Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

That story really undersells that Dave Crist had his brother turn against him in the locker room and somehow he remained employed.

I was wondering how he ended up in CancelCulture and what happened to oVe.

I think that's Jake. Jake is the blonde. I think.

you're right, it is Jake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

when loving Sami Callihan says "whoa, you're too much, I can't have you in my group" then you know you're a massive piece of poo poo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

when loving Sami Callihan says "whoa, you're too much, I can't have you in my group" then you know you're a massive piece of poo poo

I was just gonna say, good lord :stare:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yeah, this is the part that struck me as well. Sami Callihan being a voice of reason is throwing me off. I mean, broken clock yadda yadda but god drat. How low do you have to go to be shunned by Sami Callihan?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

For real. That's a dude who winged Eddie Edwards right in the face with a bat and then turned it into an angle.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

And especially since that whole central Ohio crew has been insanely tight for like a decade.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

His. Brother.

Hell, his sister in law is in Impact. That's so weird. And like, Swann has some kind of familial history with those guys too.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Dave Crist stuff probably has the biggest impact for me because when I went to the Naito Takes Dayton show that Revolver did, we got in early and sat amongst the crowd for 60-90 mins before the show started while people did meet and greets with Naito and Dave Crist sat right in front of us in the first row shooting the poo poo with everyone in the crowd for like an hour.

He was pretty funny, charismatic, seemed super nice. Didn’t say or do anything inappropriate and at the time I remember being genuinely surprised how okay he seemed.

So I have the most direct understanding as to how that guy could do what he did for so long because I can see how people would gravitate toward him or feel comfortable around him.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1275255511710040067

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wow

Legit happily impressed to see Elgin punished

ed: Though I agree most with the post below me vv

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jun 23, 2020

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Nothing Impact does means poo poo until they remove the serial predators and harassers at the top.

Firing rapists doesn't deserve praise and they knew about Elgin for months.

Psychepath fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 23, 2020

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The dude is so garbage his own goddamn brother dumpstered him

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah I'm not gonna pat them on the back yet. Getting rid of the worst/most prolific offenders is just doing the bare minimum.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I know it's different ownership, but in the past Impact has "suspended" people immediately after taping, and then ended the suspension just in time for them to be on the next set of tapings. Elign's been a shithead for years, just fire him.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

sportsgenius86 posted:

The Dave Crist stuff probably has the biggest impact for me ....

Likewise. I hung out with Dave for about 30 mins after a show and had the same impression. Spent a lot of time yesterday thinking about it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Since tonight's Impact was taped in advance, they made edits. There was a match with Crazzy Steve and two mystery partners against Cancel Culture (Joey Ryan, Jake Crist and RVD); that's obviously not airing

They don't know how they're going to handle the Elgin footage since that was part of their main event program for the upcoming PPV

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

They don't know how they're going to handle the Elgin footage since that was part of their main event program for the upcoming PPV
Haven't they already had to blur someone out of pre-taped footage due to a contract snafu? Just do that again and redub his voice and all the commentary so he's the PHANTOM BLUR that's come to reduce the world to a fuzzy pixelated mess.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Put a blue dot over him and put him over as the return of Christian Cage

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What's the Blue Dot doing in the Impact Zone!?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I made a specific thread to discuss the Lowtax situation and what might happen to Fight Island

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jun 25, 2020

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
If TNA outlives this forum I'm going to lol so hard.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

If TNA outlives this forum I'm going to lol so hard.

Not only is TNA going to, Fark is going to

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chris James 2 posted:

Not only is TNA going to, Fark is going to

Who would step in and be SA's equivalent to Billy Corgan trying to buy a dying TNA? eBaum?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

overmind2000 posted:

Who would step in and be SA's equivalent to Billy Corgan trying to buy a dying TNA? eBaum?

Smash Mouth

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

overmind2000 posted:

Neil Cicierega.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pinche Rudo posted:

Smash Mouth

J-Ro posted:

Neil Cicierega.

A bidding war between them is really the only sane way SA can end

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

overmind2000 posted:

Why would eBaum buy something when he can just steal & copy it?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

overmind2000 posted:

Uwe Boll's brother.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They barely finished editing the episode

PWInsider posted:

As noted, Impact had to edit Joey Ryan out of the show after he was released due to allegations from the "#SpeakingOut" movement on social media. It was noted that things came down to the wire as Impact officials made it just in time to deliver the episode to AXS.

The situation was described as "another 30 minutes and we wouldn't have been on the air, at all."

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/1276337501028966400

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

wow

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
E: From the PWI article

quote:

Relations between Blanchard and Impact had become increasingly icy in recent weeks, especially after Blanchard did not send promos from Mexico (where she has been residing) for the 6/1 episode of Impact on AXS. That footage was slated to have been edited into a sit-down interview conducted by Josh Mathews “via satellite.” When that material was not received, Impact had to re-edit the episode with other content and have host segments of the show changed and new voiceovers cut.

Impact sources cite that there were attempts made to get Blanchard to return and drop the title but that the two sides were not able to come to terms, leading to Impact opting to cut bait and move forward.

I for one am shocked that putting the belt on a racist bully who is notorious for not playing ball didn't work out for them

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Impact, still just casually having their world champion's contracts set to expire before the next PPV. Amazing.

Tessa's awful for her own reasons but Impact is really showing its whole dysfunctional rear end yet again.

Psychepath fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 26, 2020

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Maigius posted:

With all of TNA's issues, how many champs have been fired at the end of or during their reigns?

[url]https://%5Burl=https://twitter.com/trevordame/status/1276346386854756352?s=21%5D%5B/url%5D[/url]

Dacap fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jun 26, 2020

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Congrats to Sami for being TNA's franchise player

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

Will he sign a multi-year contract now?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

IronCladBurrito posted:

Will he sign a multi-year contract now?

Carry brand into future

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/snoringelbow/status/1276350100504145922
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1276350509700481025

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

No way she's got another few decades at the rate companies have moved on from her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Chris James 2 posted:

No way she's got another few decades at the rate companies have moved on from her

also a lucha libre tradition