Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Eli Drake's career is someone's dad at a barbecue imitating a Rock promo he only vaguely remembers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CarlCX posted:

Eli Drake's career is someone's dad at a barbecue imitating a Rock promo he only vaguely remembers.

This is spot on. It's like if you took Elias's music and anything interesting away from him.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Eli Drake is a decent, entirely unremarkable wrestler which is why it's hilarious that TNA are apparently building around him as their top guy.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Julio Cruz posted:

Eli Drake is a decent, entirely unremarkable wrestler which is why it's hilarious that TNA are apparently building around him as their top guy.

Which means that it's either because this is TNA being TNA or that they genuinely don't have anyone to put in the top spot.

What the gently caress am I saying, it's both

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

TNA had a period where they were desperate to hold onto their most hardcore fans, which was TNAMecca. TNAMecca loved Eli Drake for whatever reason.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

RZApublican posted:

Which means that it's either because this is TNA being TNA or that they genuinely don't have anyone to put in the top spot.

What the gently caress am I saying, it's both

There was a period when it kind of made sense since it was either him or Alberto (:lol:) but now they've brought in Pentagon he's easily their best option.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Eli Drake just has that babyface white bread look that was on top of wrestling for decades and that's probably the only reason he's getting attention, just like how Roode is the idea of the old-school heel.

I don't even think I'd be able to tell Magnus and Eli Drake apart if Magnus didn't have a British accent

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

rare Magic card l00k posted:

TNA had a period where they were desperate to hold onto their most hardcore fans, which was TNAMecca. TNAMecca loved Eli Drake for whatever reason.

I'm assuming it is because he's the one guy that would never leave the company, because where else would he go?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MrBling posted:

I'm assuming it is because he's the one guy that would never leave the company, because where else would he go?
There's been like 30 people that everyone thought would never leave TNA, but they all have. Jeremy loving Borash left TNA for WWE.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

CarlCX posted:

Imitating Macho Man ripping off the Rock.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/screamqueendaff/status/1013894128340480000

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
She's just a mom tho

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yo Rich Swann's hair looks like rear end, y'all.

Also Don Callis said "HE HIT HIM WITH HIS FINISH!" which just sounds dumb as gently caress.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

straight up, Don Callis sucks. Another ECW leftover.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm going to kill don Callis. (Not for real)

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Turns out Konnan's still a good promo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-Qk5czBB1g

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

almost been 2 years since the rise of Aron Rex https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnr5d9WL5eE

Aron Rex posted:

Impact Wrestling's management has done what a few people were scared to do -- give me a microphone on live TV. Now I am not going to stand out here and talk about glass ceilings and brass rings and any other kind of cliche. I am going to do what I always have done and that is come out here and tell the truth. I am going to speak with full disclosure and for those that used to employ me -- don't worry, because this is not about you. This is about something near and dear to my heart, something that I've always put first and foremost in my career: the paying customer, the supporter of professional wrestling, the fans. Over the course of the past five years, me having this philosophy, some people have labeled me too entertaining to receive opportunities to compete for world titles. But remember this, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart, no matter what any majority shareholder, CEO, or authority figure may want you to believe, anyone who has ever set foot in any ring has always worked directly for all of you.

So, Impact, here we are.

Let's talk about opportunity. Now, there are some that are preordained to receive opportunity after opportunity after opportunity and in the process not only is your intelligence insulted but your opinions are thrown out the window. There are others that on an even playing field seize opportunity. Right here on Impact Wrestling, right here in TNA, this is the proving ground where a talent can pass or fail, succeed or not succeed, based on talent alone.

Do we really need proof? I'll give you proof: EC3, Drew Galloway, Bobby Lashley, I mean there's even a guy called Brother Nero that I hear everybody talking about but I haven't met him but he sounds pretty good. You get my point.

When I first came here there was a graphic that said 'he's doing it his way.' This is my way: even playing field, take and sieze opportunity, exercise and realize my full potential. ... But mark my words, my way is simply proving it here. And my way is not only going to change the landscape but is going to change the very template of our industry. And for those of you that know me personally you know I'm telling the truth.

I've been called many names over the years. I'm going to keep it real with you guys -- my name is Aron and as of right now, as of this second, Aron Rex's new home is Impact Wrestling.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I no longer will use a fake name, I will keep it real, I am "fakest sounding name ever"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Someone please talk me out of going to Slammiversary. I fear I might be lost in the sauce.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I try not to give Aron a lot of poo poo because he's a decent dude. Plus he's grifted WWE out of a ton of money. There's an apocryphal story of him and couple of other OVW hands that would show up after WWE shows with tupperware and cart off leftovers at catering.

But wowie zowie was he ever terrible in the ring. Footwork like a newborn giraffe, spacing is always off, no cardio. And this was a dude that Rip Rogers mercilessly broke and reformed multiple times to get him "TV Ready"

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

DLC Inc posted:

almost been 2 years since the rise of Aron Rex https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnr5d9WL5eE

I always forget how insanely bad this promo is

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I was one of the people that thought WWE had wasted an opportunity with him when they released him but turns out not only did they not but they were in fact doing the best they could with what they had to work with in this particular case

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

RIP

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

didnt he not even last a month as "serious person not a gimmick" Aron Rex before going full gay gimmick

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Just a much worse Johnny B Badd

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

didnt he not even last a month as "serious person not a gimmick" Aron Rex before going full gay gimmick

A gimmick he came up with back in WWE and wanted to use but even Vince was like "no"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

when Vince McMahon has to say "look this is a family show" you gotta back down, sorry.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Vince "said the N-word on television" McMahon telling you that your gimmick is inappropriate

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Someone post the awkward kip-up gif

you know the one

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
It's not even the kip-up that's the problem, it's the "ta-da!" pose he strikes afterwards as if what he's just done was in any way impressive.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

If anything Aron Rex did in Tna had been deliberate he would have been a legendary comedy act

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
His MitB briefcase was by far the coolest looking one though.

Wonder what he's up to these days besides doing bad improv with Ryan Nemeth and liking tweets where people ask WWE to bring him back.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1016743868044279809

You know the drill

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

long term == 3 taping weekends?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I legit can't tell anymore if Impact has an actual show or they're just a series of tweets about re-signing people

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Well known that I am not a fan of Tessa's attitude.

But her failure to get to WWE and Deonna passing her by is possibly the greatest result. Her peers Chelsea Green, Britt Baker and Rachael Ellering will likely bypass her too. While Meltzer will continue to push Tessa to WWE? stories until the end of time.

Honestly a tragedy her attitude has held her back this long. I remember people fantasy booking her and Charlotte in NXT. Her talking and Wrestling is WWE main roster level.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, Tessa has burned a lot of bridges. WWE and STARDOM spring to mind. WWE she supposedly got confrontational backstage during the first MYC with the wrong person, and also got caught leaking stuff to Dave.

In STARDOM, she apparently got into a heated confrontation with Kagetsu during one tour, which spilled over into the ring. And on another tour, she apparently bullied another talent touring with the company (Isla Dawn), and the rookies, which rubbed several of the actual roster members the wrong way.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I suspect its partly Tessa being trained not to take any poo poo and the pervasive "you're new here, shut up and learn" attitude wrestling has going. I've yet to hear about her being a poo poo to fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I'd still put Tessa up there with the best American female wrestlers right now. She currently holds 5 title belts and I wouldn't be shocked to see her win the Knockouts title sometime this year.

Her attitude may be poo poo, but her talent is top tier.