Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

coconono posted:

Canadian dude, Stu Hart trained. Drew well in Canada. Did some WWF stuff but no real impact there.

He'd be better appreciated if whoever had the Stampede tapes wasn't sitting on them.

Gama Singh may have been as reviled in Calgary as the Freebirds were in WCCW, although I don't know how accurate that is because I haven't seen much of the Freebirds vs the Von Erichs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
https://prowrestling.net/site/2018/01/11/impact-wrestling-announces-new-title-belts-works/

:cripes:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

this is like the 4th set of belts in the last year right

Old TNA Belts
GFW Belts
Impact Belts (GFW Belts with stickers maybe?)
These?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Old TNA Belts
GFW Belts
These?

Correct

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Old TNA Belts
GFW Belts
These?

Keep these and add the new belts and you'll have a belt for each person on the roster

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
When I was doing ring crew for an F-tier indy back in the day the owner and his brother were the tag champs and the brother got drunk one night and lost his belt and they couldn't afford to replace it so for like a year the tag champs had one belt

TNA reminds me of that

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The new belts will cost 250k each to produce and somehow end up with the GFW logos on them.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
What do belts cost to make, and how many times do they have to not resign bram to pay for them

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

checksin posted:

What do belts cost to make

Probably 10% of whatever Impact ends up paying for them.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
To be fair, if they're using GFW belts with stickers, that's actually a good reason to buy new ones.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

To be fair, if they're using GFW belts with stickers, that's actually a good reason to buy new ones.

This is the second set of tapings they've had with that set of belts

They replaced the belts they misspelled Impact on faster than they'll have replaced the sticker belts

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
belts on belts on belts

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Every champion comes out like Ultimo Dragon.

FESTOONED with the motherfuckers.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Explosions posted:

Every champion comes out like Ultimo Dragon.

FESTOONED with the motherfuckers.

I now want to hear Nick Gage say this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Twitch

quote:

LAX vs OvE and Sami Callihan in a no-ropes Barbed Wire Massacre match. That main event will not air on Pop though, deemed “too violent” by the network and therefore it will appear on Konnan’s Twitch channel.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

imagine being in a barbed wire match for like 20 bucks and then finding out later on no one will see it

then again, the payday for konnans twitch might be higher in the long run

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

I hope it features Konnan face cam in the bottom pretending to hit buttons when the wrestlers do moves

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Doesn't Twitch have a ban on real-life violence? How are they going to explain this away?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Benne posted:

Doesn't Twitch have a ban on real-life violence? How are they going to explain this away?

Well, there has been wrestling on twitch for awhile so I imagine it depends on where they draw the line

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
TNA should hire a bunch of popular Twitch streamers from Hearthstone and League of Legends.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

imagine being in a barbed wire match for like 20 bucks and then finding out later on no one will see it

And it being hyped on Pop TV for multiple weeks before this revelation week-of that it won't even air there

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Right, I forgot WrestleCircus was on there, and I'm pretty sure they booked violent grudge matches before. Maybe it counts under an "entertainment" category and not, like, real street fights or assault that they wouldn't allow.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Benne posted:

Right, I forgot WrestleCircus was on there, and I'm pretty sure they booked violent grudge matches before. Maybe it counts under an "entertainment" category and not, like, real street fights or assault that they wouldn't allow.

I mean, they showed Triplemania on there too and nothing can be as offensive as that show

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

BGrifter posted:

TNA should hire a bunch of popular Twitch streamers from Hearthstone and League of Legends.

Heya folks Kripparian here and today I want to talk to you about Eli Drake

Turns out he's pretty average

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I swear to god if you fuckers get TNA banned from Twitch I'm gonna laugh so hard

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Wrong thread

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

I swear to god if you fuckers get TNA banned from Twitch I'm gonna laugh so hard

its not banned you just cannot have excessive cleavage

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Mel Mudkiper posted:

its not banned you just cannot have excessive cleavage

As long as they keep Kongo Kong away then it should be fine

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

They could do it like the guy who streamed a UFC PPV and pretended he was playing the video game

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Maxwell Lord posted:

They could do it like the guy who streamed a UFC PPV and pretended he was playing the video game

Just put a GIF of Samoa Joe playing video games in the bottom corner. It's brilliant!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Maxwell Lord posted:

just like you pretending you made this joke first

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I would say "if they're promoting it showing on Twitch they've obviously made sure it's OK first" but, y'know, TNA.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Just tell the guy who complains,"You know it's fake, right? :smug:" and they'll freak out that you might think they're a mark and withdraw their objection.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

checksin posted:

What do belts cost to make, and how many times do they have to not resign bram to pay for them

Anywhere between 1-4 grand a belt.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tna should sign dr. disrespect

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ImChelseaGreen/status/953094783593041920

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
https://twitter.com/impactwrestling/status/953315594094497793

Did they just forget they have a channel on PlutoTV where they could have done this?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Chelsea Green will probably be at the next NXT tryout. It isn't an EC3 situation essentially where he has a deal waiting.

Eddie Edwards as you could surmise from how he was booked is thought to be staying with IMPACT.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Monday nights: Live Audio Wrestling (The LAW) returns with a new weekly video podcast. Produced and hosted by longtime IMPACT Wrestling announcer Jeremy Borash, The LAW will cover all of the latest news in professional wrestling and feature special guest interviews, live calls, chat interaction, contests with prizes, and much more.
Wednesday nights: Returning IMPACT Wrestling star Tyrus will host Nuff Said, as the Fox News contributor offers his unique take on professional wrestling, politics, sports and popular culture.
Thursday nights: At 8:00 p.m. ET, Josh Mathews will host Mathews’ Megacast with his irreverent second screen perspective on the flagship IMPACT! show Thursdays on Pop.

This is all terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Programming for the channel will also include past and present episodes of the flagship IMPACT! show, the original weekly show Xplosion, pay-per-view events on a second window, plus over 1,000 hours of original programming showcasing classic content featuring household industry names like Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Sting, Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode and many more.

Oh my god most of their twitch channel is going to be advertising WWE stars