Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

oh hey look food!

Not enough of your meals feature cheese. Try harder

fridge corn posted:

big veiny droopers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

cakesmith handyman posted:

http://www.vango.co.uk/gb/tents/1051-taiga-600xl-air.html

I didn't have much opportunity to shop around so hopefully this will last a few years. If I'd have known I was going to be spending this much money I'd have bought a used trailer tent

That will definitely last a few years.

You do know you can buy spare poles and patch ripped canvas tho? (my big tent is living proof of this as it is a poo poo design and snaps poles whenever there is any wind)

(I would have offered to get it couriered to you if I'd read the forums thismorning!)

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Rhyno posted:

My Fitbit died.

Anyone have a fitness tracker recommendation that isn't an Apple watch?

Have you done a warranty claim? My fitbit strap broke after 13 months and they warrantied it and gave me a brand new one of the newer model

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I've had a mad busy few months but am now only a couple of hours of doing accounts away from getting 12 days off.

However, I am also currently owed almost 50% of my total expected annual business turnover in outstanding invoices, some of which are now at over 120 days old on 30 day invoices.

95% of my clients are UK government funded schools. Fuckin' excellent work UK...

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Hope it all goes well for you blk

I'm trying to get a Crimp tool for automotive Junior Timer connectors (JT) and for JPT too if possible. I have 3 or 4 different crimp tools already but don't have one for these.

why the gently caress do crimp tools cost so much and why can't I just buy the dies I need?. All the tools seem to use the same size dies so surely they should be interchangeable?

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Bombay Sapphire is generic, get some Hendricks or to a lesser extent, Botanist or Slingsby. Gin is the latest 'craze' in booze, it seems we're over artisanal beers for the moment which is nice but I loving hate gin so it's lose lose for me. Despite the fact I dislike gin so intensely, Hendricks is noice.

I await the inevitable hot chocolate craze because I am lame and it's going to get cold soon and it seems very few places make an actual slamming hot chocolate like they can on the continent. Give me actual chocolate in my hot chocolate please you cunts.

I used to hate gin but then I got turned after discovering that I could turn cheap gin into really really tasty stuff by chucking Damsons into it and then leaving it in the cupboard for 6-12 months (In a week or 2 I shall have a shitload of Damsons available if any of the UK crew want to come get em! good crop this year)

Hot chocolate chat - have you had the Hotel Chocolat chilli one? its awesome (its also really expensive but does feature real chocolate). You've got to make it in a pan on the hob using 100% milk. I will probably have one tonight as I'm clearly lame too! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I just want chocolate in my chocolate, I'm a purist at heart. I bought some stuff from a little boutique shop before which was little more than bits of Belgian chocolate to melt up. It was incredible.

The hotel chocolat stuff is pretty much just grated chocolate too (with optional extra flavours) which is why it is so drat good! They have quite a few cafe's/restaurants now I think so go try it next time you see one.

• Locked thread