Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Calax posted:

He was in TF1

Had a fun little bit about "You change your allegiance like you change your Socks" at the end for a character who doesn't comeback.
And let's not forget his classic "if you kill me, you're bettah; if I kill you, I'm bettah" when said character kept trying to convince him to switch sides. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe
My most remembered thing about Blisk actually relates to his introduction in the IMC campaign of TF1, in which he's extolling the virtues of the Specters as they slaughter unarmed civilians; I can't recall his lines exactly, but I do recall blurting, in an exaggeratedly stupid tone, "Sure thing, Captain Apartheid!" as he ordered the IMC pilots to take out the Militia, which managed to get a laugh out of the other people watching (because we're all boring and had nothing better to do).

E: I guess what I'm trying to say is that Blisk is not terribly memorable as a character except for his South Africanness and being extremely murder prone.

MShadowy fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Aug 3, 2017

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
No character in Titanfall 1 is memorable except Blisk - he may have only had 5 lines, but when 3 of them were better than the average, that's enough. There wasn't much potential competition, inasmuch as he won out over drunk guy, admiral whatshisface, retired warrior brought back to fight, hacker person, and vice admiral robot. He rose to the top of a very, very shallow pool.

For anyone who didn't play it, the way the "story" mode worked in Titanfall 1 was that you played standard multiplayer matches except they had more dialogue from characters on the radio and sometimes some really awesome introductory cutscenes before you got to the fighting. Whichever team won or lost affected the tone of the dialogue, but no events really changed. As an example the first mission is the rebel fleet refuelling at a planet and the IMC intercepting them. If the rebel team wins your support guy is like yeah, we made it off with a ton of fuel, we're set for a month or whatever and is upbeat as you move on to mission 2. If you lose, you "just barely" get enough and move on to mission 2. As such, the NPC dialogue was the 'biggest deal' about playing the campaign playlist.

well, that and the drop pod insert cutscene. that was good.

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Heh, of course the bad guys in Titanfall 2 are South African. As an evil accent it's second only to Boston.

It's not quite that direct. In 1 Blisk was only one of several IMC people yelling about things in your ear and none of the rest had his accent. I believe he was a mercenary retained by the IMC, which would fit with his new crew of mercenaries working with the IMC in 2.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 3, 2017

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Psion posted:

No character in Titanfall 1 is memorable except Blisk - he may have only had 5 lines, but when 3 of them were better than the average, that's enough. There wasn't much potential competition, inasmuch as he won out over drunk guy, admiral whatshisface, retired warrior brought back to fight, hacker person, and vice admiral robot. He rose to the top of a very, very shallow pool.
I challenge you with Spyglass

Should also be noted that the results of the matches basically didn't matter in the campaign either way, because you still had to move the story along. To give you a sense of the intro and outtro, here's the most elaborate ones from the final 'level' of the campaign, the Battle of Demeter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxDms8NUcmk IMC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZUbooSwdlQ Militia

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Calax posted:

I challenge you with Spyglass

vice admiral robot was a contender for second place, but in the end he just wasn't bettah

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Psion posted:

vice admiral robot was a contender for second place, but in the end he just wasn't bettah

Barker (drunk pilot man) returns for TF2.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe

Psion posted:

I certainly can't argue with that; none of the other cast really could hold up.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

TF2 makes good use of the characters in multiplayer as well, you see them in the dropship as the match starts and they talk throughout. Which one you see depends on your chosen faction, which was a nice use of the fiction in the multiplayer.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
I enjoyed the Country Fried Robot in Infinite Warfare.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I like Ethan too, he's used really well through the game even if some of his jokes are a little flat.

Of all the levels of the game this is probably as close as you'll get to what you think of as a Call of Duty campaign. You are in a pretty open area, things are going to poo poo all around you and your only movement options are unenhanced movement. Most of the rest of the game consists of a lot of corridors and near-scripted open areas along with the occasional set piece fight.

This is, however, also where we need to talk about air combat. This game is not a flight simulator by any means, the space ship fighting is kept to a pretty basic difficulty through the game. If you need to track down an enemy fighter you just hold the lock on button and the ship follows them in a near cinematic. If you are being tailed you always have the ability to just stop on a dime and turn around/go backwards so the enemy passes you. If you are up against a big ship you can stay pretty safe by just sniping at it from a distance. Despite being pretty easy on paper, you'll still have pretty difficult missions every now and again, but for the most part if you are in a spaceship you are in for some sort of mindless shoot-em-up fun.

