Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Maxwell Lord posted:

Okay if we can't call Time of Death on this promotion can we at least agree it's entered a permanent vegetative state?

I think they're about to announce a better TV deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

Okay if we can't call Time of Death on this promotion can we at least agree it's entered a permanent vegetative state?

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even Impact may die.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
WWE will die before Impact

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Killer Kross was on Petey Williams’ podcast

Confirmed PWInsider’s report that he requested release, upset that it went public
He liked everyone there and everyone was professional
Intimated that when he signed, he was led to believe there were not other opportunities for him elsewhere. Now that he's learned there are, and he's aware what others in TNA are getting paid, he sought to be paid on that level or be allowed to leave to prove he could draw and earn that money elsewhere
Wants to stay if things can be worked out
Scarlett Bordeaux’s situation is unrelated and worse. She’s living at home with her mom and having to work a second job to make ends meet with what she’s making at TNA

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

TNA paying women like poo poo? Huh, where have i heard that before...

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
So scarlett works at a sunglasses hut?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

A quick glance at the former Mecca loons and, well

quote:

Bloodreign2: Electric Boogaloo
5 minutes ago
I say it this way, if all you are out for is a payday, and worry more about that than helping the company grow, so everyone's payday grows too, then don't let the door hit you in the rear end on the way out.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

back to bottle service

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

"SUFFER FOR YOUR ART!!" I yell from my richly appointed air-conditioned computer cave.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

loooool

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I'm surprised they're not calling for talent to work the shows for free "for the exposure"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

I'm surprised they're not calling for talent to work the shows for free "for the exposure"

this is pretty much what a ton of them did while TNA was still on a TV channel people had actually heard of

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

If I was a guy like Orange Cassidy, who wrestled more as a fun hobby while making money in a white collar job, TNA would be a good place to go. Work twice a month and be on TV? Cool.

I mean not him specifically but someone like that.

Then again the only other person I can think of who wrestles AND has a white collar job on the side is Britt Baker, and she's in AEW so nevermind.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Didn't some woman have to bus herself on a ten hour ride just to be on a taping for the exposure?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Low Desert Punk posted:

At least there's no danger this time that a sunglass hut customer will recognize her

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dr. Baker posted:

Didn't some woman have to bus herself on a ten hour ride just to be on a taping for the exposure?

I wanna say that was MJ Jenkins but I’m not 100% sure

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
It was MJ Jenkins.

Was during the brief time they were running with the MAGA inspired Make Impact Great Again slogan. I think they largely fell it into with MJ but the optics were what they were at the time. Whether IMPACT was shamed into it or not they flew her home.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Ethan Page somehow didn't have this stupid an argument, but if you want to see a stupid argument, he had a debate with Ryan Satin for a bit about how "they didn't have to sign" and "them not keeping quiet about it makes us look bad :smith:"

https://twitter.com/OfficialEGO/status/1139281679074377728

If HHH or Khan gave even a little bit of a poo poo enough to offer even the bare minimum more than what TNA gave him, you know he'd be as surprised as Kross was

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Page is right and being realistic.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Maxwell Lord posted:

I think the post-mortem of TNA will be like trying to define when the Roman empire fell.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Wazzu posted:

I think the post-mortem of TNA will be like trying to define when the Roman empire fell.

So we'll get one half of the former company that devolves into dozens of indies all continuing to use variations on TNA or Impact Wrestling, or GFW, and we'll have another half that keeps going for 1100 more years, but not as an english language production, they will also call themselves Impact Wrestling.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Wazzu posted:

Brother Nero playing the latest Peroxwhygen single on his fiddle while in the background a television tuned to Pursuit just plays static instead of Impact

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Wazzu posted:

the roman empire will never fall ooooo aaah

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

cancer jokes itp

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Ad by Khad posted:

Brother Nero playing the latest Peroxwhygen single on his fiddle while in the background a television tuned to Pursuit just plays static instead of Impact

Excuse me, it’s PeroxWhy?Gen

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

smikey posted:

So we'll get one half of the former company that devolves into dozens of indies all continuing to use variations on TNA or Impact Wrestling, or GFW, and we'll have another half that keeps going for 1100 more years, but not as an english language production, they will also call themselves Impact Wrestling.

A Mexican indie using the impact wrestling name and logos but never getting sued for it because nobody loving cares

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ad by Khad posted:

Pursuit would notice a ratings jump

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
personally I'm waiting for the collaboration between PeroxWhy?Gen and Itchweeed

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

Ad by Khad posted:

Impact Wrestling: the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Impact Wrestling: the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Wrestling booked by William Gibson would be a helluva thing.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1139720529630203904?s=19
https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1139723988265869312?s=19
https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1139724330483367936?s=19
https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1139727450315743233?s=19
https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1139727545333473280?s=19

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1139728199787483136?s=19

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seems like Impact is making a real impact for worst program of the year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Another classic moment in TNA history

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I'm almost sad I missed that. Just hope that the talent (with some exceptions) lands on their feet whatever happens.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

J-Ro posted:

I'm almost sad I missed that. Just hope that the talent (with some exceptions) lands on their feet whatever happens.

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1139732665337122818?s=19

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

i might have to watch impact on twitch for the commercials

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1139735880619319298?s=19

they hosed up a Sandman nostalgia pop lol

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The man known for ONE THING

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

"ya wanna get HARDCORE...ye wanna get EXTREME"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
One time 15 years ago, I was in the front row of NWA TNA watching a hardcore match. I felt a tap on my shoulder and a professional “excuse me, I work here” then Sandman was in my seat drinking a beer and spitting into a dude’s face. He picked my chair up and hopped the rail and started swinging. That’s my Sandman TNA story.