Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Uhhh, I made a cast iron skillet pizza last week and it was pretty good.

Also I saw this dude the other day and it was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

GF and I made this for dinner last night

https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/buffalo-chicken-roll-up-bake/b51af6af-4146-4327-a6d9-31f909cb3602

Would use BBQ instead of hot sauce next time, but it was good.

Also $1000 in truck/camping accessories. Fun!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Darchangel posted:

My wife does pepperoni pizza rolls like that. They are tasty.
The filling is basically just chicken, cheese, and hot sauce. But they were pretty good. Doing similar things with pizza toppings would be good too.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

RillAkBea posted:

Yeah? Well I dislike shaving soooo much that I started laser beard removal. Once completed I will never shave or trim my beard again, on paper that sounds pretty darn manly! :sparkles:
I would do that for the neck portion, but I like shaving my beard.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You guys get awfully angry about how people choose to run their lives.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

slurry_curry posted:

Anyone broke into a ls430 before? Keys ended up locked in the trunk and the spare keys are 6 hours away. I would call AAA, but they would probably just wedge the door and I don't want it to get hosed up. I have wedges and lots of tools, I just don't want to gently caress up the weather stripping or the frame of the door. At least we are at my parents house, so we have extra vehicles and everything. I just mostly want my mouth guard, I am so used to sleeping with that thing I don't know if I can even sleep without it.
Have the spare keys overnighted. Its cheap (they're small and lightweight) and quick, especially if you have extra vehicles where you don't need it *now*.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

kimbo305 posted:

drat, only got 6/10:
http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/ford/5709/1980s-car-quiz-how-many-can-you-identify
some tricky ones in there, but tricky in a "oh, I should have known better!" way.
4 out of 10. I just don't care what the engine bay of a 30 year old Ferrari looks like, nor what the hubcaps on a 30 year old Jag looks like, much less *which* Jag it was.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

BraveUlysses posted:

ilkhan approved
Fairly sure the banner is over a different display, but... sure. I know of several high school competition shooting teams around here.

I'm more sad none of those are ARs. I need another one. (No I don't, I need a buckmark and a couple grand worth of mufflers. I already have "enough" ARs and this state loving sucks anyway.)

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Aug 10, 2017

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

What the problem here is that some now seem to have the expectation of reckless engagement in chases for *reasons*. This isnt a movie. Innocents die that way and as I said you cant outrun a radio. There is not this overwhelming need to go lights blazing in a hell for leather chase - there has to be accceptance that a chase has risks and drat big ones. And most usually when it does go wrong it aint the crim who winds up with a bumper in their skull.
You can't out run a radio, but cops are too busy to babysit a residence for a week waiting for them to go home and get arrested. You chase because you have the perp's location already.

And a lot of time a mask and covering your license plate makes the radio irrelevant in the first place. Radio doesn't matter if you don't know where to go in the first place.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Rhyno posted:

GOD drat IT

One of my cats pissed on my jeans. I didn't notice at first and put them on and slipped my phone into my pocket. When I realized they'd been pissed on I yanked them off and soaked them. I realized 5 minutes later my phone was in the pocket so that's awesome.

Guess I'm using the spyware BLU until I can get a new phone.

Edit: NEED NEW PHONE DON'T WANT TO SPEND MONEY BECAUSE I DUMB SUGGEST NOT APPLES
Moto G5

Or refurb pixels are on stupid sale today iirc. Look at Android police for the post.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Sadi posted:

I like other people's cats. Dogs are all cool though.
I agree with this. My dogs are cool. Your dogs are cool. Your cats are cool. My cats are hell demons.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

fridge corn posted:

but that's not how it works at all, at least according to one of the articles posted during this discussion.

the braying for the blood of crims in here is a bit weird and sick tbh. these people don't exist in a vacuum and despite whatevers behind the poor choices someone's made to become a crim, they are still someones child/parent/sibling. there are people who love and care for these people despite their faults and would much rather see them put behind bars where they at least have a chance for rehabilitation rather than a smear on the pavement.

theres been a sudden spike in a particular sort of crime and people have instinctively clutched their pearls and jerked their knees. it's no secret that the police forces in the uk are suffering from a crippling lack of resources and the situation is complex and needs proper assessment. it all sounds a bit like the "pc gone mad" crowd to me
Stop blaming the cops for doing their jobs. Nobody is applauding when purps turn themselves into red smears, we just want the criminals to realize that running isn't a free pass.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

gently caress. Sorry dude

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

if you say "the white race and the male gender are in danger" enough times for long enough you're eventually going to get a lot of people to agree with you
I have no sympathy at all for the actual Nazis, but the last 10 years of being a straight white male and having *everything* be my fault, despite treating everyone equally, being from an area of the country which *never* condoned slaves as far as I know), and not knowing anyone who knew anyone who owned slaves, is really loving tiring.

When the left lumps everyone that isn't a hammer and sickle commie into the same pot, eventually people are gonna say "ok. gently caress you too then." Thus, Trump.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Aug 18, 2017

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

scuz posted:

Imagine that but 200 years and being anything but a straight white male. That should get you on the right path. Edit: oh and instead of "is really loving tiring" it's "and people are trying to kill me or run me out of town."