The space stuff was one of the areas where IW really could have stumbled. This is completely new for the series and got a lot of negative attention when the game was first announced. It's a testament to how ambitious the developers were willing to be with this game that it made it into the final product, but it feels like it was tacked on as a value-added concept rather than being a core idea behind the game. The simplistic combat and the minimal time devoted to it in the campaign proper speak to that idea. Still, I would rather have it and increase the length of the campaign by a bit than not have it and feel like the game was too short; for a company that doesn't make space games Infinity Ward did pretty well.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

So where did the MP faction for Marvin: The Robot Put In Charge For 5 Years come from? I don't remember him from TF 1 but I don't remember a lot.

E: Oh my god these russian accents in the IW video... Also are they SCARS or Marines? I'm a little confused.

Quicksilver6 fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 5, 2017

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Quicksilver6 posted:

Also are they SCARS or Marines? I'm a little confused.

They're both now - budget cut backs after the UNSA spent the past ~150 years finally getting the F-35 combat ready and also now able to VTOL into space from a parking lot. The USAF had very exacting standards to meet. These same budget cutbacks also led to the control room for the planet's anti-aerospace guns being built on the first floor of a skyscraper, down the hall from the entrance with no security whatsoever, so that a maintenance guy can just waltz in and single handedly take control. But hey, the game needs a plot device in order to progress so here we are.

That space section was a little abrupt so I can see where the criticism came from, it does feel really out of place and I'm not sure how a Marine gets promoted to captain of a ship or if they're even in the same chain of command to allow that to happen. Every senior officer on the ship was somehow killed though so now we're in charge (despite Salt also having an equal rank to us; I guess we did technically dock first).

Most other COD games have a tank section or equivalent so switching to aircraft seems the next logical progression. Space has the added benefit of not needing to create thousands of square miles of game world for you to fly around in since there would be nothing else near you.

Once the training wheels come off are we able to select what missions we go on? Or is this like every other COD where we're just along for the ride between all the cutscenes?

Psychotic Weasel fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 5, 2017

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Quicksilver6 posted:

So where did the MP faction for Marvin: The Robot Put In Charge For 5 Years come from? I don't remember him from TF 1 but I don't remember a lot.
Technically it's supposed to be the same faction as Barker: the flavour text for it is that Barker, the other MP faction leader and one of three returning characters from 1, went to grab some booze and put this one robot in charge of "waving these guys through" and forgot to check back on it for a few years now. :v:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Salt and Reyes are SCARS (as were the 3 people we played and died as in the intro level) which are part of the navy special ops force specializing in space/zero-g/etc combat So basically space Navy SEALS.

Omar heads the marines, which are more 'ground pounders', shipboard assaults, that sort of thing. They still need the Navy to get them where they're going.

There actually is a relatively robust Wiki for this game, but it's particularly rife with spoilers, but I don't mind using it to help clear up any other questions you guys might have.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

That space section was a little abrupt so I can see where the criticism came from, it does feel really out of place and I'm not sure how a Marine gets promoted to captain of a ship or if they're even in the same chain of command to allow that to happen.

He's Navy Spec-Ops, so he's in the Navy chain of command, (and why he was answering to the Admiral) I'm not sure why he was promoted over Salt(beyond the obvious reason that he's the player avatar) but it sounds like he's got some seniority over her since she was taking direction from him.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 5, 2017

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Quicksilver6 posted:

He was added as free dlc a while back. Also this:

radintorov posted:

Technically it's supposed to be the same faction as Barker: the flavour text for it is that Barker, the other MP faction leader and one of three returning characters from 1, went to grab some booze and put this one robot in charge of "waving these guys through" and forgot to check back on it for a few years now. :v:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I prefer BT over Ethan but that's probably because the addition of a simple prompt to allow you to converse with BT adds a lot to feeling of actually talking with him, whereas all the dialogue in IW is scripted.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

That space section was a little abrupt so I can see where the criticism came from, it does feel really out of place and I'm not sure how a Marine gets promoted to captain of a ship or if they're even in the same chain of command to allow that to happen. Every senior officer on the ship was somehow killed though so now we're in charge (despite Salt also having an equal rank to us; I guess we did technically dock first).

Leader of the Flight Wing being promoted to Captain of the Ship isn't unusual in fiction (at least it happens quite a bit in Wing Commander :v:) (Edit: e;fb) but considering the massive amount of damage the Retribution took by ramming it's probably more surprising that the rest of the bridge crew fared so well. Did you see any crash restraints on the bridge? 'Cause I didn't :colbert:

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Thanks for the info!

