uh I'm going to pm you

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Enourmo posted:

Man I love the poo poo my school emails me/tweets/whatever that's aimed at "normal" students who don't take classes in summer. "20 days til fall semester, better shake the sand out of your hair and start thinking about studying again tee hee!"

Motherfuckers I haven't had a semester off since I came back to school in 2013 and I haven't taken less than 2 classes since summer 2014 when there was only 1 available, don't loving remind me that not all majors have this issue

just remember that you'll probably have a job right out of uni and they probably will not

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i had to retake three classes

two were for when i was in pharmacy school but yeah

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bear country?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Energy is cheap here

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

RillAkBea posted:

Yeah? Well I dislike shaving soooo much that I started laser beard removal. Once completed I will never shave or trim my beard again, on paper that sounds pretty darn manly! :sparkles:

i really really want to do this on my head and face holy poo poo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Uber is a lovely company run by cunts and I lust for it and other unlicensed taxi cab companies to die in a terrible and wonderful manner

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Capitalism is the enemy

The proletariat shall rise, comrade

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ether Frenzy posted:

bonus points if my using uber makes Captain Applefellator here upset about capitalism.

Let's deregulate the taxi industry that'll sow that apple loving gently caress

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm not sure what you're on about other than trying to make yourself look as stupid as possible

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

As someone who purchases things in our capitalistic society and enjoys products that Just Work and have good a e s t h e t i c s I will be among the bourgeoisie who are executed by firing squad, I'm fully aware

Doesn't mean I can't rail against capitalism and super regressive libertarian retards who think private companies will do a better job self regulating and driving prices down due to competition, much like the pharmaceutical industry has done

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Meanwhile at uber HQ

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.c4498f0ddf6e

quote:

Indeed, after a nationwide search that involved copiously combing through binders full of women across corporate America, the company has come up short.

There are a metric fuckton more articles about how terrible uber is whereas Apple just overcharges rich people for things that they don't really need oh nooooo

A fool and his money are soon parted I guess. Thank god I got mine for half off while making $20/hr part time in retail with full health insurance in a lovely third world country that elected an orange goblin for president

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Did Lexus only build like a dozen IS300's with a manual or something?

Most of the people who bought Lexus' weren't interested in the inconvenience of a manual transmission

They have suburban traffic to sit in for an hour ok?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Maybe outsourcing all of our manufacturing to a country that has deregulated everything to the point of poison air, much less employee health and wellness, was a bad idea and totally hasn't been taken advantage of by any other western corporation nosiree :thunk:

I'm not claiming Apple is a spotless lamb but boy is it a whole lot easier to look at the two next to each other and be like "yeah that one is a lot cleaner innit"

Especially considering that their contracted supplier was responsible for overworking their employees instead of hiring more for another shift while Apple treats their actual employees very well

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

What kind of monster wants a car with a 2jz and a fuckin auto?

Meet Richard. He has a $400,000 house, a boat, three cars, and makes $120,000/yr. he is drowning in debt and alcohol and he wants everyone to know he isn't a dirty poor person with no money or personality

So he bought the fanciest looking car that he could roll his previous car loan into and since it's an automatic he can use one hand to properly hide his nips while sitting in traffic in his suburban hellscape

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Also no my name is not Richard thanks everyone for your concern

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yeah I'm still not sure what Apple had to do with me saying "uber can die in a loving fire" other than EF trying to be a smug oval office :capitalism:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm beginning to think you don't understand how anything works at all

Also relying on comparing your car to other people's to gain satisfaction with your life is very sad and I hope you can find something more positive and uplifting sometime soon since you seem to be really mad about getting owned so thoroughly

Namaste, friend

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

That's a big cat

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cage posted:

"You just got thoroughly owned" - A guy who got owned

I didn't get owned what the heck!!

The first person to start measuring dicks in the person who got owned :colbert:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

You Am I posted:

:rip: Glen Campbell. Alzheimers takes another. loving awful disease :(

They're speculating that it's from lead exposure but they haven't done enough research to prove it's true

It makes sense to me tho

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

You Am I posted:

It's a crap shoot with Alzheimers. My dad has it, but he has three older brothers who don't. It's loving horrible, just seeing my father slowly falling away and being unable to stop it happening.

:(

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I got two out of ten on that quiz lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno u care too much about what other people think my dude

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I don't care what other people think, I'm just puzzled why so many people give so much of a gently caress about my life and my decisions.

:justpost: except :justlive:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Error: datatype missmatch. u is string

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Java gets real mad about it u nonce

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cage posted:

I don't know how you guys can afford having so many cars. I have two and I get pissed off at spending twice the gas money/registration/inspections each year.

yeah same. plus whenever I find a $500 car to play around with the missus has a heart attack because to her cars are stressful and annoying and don't have more than one what the gently caress is wrong with you???

since we don't have a large driveway and since I'm starting to care about cars less and less, I don't bring it up anymore

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

scuz posted:

your av still makes me smile and it's been weeks

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

nm posted:

I thought something like this once. Turns out life is expensive as gently caress.

same

the only reason i was able to pay off my 80k in loans is because my mother died and i got her life insurance money

• Locked thread