Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

overmind2000 posted:

Ship of Theseus but it's a wrestling promotion

fuckin lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/machinegunka/status/1278385473287839746?s=21

lol, swerved

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
This strikes me more as a smoke screen. They're probably still going to Impact, just using this to try to fool people.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

To be honest at this stage I just assume WWE, AEW, and TNA wrestlers just bump into each other while doing maskless grocery shopping because Southern Florida is the center of the wrestling world.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

not sure you can call it a chance meeting when it looks like gallows had to take a covid test

but anyway i'm thinking its just for a pod

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

To be honest at this stage I just assume WWE, AEW, and TNA wrestlers just bump into each other while doing maskless grocery shopping because Southern Florida is the center of the wrestling world.
Ah yes, famed southern Florida city, Jacksonville.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Endless Mike posted:

Ah yes, famed southern Florida city, Jacksonville.

I'm bad at geography and am afraid of hurricanes and gators (and Florida in general). Mea culpa. That joke flopped bad.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

overmind2000 posted:

Ship of Theseus but it's a wrestling promotion

Grendels Dad posted:

Theseus' Nonstop Action

STOLEN VALOUR

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

:aaaaa:

I gotta stop taking extended breaks from the thread

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

STAC Goat posted:

I'm bad at geography and am afraid of hurricanes and gators (and Florida in general). Mea culpa. That joke flopped bad.

nah in jacksonville you get to run into GOP operatives looking to run the RNC after Charlotte kicked them out

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1278813866336624640

We just need Ringo

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Ringo's six sided six o'clock ring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pHb4kk7zTQ

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Goddamn I love impact.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

overmind2000 posted:

:aaaaa:

I gotta stop taking extended breaks from the thread

Theseus' joke.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It's no Up The Skirt: Thongs Revealed but it'll do.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also not shocked: Dave says they've also verbally agreed with New Japan for a contract. They'll work TNA and New Japan

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

*Ed Nordholm jauntily playing a piano*
I'd like to be
Worse than Dixie
Pre-empted by the worst Beatle
On AXS

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

OctoberCountry posted:

*Ed Nordholm jauntily playing a piano*
I'd like to be
Worse than Dixie
Pre-empted by the worst Beatle
On AXS

Ringo is the only good Beatle.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
He's no Pete Best, I tell ya what :colbert:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Ringo is the only good Beatle.

I like Harrison, but if we're being serious McCartney was the worst

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Octopus’s Garden is a great song

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Ringo beat his wife

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

fatherofmustard posted:

Ringo beat his wife
I thought that was John?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

They both did.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

fatherofmustard posted:

They both did.

They both beat Ringo’s wife?

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

CopywrightMMXI posted:

They both beat Ringo’s wife?

♪ You better run for your life if you can, little girl ♫

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gallows is still in good shape https://www.instagram.com/p/CCUfVEuHw6n/

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tbh I would actually watch Impact if it's Gallows/Anderson doing gimmicks on the level of their NJPW stuff

probably not but a man can dream

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact ending:
The ending promo for Slammiversary said the returning former World Champ wouldn't be coming back alone
Added to the video were flashes of Amazing Red, Gregory Helms, the Beautiful People, Bully Ray, and kids (Heath Slater's)
There were three glasses of booze that got picked up

Twitch aftershow:
Callis teased Gallows and Anderson
Callis was in Atlanta. Maria and Mike Kanellis flew there yesterday

Slammiversary card (still a week to add matches but this is mostly full, I'd say):
Alisha Edwards, Jessicka Havok, Kiera Hogan, Kimber Lee, Kylie Rae, Nevaeh, Rosemary, Susie (Su Yung), Tasha Steelz, Taya Valkyrie and Madison Rayne in a gauntlet for #1 contendership to the Knockouts title
Willie Mack defends the X title against Chris Bey
Jordynne Grace defends the Knockouts title against Deonna Purrazzo
The North (Ethan Page and Josh Alexander) defend the tag titles against Sami Callihan and Ken Shamrock
Moose defends the TNA title against Tommy Dreamer
Ace Austin, Eddie Edwards, Trey Miguel and a mystery opponent fight in a fatal fourway for the vacant Impact title

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Impact ending:
The ending promo for Slammiversary said the returning former World Champ wouldn't be coming back alone
Added to the video were flashes of Amazing Red, Gregory Helms, the Beautiful People, Bully Ray, and kids (Heath Slater's)
There were three glasses of booze that got picked up

Twitch aftershow:
Callis teased Gallows and Anderson
Callis was in Atlanta. Maria and Mike Kanellis flew there yesterday

Slammiversary card (still a week to add matches but this is mostly full, I'd say):
Alisha Edwards, Jessicka Havok, Kiera Hogan, Kimber Lee, Kylie Rae, Nevaeh, Rosemary, Susie (Su Yung), Tasha Steelz, Taya Valkyrie and Madison Rayne in a gauntlet for #1 contendership to the Knockouts title
Willie Mack defends the X title against Chris Bey
Jordynne Grace defends the Knockouts title against Deonna Purrazzo
The North (Ethan Page and Josh Alexander) defend the tag titles against Sami Callihan and Ken Shamrock
Moose defends the TNA title against Tommy Dreamer
Ace Austin, Eddie Edwards, Trey Miguel and a mystery opponent fight in a fatal fourway for the vacant Impact title

Man, I know 2020 is weird but I didn't think it was "Give Tommy Dreamer a title shot at least 15 years after his prime" weird.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I haven't been watching but my impression is the Moose thing is no one but him accepts its a real title and he's just been challenging old people from the TNA days.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I haven't been watching but my impression is the Moose thing is no one but him accepts its a real title and he's just been challenging old people from the TNA days.

Dreamer challenged him today basically to shut him up and kill the belt

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

STAC Goat posted:

Chris James 2 posted:

Dreamer challenged him today basically to shut him up and kill the belt

Moose, the week after he loses to Tommy Dreamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4btBbC4i8dI

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jul 8, 2020

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Maigius posted:

Man, I know 2020 is weird but I didn't think it was "Give Tommy Dreamer a title shot at least 15 years after his prime" weird.

TNA's been pushing people that are decades past their prime for their entire existence.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I'm actually kinda interested in the PPV with Tessa and Elgin gone and potential for appearances by the new hires.

The last time I was kinda interested in a TNA PPV it was when Tessa was about to fight for the belt then we found out a day before the event she was turbo racist and that killed my interest. I wonder what will kill my interest this time.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Add "paycheck protection loans' to the endless "we just need" list

Ringside news posted:

WWE is the only pro wrestling company that had widespread cuts due to the coronavirus. Impact Wrestling had to apply for a loan in order to keep paying their staff.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions applied for a PPP loan. The loan is between $150,000 to $350,000 with the intention to save 106 jobs.

The Paycheck Protection Program provides loans for small businesses so they can keep paying their workers. Impact Wrestling obviously wanted to take advantage of this program.

It was not noted if Impact Wrestling’s request for a PPP loan was successful. It was filed on April 4th so they will have to wait and see.

Impact Wrestling’s next pay-per-view is Slammiversary on July 18th. Hopefully, the company will be granted this loan so they don’t have to let anyone go.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Lookit this dumb company trying to keep its people employed during a pandemic, what a silly concept.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DJExile posted:

Add "paycheck protection loans' to the endless "we just need" list

Yeah I'm not faulting them for this one. This is what every company who laid people off should do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh i'm not faulting them i just wanted to add to the we just need list