This is a very small thing, but I do like how TF has titles like Pilot, Rifleman, or other terms that make sense. Stuff like IW's terrestrial terms and confusing chain of command (navy and marines in an environment with no water) come off as out of place. Maybe it's just me, though.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Quicksilver6 posted:

Thanks for the info!

This is a very small thing, but I do like how TF has titles like Pilot, Rifleman, or other terms that make sense. Stuff like IW's terrestrial terms and confusing chain of command (navy and marines in an environment with no water) come off as out of place. Maybe it's just me, though.

It's a fairly established trope that the navy is in charge of spaceships in SpecFic. I think Stargate's the only one where the Airforce is the one in the lead because they're in charge of the Stargate project anyway?

And I'm pretty sure the Marines wouldn't change their name even if the oceans changed to be made of lava.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

... But why not just make a Department of Space Shoot Mans?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

That's what SATO is, more or less.

SATO(Solar Associated Treaty Organization) is the military arm of the United Nations Space Alliance.

The real question is why SATO has Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines divisions despite not being an American military organization(the answer to that question is that this is a Call of Duty game)

e: I'm reading up on the SDF again and I'm laughing at all the backstory information that I forgot regarding them. They're basically a parody of what Military Fetishists wish the military was like, with liberal amounts of Iron Crosses and Red Army painted on top.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 5, 2017

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Quicksilver6 posted:

... But why not just make a Department of Space Shoot Mans?

Part of the reason it's an established trope is because of early science fiction doing it (Wing Commander's the most notable example I can think of and I know there's fiction that precedes WC doing it) because it makes it easily relatable. Thus even if the organization's name is different (Space Forces) their organizational structure is pretty much Navy.

It's even reinforced by the etymology of the word: a fleet of ships is a Navy, whether they're sea-faring, air-faring, land-crawling or space-going :v:

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Kurieg posted:

It's a fairly established trope that the navy is in charge of spaceships in SpecFic. I think Stargate's the only one where the Airforce is the one in the lead because they're in charge of the Stargate project anyway?

And I'm pretty sure the Marines wouldn't change their name even if the oceans changed to be made of lava.

I think Stargate is generally Air Force because right now they're the primary arm that deals with space in the current era (Where Stargate is positioned). As to Navy? Probably a bit of Romantic Analogue because of the fact that in generalist terms, a Water ship and a Space Ship are both carrying a decent crew and protecting them from an otherwise hostile environment as they traverse from one point to the next. Also, due to the nature of space, it's very easy to just take a bunch of nautical mythos and apply it to Space on a grander scale. So instead of an uncharted island in the Carribian sea... it's an uncharted planet in Sector 4g5sq

And now my head is going off on a tangent about how ships and naval tradition are about exploring the unknown of the seas and what's below them... while our myths about air and flight are about freedom and pushing the boundaries but always coming back home.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I have to say that I'm liking IW so far: I mean, the shooting is still the usual CoD fare especially since we no longer have super powers to mix things up, but I think I would've enjoyed the transition to the space combat since it looks like it's fun. I don't have a lot of hope that I won't be disappointed but for the moment I'm cautiously optimistic.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal
Cool videos. I'm always interested to see new sci-fi, and IW is intriguing. (I'm avoiding the TF2 videos for now because I still need to actually download it and play it myself, which is probably more fun when blind.)

It's definitely pretty dumb that Reyes isn't getting any pushback about declaring that he's still on the ground teams, though. "I'm one failure of good luck away from being killed at any point in time, this is definitely the right call for the newly-minted commander of the not-Galactica." They could definitely have made this Gator fella the random person in the chain of command, and just had Reyes be a well-respected advisor, depending on how much leeway the player actually has to dictate the missions you go on.

Also, is it weird that I kinda want the SDF to win right now? Comparing their competence is just night and day - immediately after a conflict on Europa results in the SDF stealing a superweapon of known, devastating firepower, and namedrops one of their biggest players, SATO go "Eh, I'm sure it's fine" and leave their anti-air batteries basically undefended during the period of time when their entire fleet is within range of them. Even if you didn't think the SDF could rework them to fire at your own ships, you'd surely be expecting an attack of some sort, right? Post extra guards around the AATIS control post, make sure Riah's face is on every screen in the world, come up with contingency plans for your ships to deal with the WMD that the SDF now have control of, that sort of thing.

I mean, I guess they might not actually have known Riah's name and face before, no matter how unlikely that is, but if that's true then they definitely needed to put more work into Cpt. Alder's Most Wanted board. That thing sure didn't make it seem like Riah was a new addition.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I noticed this last video with Ethan's "surprise" being over in about zero seconds but the Olympus showing up is also a surprise for about zero seconds. It's like IW wants to hit these notes but doesn't know how because it's too busy trying to move to the next spectacle at Michael Bay levels of speed. Everyone just reacts too fast to everything.

