Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

DJExile posted:

What could go wrong

Let me get this straight.

$200 and you get to be TNA Champion for 3 weeks and inducted into the "TNA Hall of Fame".

Is this the lowest TNA has sunk? Is this real life? What is happening right now? The NWA is a thing again and TNA continues to baffle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Imagine being told your boss signed you up for implied prostitution

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It's a photoshop

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

joylessdivision posted:

Let me get this straight.

$200 and you get to be TNA Champion for 3 weeks and inducted into the "TNA Hall of Fame".

Is this the lowest TNA has sunk? Is this real life? What is happening right now? The NWA is a thing again and TNA continues to baffle.

The NWA right now is at best a novelty and still less of a thing than TNA.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't wait to #MakeImpactGreatAgain as I roll around the Hyatt with my Impact Championship title, a harem of Knockouts at my back

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

exploded mummy posted:

The NWA right now is at best a novelty and still less of a thing than TNA.

God help me I know who the current NWA champion is and that's more than I can say for Impact.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a photoshop, sadly.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I mean the NWA brand likely isn't quite as toxic and associated with total poo poo as TNA, but there's just no interest or value to it at all.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the nwa is in a better position to make money running a wrestling show but it has zero casual interest

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Hey guys who is Eli Drake? Like, who is he? Did impact make a random dude off the street champion because they know he won't leave? He looks more generic than the default CAW in WWF War Zone and I never heard of him prior to learning he was champ.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Tato posted:

Hey guys who is Eli Drake? Like, who is he? Did impact make a random dude off the street champion because they know he won't leave? He looks more generic than the default CAW in WWF War Zone and I never heard of him prior to learning he was champ.

He was a jobber in NXT who constantly says "Dummy, yeah!"

That's all there is to him.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

eli drake is a guy who tnamecca inexplicably fell in love with, so tna pushed him to the moon to try and desperately hold onto the one fanbase they still have

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Tato posted:

He was Slate Randall in NXT, never made it to tv. House show reports reliably described him as ready for bigger things. Toward the end of his run there his gimmick was "I deserve to be on TV and I'm still not." When he was cut, TNA hiring made perfect sense. He's been there since and has turned out to not be particularly noteworthy in any way, so naturally he got the belt.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Xerzes posted:

He was Slate Randall in NXT, never made it to tv. House show reports reliably described him as ready for bigger things. Toward the end of his run there his gimmick was "I deserve to be on TV and I'm still not." When he was cut, TNA hiring made perfect sense. He's been there since and has turned out to not be particularly noteworthy in any way, so naturally he got the belt.

does he still do that thing where he points in a different direction for each syllable of his name?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

joylessdivision posted:

God help me I know who the current NWA champion is and that's more than I can say for Impact.

I only know this cause the title change was a random midcard match at Cage of Death.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

oatgan posted:

It's a photoshop

Well obviously, it'd be too complicated take a picture of the wrestlers stand in a row next to this legit promotion they're doing without some kind of computer program to put it together.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

NJPW relentlessly poo poo on their fans for years and built up a lot of bad will and thrived again. They just got the right people in charge and then pushed the right people.

What's really depressing/hilarious about this is that TNA had Okada. THEY HAD OKADA!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Jason Sextro posted:

does he still do that thing where he points in a different direction for each syllable of his name?

Yes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

What's really depressing/hilarious about this is that TNA had Okada. THEY HAD OKADA!

and Naito

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

dont you mean kato

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

exploded mummy posted:

dont you mean kato

:cripes:

:doh:

How are they SO bad at this?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Don't forget Grado

But for real, didn't they have CM Punk at one point

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

And

https://youtu.be/xMrbxooVAjs

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Jerusalem posted:

To be slightly fair to TNA, this was way before he had developed his moveset and personality to the level it is now

Its more of a "WCW had Steve Austin" than a "TNA had AJ Styles"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yeah except Steve Austin was really loving good in WCW

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RZApublican posted:

But for real, didn't they have CM Punk at one point

yep

He was teamed with Julio Dinero as followers of Raven (ironically at the same time he was in a major feud with Raven in ROH)

TNA thought it'd be a good idea to have Punk and Dinero turn on Raven, but the crowd didn't care for it so TNA stopped booking them because of it.

He finally quit when the Feinstein stuff went down and TNA basically made contracted talent decide between them or ROH, not both

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I have TNA trading cards of CM Punk and Chris Hero, both of whom were in TNA for like one week.

They both suck. I cherish my cards of real superstars like Red and Black Shirt Security.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

To be slightly fair to TNA, this was way before he had developed his moveset and personality to the level it is now

Its more of a "WCW had Steve Austin" than a "TNA had AJ Styles"

He was IWGP champion two months later and people were mad he lost the belt six months later. Steve Austin was perceived as a can't miss superstar when WCW had him, though more in a Ric Flair vein.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Tato posted:

I have TNA trading cards of CM Punk and Chris Hero, both of whom were in TNA for like one week.

They both suck. I cherish my cards of real superstars like Red and Black Shirt Security
Did Hero ever even make it past Xplosion?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

young lions on excursion regularly get booked like poo poo everywhere and then come back and make a name for themselves immediately

it's a fun historical footnote though

switchblade escaped this by being white

oatgan fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Dec 19, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

young lions on excursion regularly get booked like poo poo everywhere

um excuse you Naito was booked well

put him in the Hall for the powerbomb he took from Kevin Nash

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yeah EVIL was the only dude that really got booked like poo poo. TNA booked their allotment as everyone expected(poorly).

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Tato posted:

They both suck. I cherish my cards of real superstars like Red and Black Shirt Security.

Why have you not posted these?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Yeah except Steve Austin was really loving good in WCW

Yes, he still had "star" all over him, even if it wasn't to the extent it would be later.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
TNA had Samoa Joe in his prime and they put a dick on his face and jobbed him to Tomko because he insulted Vince Russo.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

TNA had everyone. Why, look at this, it's then-IWGP Heavyweight Champion, Shinsuke Nakamura, wrestling Elix Skipper, on loving XPlosion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZxIWuzmDeg

And while we're at it, here is The Pope fighting Samoa Joe's gimp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpb6TPJYI00

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

young lions on excursion regularly get booked like poo poo everywhere and then come back and make a name for themselves immediately

it's a fun historical footnote though

switchblade escaped this by being white

and hiromu by going to mexico and getting that amazing midcard feud with dragon lee

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

is the lesson here ‘go to CMLL on excursion if you don’t want to be booked like poo poo overseas’ or what

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

Germansimp posted:

TNA had everyone. Why, look at this, it's then-IWGP Heavyweight Champion, Shinsuke Nakamura, wrestling Elix Skipper, on loving XPlosion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZxIWuzmDeg

And while we're at it, here is The Pope fighting Samoa Joe's gimp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpb6TPJYI00

Shinsuke's expression says it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Amazing the amount of young talent that went through TNA's doors and they managed to miss all of it because they were too busy pushing Booker T doing his piss poor Last King of Scotland impression.

At least now they've all around 40 they're getting pushed in WWE.