Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

So the gimmick for the event is a tribute to the brand they tried to distance themselves from for years?

They're unarguably in a worse spot now. It's one thing to be a hilarious disaster like they were from the early days up to like.. 2014 or so, but now they're in a spot where they're flat out begging fans to remember them, even if it was for the disasters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they're going to re-brand once again as Impact: TNA

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Basic Chunnel posted:

So the gimmick for the event is a tribute to the brand they tried to distance themselves from for years?

how soon we forget the king of the mountain championship

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

[clapping hands emoji between words] BRING BACK THE LEGENDS TITLE

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
https://twitter.com/socaluncensored/status/1226715953292906499

I guess they might as well lean in to being the "controversial" company.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I will defend the Legends Title being a good booking decision that was immediately followed up with a succession of terrible booking decisions.

People wanna see old guys wrestle. Its weird fun and it draws a bit. Give them a title to wrestle for so they're not hogging up prestige or career making berths for your younger guys. But when you're dealing with Russo and Bischoff who can turn pouring water into an exercise in herding cats, it goes to hell pretty quickly.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Legends title was a dumb rear end idea, as was the KotM title or the Global title or that pts and rounds one. They did briefly just call it a TV title and do nothing special with it but at least that got to the idea that they just wanted a midcard title but also kinda didn't. TNA had complicated feelings on the idea.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the Legends title was fine as a vanity belt for Booker T but it got dumb after TNA recognised it as an official company championship

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

In true TNA fashion they'll pay homage to RTC by giving them a theme that doesn't destroy your ears, and have the whole stable be faces

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If Impact hadn't burned every single bridge they'd ever had with other wrestling companies, they could still bring back the World X Cup again, which was a fairly neat idea other than anyone not America or Canada getting pretty well ignored.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

AAA/Mexico mostly dominated the X Cup as far as I remember. Team Canada became mainstays in the main roster but never won an X Cup if I remember right.

It was a very cool idea for the time but I think its kind of antiquated today. Not only do we just have more international talents in the US and more access to wrestling from around the world, but we've had the Cruiserweight Classic, the AAA World Cup, and lots of other stuff along those lines.

I mean, they could still do it and it could be good but it wouldn't be unique or special anymore. It should have been a tradition in TNA and something they could celebrate and lay claim to, but its one of many mistakes they made abandoning it.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

want AEW to counterprogram with an episode of Dark dedicated to the librarians reading the LOLTNA page to the crowd

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah the world x cup was a hoot

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

STAC Goat posted:

AAA/Mexico mostly dominated the X Cup as far as I remember. Team Canada became mainstays in the main roster but never won an X Cup if I remember right.

It was a very cool idea for the time but I think its kind of antiquated today. Not only do we just have more international talents in the US and more access to wrestling from around the world, but we've had the Cruiserweight Classic, the AAA World Cup, and lots of other stuff along those lines.

I mean, they could still do it and it could be good but it wouldn't be unique or special anymore. It should have been a tradition in TNA and something they could celebrate and lay claim to, but its one of many mistakes they made abandoning it.

Didn't they also eventually overcomplicate the X Cup and make it really weird? I feel like the last couple had some weird rules or were just confusing to understand from an outside perspective, but maybe I'm thinking of some other weird thing they did.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

World X Cup 2008 was loving stacked. Check out this elimination match from Victory Road. Puma is TJP under a mask.

Part 1
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x65osd

Part 2

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x65paf

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ganso Bomb posted:

Didn't they also eventually overcomplicate the X Cup and make it really weird? I feel like the last couple had some weird rules or were just confusing to understand from an outside perspective, but maybe I'm thinking of some other weird thing they did.

I don't know but this caused me to remember their G1-like that had Samoa Joe at a negative 13 points, so thank you

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ganso Bomb posted:

It was always a pts based thing. Like 4 man team competes in a mix of tag and singles matches, you get a pt for each win, then 1 ending match with a bunch of pts on the line. I don't think it ever got more complicated than that. It was always the kind of thing you had to kind of book in a contrived way to make sure the last match mattered, but that wasn't really the draw. You weren't watching for the pts system, you were watching for the international talent and good matches.

Its why I think it would be a little antiquated today. You could still get good wrestlers and good matches but you'd probably be more familiar with them today and see plenty of matches at that level easily. The early 2000s was a different time for wrestling and access to it.

You're probably thinking of the Bound For Glory Series which had a... complicated pt system.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Ken Shamrock just announced as this year’s TNA Hall of Fame inductee, so look for him in WWE by the end of the year.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

You're probably thinking of the Bound For Glory Series which had a... complicated pt system.

The point system as such wasn't even that complicated, but TNA managed to completely screw it up by not keeping track of who has how many matches so by the time it was over Gunner had like 20 matches and Steiner only 10.