Michael Bay is probably an accurate model for a lot of what this game does. Certainly in explosion quantity.

the Jackal launch was actually pretty neat but it made me want to go rewatch the Halo Reach Sabre level, and man that was so good. For "FPS with surprise spacefighter sequence," they nailed it in so many ways.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

WFGuy posted:

Also, is it weird that I kinda want the SDF to win right now? Comparing their competence is just night and day - immediately after a conflict on Europa results in the SDF stealing a superweapon of known, devastating firepower, and namedrops one of their biggest players, SATO go "Eh, I'm sure it's fine" and leave their anti-air batteries basically undefended during the period of time when their entire fleet is within range of them.

Fleet Week is pretty much the latest in 'Bureaucracy makes the Military do dumb stuff in the face of a threat and everyone suffers for it' tropes. Also yes it is kinda weird you'd want the SDF to win considering they've immediately gone into Total Warfare and in Geneva of all places (nice ironic touch there at least.)

Psion posted:

I noticed this last video with Ethan's "surprise" being over in about zero seconds but the Olympus showing up is also a surprise for about zero seconds. It's like IW wants to hit these notes but doesn't know how because it's too busy trying to move to the next spectacle at Michael Bay levels of speed. Everyone just reacts too fast to everything.

Ethan wasn't really a surprise, the Olympus Mons was actually a pretty decent one even if it was somewhat sabotaged by a death screen and people going 'i'm getting some strange readings on the shits-gonna-happen-dar.' Mostly the latter though. If you're gonna have a 'DIVE DIVE DIVE HIT THE BURNER'S PILOT' moment you don't telegraph that at all.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Kurieg posted:

e: I'm reading up on the SDF again and I'm laughing at all the backstory information that I forgot regarding them. They're basically a parody of what Military Fetishists wish the military was like, with liberal amounts of Iron Crosses and Red Army painted on top.

How so?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Most of the SDF's backstory comes in 1-2 sentence snippets on the loading screen post death.

• Gun Ownership is Mandatory
  • All male citizens must attend 15 years of military training beginning at age 12, and military service is mandatory for males.
  • There are no women soldiers because they're expected to be popping out babies as a part of a "population growth program" to shore up their numbers (despite the fact that they've apparently got 900% SATO's standing military).
  • People from captured UNSA colonies are worked to death in labor camps because they weren't honorable enough to die fighting.
  • They've got secret police and state run media.
  • Possession of any object of earth origin is illegal
  • The believe that only people born in space can rule space and "victory" means earth being reduced to a dead rock.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
You forgot the most important part: their standard issue Space AK-47 rifle. That's how you know they're the bad guys.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Kurieg posted:

Most of the SDF's backstory comes in 1-2 sentence snippets on the loading screen post death.

• All male citizens must attend 15 years of military training beginning at age 12, and military service is mandatory for males.
  • There are no women soldiers because they're expected to be popping out babies as a part of a "population growth program" to shore up their numbers (despite the fact that they've apparently got 900% SATO's standing military).
  • People from captured UNSA colonies are worked to death in labor camps because they weren't honorable enough to die fighting.
  • The believe that only people born in space can rule space and "victory" means earth being reduced to a dead rock.

Yeah, IW is really bad at creating even straight believable level bad guy organizations these days. The ultranationalists in MW were horrible people and all, but they felt real in an action movie sense as there was at least surface level reasoning for their particular brand of evil. SDF are moustache twirllers who just hate earth and are basically space Stalin era USSR in their domestic policy.

I didn't play Ghosts, but I think the evil coalition in that was similarly uninspired in motivations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Lazyfire posted:

Yeah, IW is really bad at creating even straight believable level bad guy organizations these days.

I think I broke down laughing for about 3 more deaths after I saw the loading screen text about mandatory gun ownership.

I think I described infinite warfare to a friend as "Military Fetishist Strawmen vs the actual military."

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 6, 2017

Gymer
May 30, 2012

Kurieg posted:

Been said before but they sound like a parody of Gundam's Principality of Zeon played completely serious. The 900% SATO's military is a bit weird, even considering everything else so far, is that supposed to be before or after the Geneva attack? If you stretch suspension of disbelief it may mean like 100% of the male pop is serving and they count R&D and drone forces; also they're never getting replacements for they're meatbag loses.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

SDF Split from UNSA in the secession war 30 years before the game starts in whichever year that's supposed to be. Gaining sovereignty over Mars and it's moons. There's been some friction skirmishes going on in the jovian moons but they've apparently been gearing up for the Geneva attack for the past 30 years.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Kurieg posted:

SDF Split from UNSA in the secession war 30 years before the game starts in whichever year that's supposed to be. Gaining sovereignty over Mars and it's moons. There's been some friction skirmishes going on in the jovian moons but they've apparently been gearing up for the Geneva attack for the past 30 years.

