Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

That was a fun match even without any audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

What a neat finish! Real skin-of-the-teeth! I'd say the match could have cut a minute or two of the long heat segment, but otherwise awesome!

Based on the half of the show I saw tonight it seems like Impact is in a great position to make their Tag Division the main thrust of their show. I may keep watching for a bit since Twitch makes it so convenient and see how fast they gently caress this up.

(I'm not putting it past them to gently caress it up next week. Midcarder Reality Show is a loving weird way to go...)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

10 years ago almost to the week they won their only other tag title in the company

A year ago Sabin was recovering from his fourth major knee surgery and people were wondering if he'd even be able to walk again without issue, let alone wrestle again

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1285760475096121344

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MCMG and The North are just excellent, they can wrestle every week as far as I'm concerned.

What was not excellent was that Wrestle House segment. What the hell

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

remember when chris sabin won the world title for two weeks and tore his knee again

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I guess I'm in the minority but the goofy Wrestle House segment was good and I don't mind a recurring silly segment like that.

Wowzers at that main event.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

J-Ro posted:

I guess I'm in the minority but the goofy Wrestle House segment was good and I don't mind a recurring silly segment like that.

Well, so far its established to me that Rosemary is magic and wants to bang whoever that guy with the stuffed dog is, and Taya Valkyrie is kind of ditzy and funny and getting in the way of her banging him. So, you know, I've seen worse starts to goofy wrestling midcard stuff.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

TNA continuing the trend of graphic design that looks like a stain. I like that the shirt isn't a generic black one but how are you gonna put a green logo on a green shirt.

You'd have to be a MANIAC to do that

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

J-Ro posted:

I think I would've liked Wrestle House if it wasn't so obviously scripted and came off a little more naturally. Impact is actually not bad at making their segments seem relatively organic these days but for a show spoofing reality TV it didn't quite work.

Speaking of organic, and I know it's because they're married, but Josh and Madison are quite likeable on commentary. And I say that as someone who has never enjoyed Josh Mathews in any role.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Has Josh Matthews had the most successful wrestling career out of Tough Enough?

Edit: I am now remembering that John Morrison was a Tough Enough winner, so it’s obviously him.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 22, 2020

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Has Josh Matthews had the most successful wrestling career out of Tough Enough?

Edit: I am now remembering that John Morrison was a Tough Enough winner, so it’s obviously him.

There's also The Miz

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think I would've liked Wrestle House if it wasn't so obviously scripted and came off a little more naturally. Impact is actually not bad at making their segments seem relatively organic these days but for a show spoofing reality TV it didn't quite work.

Yeah I get that complaint, but this felt like a transition from "Rosemary's Adventures In The ShadowRealm" to whatever WH is going end up being so it didn't bother me too much.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Speaking of organic, and I know it's because they're married, but Josh and Madison are quite likeable on commentary. And I say that as someone who has never enjoyed Josh Mathews in any role.

I keep saying that she makes Josh palatable, which is quite a feat.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1286389160434110464

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Were they just using one of the GFW belts for the last few months?

Also, I saw the ridiculous history of the Legends/Global/TV/King of the Mountain/etc title and my question is...did the belt itself ever change? Or did they just keep slapping on stickers and plates?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It was the same physical belt. The repeatedly :effort: added labels and stuff. It looked bad but in a way you couldn't really see most of the time. But when you saw it it was embarrassing.

They didn't have a world title the last few months. Tessa's been champ and absent and she only got stripped a few weeks ago. The belt only became a presence again Sunday. I guess they used a replica for Slammiversary/Impact.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 23, 2020

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Ah, thank you.

EDIT: So wait, did Booker pay for that himself? Or did he whine about not having a belt until they paid to have something like that made? It's ugly but it doesn't look like it was cheap.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jul 23, 2020

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Edge & Christian posted:

April 19, 2012: Commissioner Hulk Hogan declares that he will bring prestige back to the television title, telling current title holder Devon that he must defend the belt every week on TV. This lasts for three weeks, on the fourth Devon joins in a Battle Royal (that he loses). then continues for another month or so until

At this point in time I was following TNA solely through Review an Impact podcast and they would comment every week that Devon didn't defend the title. I had forgotten all about the case of the missing title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's been a good three year run but it looks like it's finally time for a new thread/OP https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3933836