Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
The oysters and brisket look good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I dislike UPS surepost

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I thought there was something unique about the Texas grid as well. Like its self sufficient or not interconnected to the rest of the nation.

Either way, I only have one choice, a rural electric co-op. Its 10.51c/kwh. They are by far and large the most reliable electric provider I have ever had. The longest/only outage in 3 years lasted 20 minutes. Way better than dominion in VA and RG&E back in NY.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Yeah I would fix it especially if you have someone willing to help and free parts. People hate on Chrysler products like the PT because they aren't worth the money. Being free nullifies that argument.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I have gotten a couple 430i xdrive convertibles as rentals(thanks National). They didn't strike me as bad cars, but the interiors did feel kinda cheapish.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Lets be fair, the rest of the transportation industry uses indentured servitude independent contractors, the taxi industry had it coming eventually, as do the rest of our positions. If you don't like it the best you can do is avoid using it, but your really only screwing the contractor, his overlord CEO is still going to get his share first from the hoards that don't give a poo poo.

Personally, I have never had an uber driver threaten to kill me because the fare from the airport was too short.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Public transportation here sucks buy hey... liquor locker delivers just like a pizza.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Nidhg00670000 posted:

$2k USD (eqv) W124 S500, what could go wrong? I'm still tempted to buy one and just drive it into the ground. Sadly, I'm assuming a lot of poo poo that breaks are show stoppers.

What year? I think the biodegradable wiring harness started in 1994-1995. And I thought the w124 was the e class.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I gotta admit those are nice looking cars, and if I had the space I would be tempted by the cheap ones too.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Glad I live in the united states.

Here if you rob someone, squirt acid in their face, and flee on a moped your going to wind up under the bumper of a Ford Explorer. Or shot from a safe distance.

Its rather sickening to see people saying that criminals have a right to commit crimes freely without fear of capture or punishment because they found a loophole in a policy. gently caress that. Seriously how could you defend someones right to squirt acid in the face of someone else. Guess what, bystanders have already been hurt and will continue to be hurt by this policy. Change it, capture a few, and the rest of them stop because its no longer free from risk.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

No one said that

Wrong. Even when it is clear that causing a police chase will 99% land you in jail no matter what else you did (Skye's Law in NSW), 446 have been charged and sentanced for running from the police. Crims will still run from the police. Most of them run even harder when there is blue lights on their backside and increase the risks to bystanders

What the problem here is that some now seem to have the expectation of reckless engagement in chases for *reasons*. This isnt a movie. Innocents die that way and as I said you cant outrun a radio. There is not this overwhelming need to go lights blazing in a hell for leather chase - there has to be accceptance that a chase has risks and drat big ones. And most usually when it does go wrong it aint the crim who winds up with a bumper in their skull.

Black male, white t shirt is about the same as moped, no plates. It's camouflage for the radio. They don't have your description enough to catch you much less prosecute. And I would rate your law is successful if it put 446 runners in jail.

And no, more often than not, on a motorcycle (which is completely different from a car) its the motorcyclist thats going to die. Especially a moped limited to 30mph.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Thats no excuse to go Dirty Harry or Baby Driver.

Oh for fucks sake how the hell did you read my post and miss the point entirely?

The laws have not stopped people running from the police and they have not stopped collateral damage from runners wiping out bystanders

But they have caught them, which is my point. You can't just rob someone on a stolen moped, take off your helmet and get away scot free because the police aren't allowed to pursue you.

Look, I do think after a certain point chases need to be shut down. Or not pursued at all if your doing 130 mph. Or not pursued if your crime is doing wheelies in downtown Baltimore. Its too much of a risk at that point. But to say you can't pursue a robber on a moped because they aren't wearing a helmet is ridiculously stupid to me. That totally removed all chance of consequence from the crime and its why the problem is getting worse.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
For those of you planning on watching the eclipse through welding masks they need to be shade 12 or darker. Check that before you stare at the sun.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I have seen co workers turned around at the airport for having a DUI on their record. If you really want to go you may want to call the Canadian border services and get a criminal rehabilitation or temporary resident permit.

If you are denied at the border, whatever you do, don't try again until you contact a lawyer up there and have it straightened out. My Father has a permanent ban for not doing that. Also don't even try to lie to them, they can search the FBI database and see if you have even been so much as arrested.

Personally I have a nexus card but even with that they sometimes ask questions. Not like when I was a kid and all you needed was a birth certificate and the only questions were nationality and anything to declare.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Condolences dude.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I think I have my i7 7700k at 5ghz rn but I forget

I just bought a new iMac with that processor. Hoping I get a decade out of this one especially since desktop speed improvements seem to have crawled to a stop.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I got 8 years out of my old 17" MacBook pro core 2 duo, I would still have it if the mainboard didn't fry, so I think 10 should be possible.

The reviews I read of kaby lake vs skylake were fairly negative towards kaby lake as not having any real performance improvement outside of pcie lanes. Besides that, its an imac, I don't think games exist for it, so it will mostly do photo editing, browsing, watching videos, basic poo poo. And look pretty. That 5k screen is fantastic.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
It peaked at like 98% coverage at my house. Crickets chirped, utility light came on, overall neat but I am glad I stayed home. It definitely wasn't viewable without the glasses. My weather station normally reads about 700-900w/m this time of day, it got down to 10 or so.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
For that price I wonder if its been salvaged, or if its really a 4.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

ilkhan posted:

Econ 101 doesn't work
- goons

Let's go bring in additional supplies!
-also goons

We'll donate funds, time, and supplies.
-normal people

You missed the point, they are donating the supplies, not selling them. Its called contributing to society, you should try it sometime.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Thats a nice looking compressor. Back when compressor motors were made in the US. Continuous duty cycle as well. Most are "compressor duty" these days.

Is it wired for the correct voltage, are the contacts in the pressure switch contactor ok, is the start/run capacitor in spec, and was it sold with any issues?

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Forgot about that, maybe the brushes are trashed.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I don't mind a little political chat, it certainly beats speedtest.net chat

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

angryrobots posted:

Brb, taking a screenshot

Only mad because i am on 3/1 DSL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I'm salty because it looks like I'm gonna be stuck with comcast at my new house despite the builders telling me that Verizon was coming (they're not).
What really sucks is that Verizon has hand holes all over the neighborhood, just no service.

I still don't understand how you can get 150Mbps down and only 10 up.

If its anything like Comcast in Richmond you don't quite get 150 down, you just pay for it. A few years ago (maybe 5 now) I lived in an area of Henrico that had FiOS and it was awesome despite having a lower cap. They did tell me at the time that they weren't planning on expanding it unless they got more subsidies.

I have a rural telephone co-op now, they just ran fiber to my house from the road. It goes to some box they buried there that looks like a cooler, and that box has conduit, but no fiber ran to it yet. They said maybe a year before it can actually be switched on. I was shocked that they are actually going to run fiber out here in the first place, more so when they ran it a mile through the woods and across a creek at the dead end of my road. I really like being on the co-op despite slow speeds because they reinvest in customers and the network rather than focus all out on profit and dividends.

When it does get turned on they want $239 a month for 1000/100. So I will probably be on a much lower tier but still so much better. And even the 3/1 beats the satellite my wife and I were stuck with before, it had a laughable 10gb cap for around the same monthly bill.

• Locked thread