And then of course there was the booking of Samoa Joe, who (as usual in TNA at that point) was booked like a stupid loser who could not manage a single point earned, and the one time he actually won a match by tapout to earn 10 points, he refused to let go of the hold after the match and the ref reversed the decision to DQ him, leading to Joe ending the BfG series with MINUS 10 POINTS.

Next year, they actually managed the right amount of matches for everyone and had logical booking. Which they ruined by having top 4 guys wrestle in 2 semifinals, with BfG position #4 Jeff Hardy being the one to ultimately win the series.

Same format the next year, but at the least the guy in position #1, AJ, actually won the final.

Not sure if they tried the BfG series again after that year.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
They also had BFG series matches at house shows and then never really mentioned them on air, except sometimes when someone's points were just inflated

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RealFoxy posted:

They also had BFG series matches at house shows and then never really mentioned them on air, except sometimes when someone's points were just inflated

Didn't Samoa Joe or someone else have so many losses they were deep in the negative point range?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
They missed big time by not having Sid on one show, then by the next show he'd have earned fifty thousand points. Then he'd have a match and close the show with a billion points.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

Didn't Samoa Joe or someone else have so many losses they were deep in the negative point range?

It was that he lost, getting 0 points, then got pissed and got DQ'd, hence negative points.

Also lol. It's funny every time.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TNA did Samoa Joe so dirty he went and played video games for an entire summer.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Imagine thinking asking people not to be hurtful is censorship in the year of our dystopia, 2020.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

TNA did Samoa Joe so dirty he went and played video games for an entire summer.

are you saying he hired the ninjas

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
The TNA X Cups showed that TNA could book international talents reasonably well.

COUNTERPOINT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QVhU614yaE

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

dsriggs posted:

The TNA X Cups showed that TNA could book international talents reasonably well.

COUNTERPOINT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QVhU614yaE

That match has been on youtube for literally over a decade.

It has 55,000 views.

TNA!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DJExile posted:

That match has been on youtube for literally over a decade.

It has 55,000 views.

TNA!

If they were smart, they'd put some actual identifiers in the title or description to let you know who any of these people are. I almost didn't click on it because I don't know who the hell Young/Holliday or No Limit are supposed to be. I could only assume Young was David Young – and I was even wrong about that!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

are you saying he hired the ninjas

I'm saying the only upshot to the whole "draw a dick on your face" era joe was him fish hooking scott steiner with what looked to be a multipurpose gardening tool you'd order off of late night infomercials

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

coconono posted:

I'm saying the only upshot to the whole "draw a dick on your face" era joe was him fish hooking scott steiner with what looked to be a multipurpose gardening tool you'd order off of late night infomercials

He claimed he literally killed Scott while holding a "blood stained" sword on some pay-per-view. Scott was back the next impact episode with his face cartoonishly bandaged up like a mummy, and I think was completely uncovered and fine by either the end of the episode or the next one. It was amazing.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The best part about TNA was MMA Dad Jeff Jarrett. Don't even try to convince me otherwise.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

The best part about TNA was MMA Dad Jeff Jarrett. Don't even try to convince me otherwise.

That was legit phenomenal, yeah

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

if this show was just the women, AAA guys and knockoff yokozuna it might actually be good

edit: willie mack & swinger might be spared from the cull. also tessa has to go

Trying fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 12, 2020

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

You can tell they have no plan or idea what to do with Tessa now

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

You can tell they have no plan or idea what to do with Tessa now
All she had to do was not log into twitter and people would be pretty happy that Impact crowned a woman as their main champion. I'd blanked out on most of the bad stuff she ended up doing and would've just been happy and assumed she became a better person if she didn't start trying to deny every bad thing she'd ever done.

I've known Pinkie Sanchez for a long time, how do you gently caress up so much worse than him.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

All she had to do was not log into twitter and people would be pretty happy that Impact crowned a woman as their main champion. I'd blanked out on most of the bad stuff she ended up doing and would've just been happy and assumed she became a better person if she didn't start trying to deny every bad thing she'd ever done.

I've known Pinkie Sanchez for a long time, how do you gently caress up so much worse than him.

I wasn't even talking about the racism - it just seems like their idea was "put the title on Tessa" and they don't have any kind of coherent story to follow.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

I wasn't even talking about the racism - it just seems like their idea was "put the title on Tessa" and they don't have any kind of coherent story to follow.

here I have a plan for TNA:
put the title on Tessa
drop it to Jordynne Grace
She does a bunch of strong poo poo
it rules
everyone claps.

oh this is their plan:
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1227420934614781955

coconono fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Feb 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm not watching or paying attention to what they are doing but all the immediate story should be is "beat a bunch of random dudes and prove it wasn't a fluke." Then build up a serious challenger and beat him too.

The creeper dude is a weird pick but I guess if she runs over him its theoretically on track.