Source: I'm a straight white male.

edit again: happy birthday STR :toot:
Have you lynched anyone today? Have you run anyone out of town? We stopped punishing people for the sins of their fathers a long time ago.

Unless you want to go back to tribalism you're still wrong.

Wally Joyner posted:

Boo-hoo. As a straight white male, get over it

Edit; +1 to what scuz said. Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY STR!
Cool. So you want 8 years of trump. Got it.

And yes, happy birthday STR.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 18, 2017

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren:

With the vitriol on both sides, I'm banning political chat in AI. This is an automotive subforum of a comedy forum. If you want to talk politics, go to D&D.

Yes, especially in the chat thread.
There's no vitriol on my side, but gladly.

fridge corn posted:

d&d is really bad tho
This is true.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Not politics: my 32GB flash drive does writes at 100MB/s, and I wish the drat thing was bigger than 32GB.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

My desktop is a devil's canyon core that I never overclocked because it doesn't really need it. Actually supcom could use the speed, but shrug. I use the surface book 99% of the time anyway.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Waiting on GF's friend to arrive so we can all go rafting. Waiting sucks. Bringing a whole flotilla for 4 people. Giant raft trampoline, a 3 person raft, plus a water cooler for drinks and snacks.

I did attend a C&C event this morning. Since the mustang is gone I took the bike. Some other dude also had a 17 Ninja650 so we chatted for a while. Good poo poo.

His was white though, and he was jealous of my green/black KRT scheme. He bought through the dealer I tried to, that could never get a KRT in stock. Welp.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

meltie posted:

Yeah, same. Got sick of it a year ago. I got rid of the Miata and the Land Rover and downsized to one car, with an option of borrowing my mates' econobox for when the 190e doesn't want to play ball.

I also set a new rule of "i'll do the work if I can lean over and do it from above; if the work needs a lift, it goes to the mechanic" because gently caress getting under a 27-year-old salted-roads car on stands now that I live by myself and there's no-one to hear me scream.

So I got rid of my Landie-specific tools, and the racks and racks of spare parts for it and the Miata. Emptied nearly an entire room of kit and I don't need a garage any more. All I want to do is drive my little sedan everywhere :v: Downsizing. It's great.

maybe there's a biek in my future
Truck + Tesla + bieks is my limit, unless I win the lotto and can have someone else work on it (then I'll add another truck and go back to owning a Mustang as well). I'm only at truck + 1 bike right now.

2 bikes in the bed and towing a car is about as much as I can move at one time.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

It got slightly darker, and definitely cooler. But way over hyped.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Just got hired at the county hospital burn unit! Hell yeah.

Just want to get off of an ambulance

Congrats dude

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Driving home at rush hour last night, literally watched a dude walk across the street.

It was a 12 lane freeway. Jesus christ.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Ok let me clarify so everyone understands my position:

The Irish are no longer reviled and have blended into "white society" to the point that you do not hear of anti Irish sentiment in the year of our lord 2017

They are no longer held down by socioeconomic setbacks by the white ruling class that hispanics and African Americans are, they are just normal white people. A slur is strong or hateful word against a person who is not a member of the cisgender heterosexual white community. Words against the LGBTQ community can also be called slurs.

All of my family refers to other Irish people as "micks", we all call each other dumbass micks, and the word has been reclaimed except for by Boston Irish people who still think they're persecuted or whatever, I don't know what it's like out there but I doubt they're persecuted

Anyways I made chicken noodle soup and after eating pho and ramen all the time it was a nice change of pace
No guys, it's like black people calling each other N-words, it's totally cool.

monsterzero posted:

You don't work in an SCCM managed environment, do you? I do, and I regularly see windows installs approaching 50Gb (the trick is to store at least three copies of every update/package.) The switch came right after we upgraded a lot of our bottom tier PCs with 64GB SSDs. :negative:
It's always either sys volume info or %windir%\logs for me.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 28, 2017

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Enourmo posted:

Actually, price gouging is desirable, as it drives up prices for scarce resources, ensuring they get distributed in the most efficient manner and enticing entrepreneurs to travel down and provide the supply! Just like in my macroeconomics 101 class!

-an actual hot take that I saw linked on Facebook
Econ 101 doesn't work
- goons

Let's go bring in additional supplies!
-also goons

We'll donate funds, time, and supplies.
-normal people

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

rdb posted:

You missed the point, they are donating the supplies, not selling them. Its called contributing to society, you should try it sometime.
I understood his point. It's still private entities adding supplies to the disaster zone (a good thing).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Enourmo posted:

Goons and other cool people are doing it out of, you know, basic human decency. This shitstain was arguing that charging $100 for a bottle of water in a disaster area is cool and good, because it's profit, and profit is actually the only motivator in an economy.
Oh, I still agree the guy price gouging is a poo poo stain. But the response to that poo poo stain was "this guy is price gouging, lets go and help people not get screwed by the price gouger by bringing supplies" instead of "people need help, lets go bring them help". That was what I was pointing at.

Ether Frenzy posted:

One guy here has a terrible opinion about everything and we have to stop talking about all the grown up topics that grown ups can talk about reasonably and rationally and always have in this forum?
Meh. I admit my opinions are different ("terrible") but Adiabatic gets pissed about the tone of the responses, as far as I can tell. I certainly enjoy the debates, most of the time.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 29, 2017

• Locked thread