Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol "The Mooch" has already been fired.

Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

and :rip: Sam Shepard :(

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

`Nemesis posted:

So uhhh....

Discovery is buying a stake in TEN, the media group that produces Roadkill, Hotrod Garage, Dirt Every Day, etc.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck they're going to ruin it all aren't they

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/discovery-velocity-joint-venture-ten-motor-trend-1202514911/

God I hope not

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Seminal Flu posted:

I saw two SR-71s today. It was a good day.

Nice, I'd love to see one in the flesh one day, but it would require me to do a lot of travelling.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

:rip: Glen Campbell. Alzheimers takes another. loving awful disease :(

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

They're speculating that it's from lead exposure but they haven't done enough research to prove it's true

It makes sense to me tho

It's a crap shoot with Alzheimers. My dad has it, but he has three older brothers who don't. It's loving horrible, just seeing my father slowly falling away and being unable to stop it happening.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

InitialDave posted:

Yeah, I got 8, couple were guesses though. Some pretty obscure stuff there, though some really common ones too, bit odd.

Edit: I'm watching The Sweeney, and it is rubbish. Did they even watch the original show before making this?

Nick Love is a complete hack. He got so upset about the reviews of one of his poo poo movies "Outlaw" that him and a producer had a whinge about it on the DVD commentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5h9ZPBuBEs

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Cool, Edd China and and new Roadkill :)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

KakerMix posted:

indianacarsandmeth.jpg
Fixed that for you.

InitialDave posted:

Met an interesting guy today.

Old guy was properly :corsair:, but still flying.
It's great to see old people still enjoying their hobbies. My uncle is 93 years old and still does gliding (although these days he has to be in a two seater)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Just to add the older family members drama in my family, I found out yesterday that my dad's favourite brother is going into hospital and it looks like he won't be leaving.

Dad would be really upset if it wasn't for his dementia :smith:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bloody heck TT, that's awful :smith:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I had a Sandy Bridge i5 2500K that ran at 4.5GHz since day one. It could do 4.7GHz, but got a little flaky at that speed, and you'd have to reset the BIOS. Gave it to a friend a couple of months ago when I finally built myself a new computer. The i5 was in a massive case and I wanted to move to Micro ATX.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Rhyno posted:

Ha! My friends ex is dating a murderer!

An axe murderer?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I wonder if that movie he did about being a clown at a concentration camp will come out now that he has passed away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Enourmo posted:

Parking was pretty good all over summer and I ForgotTM.

Doesn't help though that they keep adding new buildings without adequately expanding parking first. Also they're now blocking off entrances to garages as soon as capacity bumps up to 100% for the first time, even as there's long streams of cars leaving due to classes changing. So instead of being able to go in and bet on someone leaving so you can gank their spot, absolutely everyone gets funneled to the remaining garages.

I'm just feeling bad and need to vent, that's all.

My workplace went through a huge new buildings program where they were slamming new building on top of what used to be staff parking. Which then pissed off the staff as they had to either park in student areas (and considering the staff parking pass is double the price of the student pass) or having to park off site and use a shuttle bus service. Thankfully for the latest building they have put in a four level underground car park underneath it.

• Locked thread