Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
This company is seriously the gift that keeps on giving :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grendels Dad posted:

Nooooo, you jinxed it!

I just feel like this is really it this time. They're on the fuckin' TV Guide channel now, there's no way they get out of this hole.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Taintrunner posted:

I just feel like this is really it this time. They're on the fuckin' TV Guide channel now, there's no way they get out of this hole.

They'll lose TV and become internet only. Its viable.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

coconono posted:

Impact Wrestling, live on hitbox.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
So did he really only do this to get some exposure and cash out? Because lol fair play to him man

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oh that reminds me, their streaming service supposedly starts this week too :lol:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Booze isn't Jeff's only hobby.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

So did he really only do this to get some exposure and cash out? Because lol fair play to him man

No, he did this to be in charge of TNA again. GFW doesn't exist. It has no roster, it runs no shows, it is a few boxes of shirts and trucker hats. TNA didn't give it any publicity or promotion because it does not exist. His only play in this was to get back into TNA and make money as an executive and sometimes wrestler. He's now lost that. Literally everyone is a loser in this situation.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Taintrunner posted:

Didn't they gently caress up the first round of the new GFW belts?

They did them with TNA logos the first time. Better hope they kept them.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

coconono posted:

We Just Need Twitch

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

MassRafTer posted:

No, he did this to be in charge of TNA again. GFW doesn't exist. It has no roster, it runs no shows, it is a few boxes of shirts and trucker hats. TNA didn't give it any publicity or promotion because it does not exist. His only play in this was to get back into TNA and make money as an executive and sometimes wrestler. He's now lost that. Literally everyone is a loser in this situation.

Didn't the Bollywood Boyz sign with WWE back when they were still "GFW tag team champions" and never even bothered dropping the belts?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

Not having any US outlet makes them much less desirable to foreign outlets. The uncertainty before their last two deals cost them in other markets.

Benne posted:

Didn't the Bollywood Boyz sign with WWE back when they were still "GFW tag team champions" and never even bothered dropping the belts?

I believe they weren't the only ones!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Tna will probably stay in business as long as someone thinks they can break into the business by taking over TNAs infrastructure

What's Dixie Carter doing in the Impact Zone?!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

MassRafTer posted:

I'm not sure if competing with your wife to see who can be a bigger public drunken mess is a hobby but who am I to judge people's kinks*

*except coconono

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ahem MRT I am a huge winner in this.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TNA pretended that Jeff Jarrett was going to rehab instead of announcing he was fired

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Imagine the world we would live in if Jeff Jarrett had just dropped the IC belt to Chyna

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lol "too entertaining"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Also, why is Anthem surprised TNA is bleeding money? Did they expect changing the name would shoot ratings and house show buys back up? Even the greatest booker on earth couldn't book a company like TNA out of their funk in half a year.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Also, why is Anthem surprised TNA is bleeding money? Did they expect changing the name would shoot ratings and house show buys back up? Even the greatest booker on earth couldn't book a company like TNA out of their funk in half a year.

About 100% of wrestling promoters think they have the ideas that will actually make money instead of losing their asses.

About 5% of them are right.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Impact Wrestling, live on hitbox.

Twitch Books TNA Impact

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

They thought they could get a paying US TV deal, could use their amazing reputation in the TV business to get overseas deals and run profitable house shows.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

They thought they could get a paying US TV deal, could use their amazing reputation in the TV business to get overseas deals and run profitable house shows.

Is it even a scam if the sucker doesn't even have to be tricked?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Is it even a scam if the sucker doesn't even have to be tricked?

TNA also has value to them because it's cheap programming for their Network, so if they could run it at a small loss it'd be worth it. But they definitely came into this with a warped view of their own abilities and the people they were hiring.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

TNA also has value to them because it's cheap programming for their Network, so if they could run it at a small loss it'd be worth it. But they definitely came into this with a warped view of their own abilities and the people they were hiring.

Why aren't they on anthem anyways

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm pretty sure even TNA's piddly 200K is one of Pop's highest-rated shows, if not its highest. They're probably happy to keep it around for next to nothing with the sweetheart deal they got.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Why aren't they on anthem anyways

Anthem owns the Fight Network in Canada and they are on that network.

Benne posted:

I'm pretty sure even TNA's piddly 200K is one of Pop's highest-rated shows, if not its highest. They're probably happy to keep it around for next to nothing with the sweetheart deal they got.

It brings in zero revenue though so if there's ever anything they can put into that slot they'll make more off of it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

It had a few PPVs

Bobby Roode showed up on them!

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

MassRafTer posted:

Still on crack then?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MattJackson13/status/905567568739450880

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

MassRafTer posted:

It brings in zero revenue though so if there's ever anything they can put into that slot they'll make more off of it.

Cops on Pop. Thursdays 8-10

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I want to be in the timeline where this happens. I want a superkick party iron Man match: whoever hits the most superkicks in 60 minutes wins

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

they probably could

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I was reading something on facebook when I saw this so my mind filled in the name Nick as Nick Smith aka Ulillillia.

I'm 100% certain that Ulillillia could not only buy TNA but would do a much, much better job of booking it.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 7, 2017

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
So who's the next money mark in line?

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

grack posted:

So who's the next money mark in line?

Welcome to Wrestle Circus: IMPACT

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
so like, despite being fired, is Jeff Jarrett the ultimate winner in all of this?

he left tna and made his own phantom company so he could just go back to tna? that was his plan?

what?

w

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bill Goldberg posted:

so like, despite being fired, is Jeff Jarrett the ultimate winner in all of this?

he left tna and made his own phantom company so he could just go back to tna? that was his plan?

what?

w

He made his own phantom company when he couldn't buy TNA. Then he lost a lot of money on it. Eventually Anthem bought TNA and they hired him. In doing so they agreed to use the trademarks for the company he'd started (that doesn't exist.) Before finalizing that deal, he was fired. So other than his TNA salary Jeff got nothing from this other than maybe endangering his good ties with AAA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Benne posted:

It is definitely not the highest rated show. Reruns of the Young and the Restless routinely pull ratings in the 6-700K range or higher, and have even had positive effects on Impacts rating when used as a lead in (similar to COPS reruns back in the day).