Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RealJeffJarrett/status/893628038990135296

rovert fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/wrestleview/status/893647174378151936

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'm the very large candy cane man

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I can’t believe they outdrew Smackdown Live

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Luigi Thirty posted:

I can’t believe they outdrew Smackdown Live

I can't believe they outlasted Talking Smack.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RealJeffJarrett/status/893935175494664196

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

I wonder if Jarrett constantly books shows in baseball arenas just to watch some free games.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
They had ONE day of not booking dumb venues before remembering which company they were.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dsriggs posted:

They had ONE day of not booking dumb venues before remembering which company they were.

One of these days he's going to find the gold Jimmy Hoffa was buried with, if he keeps it up

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

[quote="“dsriggs”" post="“475075726”"]
[/quote]

They’re sold shows. Though last time their stadium world tour still got canned halfway through for poor ticket sales.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The fact this company still exists proves there is no God

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

facebook jihad posted:

actually the company could only exist by the grace of God, just not a just and loving one

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

facebook jihad posted:

TNA is dead sooooooooooooooooooooo

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

MotU posted:

actually the company could only exist by the grace of God, just not a just and loving one

my money's on some flavor of trickster deity, like Q if Q spent decades marinating his body with liquor, semi-licit Russian horse medicine, and comically huge piles of cocaine

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

MotU posted:

Could God build a company even He couldn't kill?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

It was reported last week that Brandi Rhodes had parted ways with Global Force Wrestling after joining the company last year. According to F4WOnline.com, she left after the company granted her request to be released from her contract.

On her own, Rhodes landed a gig on a non-wrestling television show in Atlanta, Georgia and GFW wanted a percentage of her earnings. She refused and asked for her release.

Rhodes plans to continue wrestling for Ring of Honor and various independent promotions.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chris James 2 posted:

On her own, Rhodes landed a gig on a non-wrestling television show in Atlanta, Georgia and GFW wanted a percentage of her earnings.

Oh my loving God :cripes:

This is like Vince McMahon showing up at a TV studio and demanding royalties from confused executives because they'd used Dwayne Johnson in something.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my loving God :cripes:

This is like Vince McMahon showing up at a TV studio and demanding royalties from confused executives because they'd used Dwayne Johnson in something.

that's why they have the wwe films division for this exact sort of scenario

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

exploded mummy posted:

When do we get GFW films?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Like Magnus said, how could you have any respect for yourself as a performer and sign the new GFW contracts? Give them 100% of your merch rights plus they control your bookings and want a cut of it. All for the privilege of being on POP TV on a show no one watches and/or even discusses online at this point. To sign that type of contract, you must consider yourself unemployable by every other wrestling promotion in the world. You must completely, totally loving suck and know it in the core of your very soul and/or be one of the absolute biggest dumbasses alive.

So is that the type of contract Moose just signed an extension for?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tato posted:

Like Magnus said, how could you have any respect for yourself as a performer and sign the new GFW contracts? Give them 100% of your merch rights plus they control your bookings and want a cut of it. All for the privilege of being on POP TV on a show no one watches and/or even discusses online at this point. To sign that type of contract, you must consider yourself unemployable by every other wrestling promotion in the world. You must completely, totally loving suck and know it in the core of your very soul and/or be one of the absolute biggest dumbasses alive.

So is that the type of contract Moose just signed an extension for?

For 3 years, yes

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Why are the GFW contracts this bad? Are they just that desperate to make any kind of money off this company that they have to screw over everyone who works there? Well, screw them more than before.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Rhonne posted:

Why are the GFW contracts this bad? Are they just that desperate to make any kind of money off this company that they have to screw over everyone who works there? Well, screw them more than before.

They barely run house shows and they barely get any tv revenue

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rhonne posted:

You do realize that Vince got money from movies wrestlers were in while they were under contract.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah but the difference is vince pays wrestlers in money and not boneless steaks

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

exploded mummy posted:

Yeah but at least WWE also has money in the projects there. loving hell.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Endorph posted:

yeah but the difference is vince pays wrestlers in money and not boneless steaks

I'm sure TNA/Impact/GFW pays their wrestlers in global force gold, which in the world of declining fiat currency is even better than money

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah but at least WWE also has money in the projects there. loving hell.

Vince didn't have any money in The Scorpion King or the Rundown.

We've heard so many stories from guys who leave WWE and say it was so hard to take outside projects, let's not pretend TNA is any shittier here.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

We've heard so many stories from guys who leave WWE and say it was so hard to take outside projects, let's not pretend TNA is any shittier here.

Did Vince try to get money from those? That's a sincere question.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Did Vince try to get money from those? That's a sincere question.

Yes, he got a cut and a Producer credit.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

For me the difference is that WWE is directly responsible for Rock and anybody else who gets movies' initial fame.

Ain't nobody gettin' hired in Hollywood because they blew minds in TNA or GFW or WTF or whatever they call themselves now.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So they're getting to the point where they're demanding money from your regular 9-5 job.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Testekill posted:

So they're getting to the point where they're demanding money from your regular 9-5 job.

Of course, those guys only get their highly paid Sunglass Hut jobs at the Florida Mall because they are employed by TNGFAW, so naturally they deserve a cut.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Did they get to film at Universal for free as they were an 'attraction' to the park, or do they have to pay to go in there? Did actual fans have to buy a Universal ticket to go to Impact?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

keithy george posted:

Did they get to film at Universal for free as they were an 'attraction' to the park, or do they have to pay to go in there? Did actual fans have to buy a Universal ticket to go to Impact?

Yes
No
Yes

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

https://twitter.com/realsport101/status/894986643404451842

Bahahahahahaha

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

lmao what? Didn't they boot his stupid rear end for wrestling in his dumb suit?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Well yes but you see he wore the suit in protest over being forced to work a date in Fukushima, and he double pinkie swears he quit and they didn't fire him over it.

quote:

“So, it was, to me, it was my silent protest by leaving New Japan, and it wasn’t in the sense that I’m a ‘hitman’, it was in the sense that, I’m ‘The Professional’. This is my last time here, I’m going out with a bang, but I’m doing it in a fashion that everyone is going to respect it.”

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
[thoughtfully] I didn't respect it, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

a yes The Professional who explicitly disobeyed the guys paying him