Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I can never fully hate Kennedy because he was in what turned out to be Eddie's final match of his life and the ending was so, so perfect

E: 7:09 if it doesn't cue up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

J-Ro posted:

Keeping the proud wrestling t-shirt tradition of loving up a fun design with unnecessary stuff on the back.

Working the indies according to cagematch. I liked the guy too tbh.

This is literally the one time where that's wrong. Seeing the transcript is incredible.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That would legit be a decent shirt if they hadn't put all the poo poo on the back

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Needs to be wearing a chainmail tie

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

DJExile posted:

Kennedy was always fun on the mic but how he did in the ring seemed to depend HARD on who he was in there with. In TNA he had some matches with RVD that were just complete messes, but then had them Bubba Ray and looked fine.

Restart the match! No! Restart the match! No!

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

"Fallah, this isn't when you distract the ref!" made me chuckle.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

grack posted:

Restart the match! No! Restart the match! No!

lmao that chant was incredible

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

DJExile posted:

Victory Road 2011. A PPV so legendarily bad that Sting shoot-pinning a wasted Jeff Hardy in the main event in 90 seconds was the third worst match of the night.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

It's not on YouTube and it PISSES ME OFF

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Calm down Jeff

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I watched YouTube highlights (“”) of the Steiner / Drake tag team and they feature A. The laziest tandem elbow drop I’ve ever seen B. one participant who gives me phantom back pain whenever he takes anything remotely like a bump. Dude is rough out there

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1025190138756902913

Josh on the outro delivers a killer line
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uh06Dp_4jI

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
So did Bob Kapoor jump out of a 1940's anti-Semitic comic strip or what?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

grack posted:

Victory Road 2011. A PPV so legendarily bad that Sting shoot-pinning a wasted Jeff Hardy in the main event in 90 seconds was the third worst match of the night.

Only because the Knockouts tag match thankfully went less than 5 minutes. If that match had gone as long as the Hernandez-Morgan or RVD-Kennedy matches
*shudders*

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

rovert posted:

Josh on the outro delivers a killer line
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uh06Dp_4jI
Hahaha!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Scarlett is...uh, lovely.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

omg lol

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I see the "Impact is really good again, just great wrestling no bullshit" stage lasted about a week. Again.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Julio Cruz posted:

I see the "Impact is really good again, just great wrestling no bullshit" stage lasted about a week. Again.

the WWE writing room would kill their own mothers for a segment that good. no bullshit.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

Half of that is still true, and even one bullshit segment every one or two 2-hour shows is 1) a huge improvement over their own lifetime average output and 2) far preferable to WWE's average output of it every 3-5 hours

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

It’s not good

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
why is someone named scarlett a blonde tho

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

MotU posted:

Bordeaux is also what french call a specific shade of red, so she's basically Moon Moon. Also that was a fine segment.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Are you referring to the smoke show

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

MotU posted:

She used to have red hair.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Tessa rapping along to her banger of a theme is a great touch. Her match against Alisha Edwards was dope.

Edit: good Impact imo.

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Aug 10, 2018

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TNA pulled in 168K viewers for last night's episode. New boom period incoming.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

TNA pulled in 168K viewers for last night's episode. New boom period incoming.

Enjoyed the show. But no one talked about it.

I am a Euro. You Yanks will have to tell me what it was up against.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

rovert posted:

I'm a basic bitch who still pays for cable in 2018 and I couldn't tell you what channel Pop TV is on

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

rovert posted:

It's August so absolutely nothing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

I'm Canadian so I'm not much help but it looks like preseason football, but mostly nothing.

But if this is the number they do against football, they are going to get creamed for the rest of the year.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

pop is on a channel nobody watches showing a product nobody has cared about in a decade. It doesn't matter what's on other channels at the time. Even if it's the NFL, it's the lovely Thursday night game that nobody wants to watch and the players don't want to be in.

E: lmao 2 browns games and the annual Jacksonville-loses-in-London game.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DJExile posted:

pop is on a channel nobody watches showing a product nobody has cared about in a decade. It doesn't matter what's on other channels at the time. Even if it's the NFL, it's the lovely Thursday night game that nobody wants to watch and the players don't want to be in.

E: lmao 2 browns games and the annual Jacksonville-loses-in-London game.

That doesn't explain why they're down 100K viewers from this time last year though, when they were on the same station. They're putting out a better product and have started growing buzz but interest in the weekly show has dropped like a stone.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

That doesn't explain why they're down 100K viewers from this time last year though, when they were on the same station. They're putting out a better product and have started growing buzz but interest in the weekly show has dropped like a stone.

Let's not act like all of why someone might have been turned away from the product is quality-based. This time last year the company had GFW branding, then a month later rebranded back to Impact Wrestling, then a month after that got rid of Jarrett and all GFW connections and titles. In addition to losing roster members, having the name of the drat product you're trying to watch not even stay consistent week to week can be confusing and negative for the average casual viewer

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TNA has had a few flashes of greatness but has usually used those moments to poo poo the bed spectacularly. I imagine most of their viewerbase is only watching to see how they gently caress this one up.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I know Scott D’Amore is a bright dude (and I remember his promos being real good back in the Team Canada days) and if he’s trying to turn Impact around, good for him, but I’m sorry. I just can’t give Impact another chance. I just can’t.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
It doesn't matter at all what Impact is up against. What really matters is their lead in audience, and the audience for the show that followed Impact. As long as Impact does well enough holding viewers, it doesn't matter. The problem is when they lose so many viewers, it's actually better for Pop to grab something cheap from syndication and put it in Impact's slot.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Isn't Impact operating under some system where on any given show it's 1/3 people actually under contract and 2/3 indie workers they bring into film two months of TV in a week? Unless you really love those contracted folks, there's no reason to watch consistently.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm Canadian so I'm not much help but it looks like preseason football, but mostly nothing.

But if this is the number they do against football, they are going to get creamed for the rest of the year.

How can Impact possibly compete with the 2-11 Browns facing off with the 4-9 Broncos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

skaboomizzy posted:

Isn't Impact operating under some system where on any given show it's 1/3 people actually under contract and 2/3 indie workers they bring into film two months of TV in a week? Unless you really love those contracted folks, there's no reason to watch consistently.

Pretty much yeah; their idea is to tie down a core 6-10 talent so that they're always a constant and then have rotating talent so that if they leave it's not damaging.