That really doesn't explain how they have 900% the manpower as the UNSA - Earth would most definitely have more people living on it than Mars would (we can see from the intro that Mars is still a red, lifeless rock) and presumably Earth would have a considerably larger economy and industrial base. How the intel agencies based on Earth didn't notice the massive Martian fleet being built up it another is another story but I'm sure they could just handwave that away as political interference and incompetence. The 900% just sounds like a made up number designed to shock you.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Because the SATO is still a volunteer military!

That's the given reason.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Psychotic Weasel posted:

You forgot the most important part: their standard issue Space AK-47 rifle. That's how you know they're the bad guys.

spAceK-47

Kurieg posted:

I think I broke down laughing for about 3 more deaths after I saw the loading screen text about mandatory gun ownership.

I think I described infinite warfare to a friend as "Military Fetishist Strawmen vs the actual military."

At least the military fetishists are the bad guys this time.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

That huge percent increase would also include the 12 year olds going through military school and mandatory service. Also the 900% is designed to shock you. A better way would be to let the player puzzle it out through other related numbers, for example: Mars and such has 9% of the population of Earth but 100% of their working force is devoted to the military. Earth's population has 1% of it's working force devoted to the military/SATO. That's a 900% advantage.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 6, 2017

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Psychotic Weasel posted:

That really doesn't explain how they have 900% the manpower as the UNSA - Earth would most definitely have more people living on it than Mars would (we can see from the intro that Mars is still a red, lifeless rock) and presumably Earth would have a considerably larger economy and industrial base. How the intel agencies based on Earth didn't notice the massive Martian fleet being built up it another is another story but I'm sure they could just handwave that away as political interference and incompetence. The 900% just sounds like a made up number designed to shock you.

That's 30 years where they literally kicked all the women out of the work force and onto their backs. 30 years of Duggar levels of breeding from EVERY SINGLE FEMALE OF AGE.

That's a super fast way to ensure your population spikes like crazy.

RE:Ghosts Honestly, the game plays better if you think about it as the player characters are the Bad Guys. Why? Well all that crazy poo poo that the SDF are doing that makes Kurig laugh? The PC, and his brother are basically raised in that sort of military fetishistic environment, with their dad being the type of guy who tells bedtime stories about how AWESOME Spec Ops are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBhdRfJizkc

Literally that... that's the dad telling his kids how awesome they are, before sending them off on a hike to help them eventually become good enough to be Ghosts themselves!

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Kurieg posted:

Because the SATO is still a volunteer military!

That's the given reason.

Holy poo poo we are lazy in the future.

EponymousMrYar posted:

That huge percent increase would also include the 12 year olds going through military school and mandatory service. Also the 900% is designed to shock you. A better way would be to let the player puzzle it out through other related numbers, for example: Mars and such has 9% of the population of Earth but 100% of their working force is devoted to the military. Earth's population has 1% of it's working force devoted to the military/SATO. That's a 900% advantage.
I guess if you start diving into the exact numbers it could sound more plausible, but I think I'm going to stop thinking about it so much as the more you start to look into things the more holes you can poke into the logic and the less fun the game gets. Lt. Reyes & Co just found themselves in the perfect storm, that's all.

Calax posted:

Literally that... that's the dad telling his kids how awesome they are, before sending them off on a hike to help them eventually become good enough to be Ghosts themselves!
Welcome to Space Sparta. You're actually just going to be launched at Saturn's fourth moon (which Google tells me is Dione) with nothing but a knife and a loincloth; if you come back alive after fighting off the space Dire Wolves you'll truly be a Spartan Ghost adult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Welcome to Space Sparta. You're actually just going to be launched at Saturn's fourth moon (which Google tells me is Dione) with nothing but a knife and a loincloth; if you come back alive after fighting off the space Dire Wolves you'll truly be a Spartan Ghost adult.
To be Fair, Ghosts is also the one where everything south of the Rio Grande gangs up and tries to kill 'Murica! Only space stuff is the fact that they stole the orbital weapon from GI Joe Retaliation and had a level where astronauts fight to try to keep it out of South American hands.

And yes, Retaliation came out 9 months before Ghosts.

• Locked thread