Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Takuan posted:

So, I'm not sure where else to put this, and this may not even be anything noteworthy, but I do part-time transcribing for closed captions, and occasionally content from WWE comes up. Usually it's from a recent TV show, or a video for their youtube page. For some reason, today a lot of archival clips of Jeff Jarrett came up. I did several clips from his AWA debut, a match with Chris Jericho in WCW, and a third match, I think also from the AWA. It probably doesn't mean anything, but it does seem unusual and unexpected.
According to a newz site on my FB feed, Jeff Jarrett is rumored to be a WWE Hall of Fame inductee this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Despite all my rage I am still stuck in NWA

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Takuan posted:

So, I'm not sure where else to put this, and this may not even be anything noteworthy, but I do part-time transcribing for closed captions, and occasionally content from WWE comes up. Usually it's from a recent TV show, or a video for their youtube page. For some reason, today a lot of archival clips of Jeff Jarrett came up. I did several clips from his AWA debut, a match with Chris Jericho in WCW, and a third match, I think also from the AWA. It probably doesn't mean anything, but it does seem unusual and unexpected.

His name reportedly came up during HOF discussions. He went through WWE sponsored rehab last year so it's not crazy.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

For some reason grunge music literally makes me sick so I never really got into the pumpkins

mel

c'mon

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

MassRafTer posted:

His name reportedly came up during HOF discussions. He went through WWE sponsored rehab last year so it's not crazy.

Time heals all wounds I suppose; Vince also got in contact with him after his wife passed away so things aren't as dire as they would have been during the early 2000's.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Testekill posted:

Time heals all wounds I suppose; Vince also got in contact with him after his wife passed away so things aren't as dire as they would have been during the early 2000's.

I've heard Jeff thought things were better than they actually were at that point, but by now I'm sure it's all fine.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I know the WWE HOF is a joke and they'll just put in any rando willing to kiss Vince's ring, but even so Jeff Jarrett is a laughable choice

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

I know the WWE HOF is a joke and they'll just put in any rando willing to kiss Vince's ring, but even so Jeff Jarrett is a laughable choice

He wouldn't even be in the bottom 10 of bad entries.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah. Like, if you make believe like WWE treats those who accomplish a lot as the most worthy of the hall for a moment like other sports present themselves as doing, Jarrett has a LOT of gold, just between WCW and WWE, not even counting the straps he won in TNA, USWA, and AAA.

4 world titles, 6 IC titles, 3 US titles, and a tag title. Also former European champion. Compare that to people who didn't achieve poo poo like Koko B. Ware, Johnny Rodz (who contributed far more as a trainer than as a worker), and Wendi Richter. Or scumbags like the Warrior, Mae Young, Moolah, or Jerry Lawler, and Jarrett seems like he absolutely belongs.

When I wiki'd him, I also found out he used to have a finish called The Grand Old Dropry (jumping DDT), which is cooler than any other finishing hold name he's ever used.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 17, 2018

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

by title lineage, jeff jarrett held 25% of the jinderweight championship 4 times, so he's effectively a 1-time jinderweight champion. 1 more than ted dibiase or jake the snake!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

MassRafTer posted:

Just going off the top of my head...

Koko
Trump
Teddy Long
Yoko
Warrior
Schwarzenegger
Godfather
Zybyszko
Yokozuna
...?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Timby posted:

Koko
Trump
Teddy Long
Yoko
Warrior
Schwarzenegger
Godfather
Zybyszko
Yokozuna
...?

Trump is a fine entry, Yoko is fine, Larry is fine, Warrior is fine. Two of them are bad people and one thinks the the Illuminati control the sun but they all either drew big or held the belt multiple times in an era where it kind of meant something.

Throwing out the celebrities, Jarrett is a better entry than Rikishi, Rodz, Teddy, Godfaher, Koko, Chris and Mike Von Erich, Wendi Richter, Mae Young and James Dudley.

He's basically on the level of a Ron Simmons.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Timby posted:

Schwarzenegger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxobNr6arzc

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Or scumbags like... Mae Young

Wait, what did she do? I know about the Moolah stuff but I'm unfamiliar with this.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

I just figure, if it's time to induct WCW world champions who had OKish WWE runs but who Vince hates for pretty valid reasons, Vader and the Steiners and Luger are right there, and you'd want to get them in before they die, which will be soon, because of all those bad decisions. The Midnight Express too, I guess, Cornette will probably Wendy's himself up a heart attack soon enough.

Jeff Jarrett will literally never die.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Trump is a fine entry, Yoko is fine, Larry is fine, Warrior is fine. Two of them are bad people and one thinks the the Illuminati control the sun but they all either drew big or held the belt multiple times in an era where it kind of meant something.

Throwing out the celebrities, Jarrett is a better entry than Rikishi, Rodz, Teddy, Godfaher, Koko, Chris and Mike Von Erich, Wendi Richter, Mae Young and James Dudley.

He's basically on the level of a Ron Simmons.

Mike went in with his brothers, and the Von Erichs collectively were HOF worthy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

Mike went in with his brothers, and the Von Erichs collectively were HOF worthy.

Why? They didn't put every single Horse Man in when they inducted the Horsemen.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Wait, what did she do? I know about the Moolah stuff but I'm unfamiliar with this.

She was reported to be Moolah's Enforcer who helped her do all of the poo poo she did to the girls. She would also set up dudes and rob them back in the day.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Why? They didn't put every single Horse Man in when they inducted the Horsemen.

Because one was specifically the whole family and one was not specifically every Horseman ever.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aphrodite posted:

Because one was specifically the whole family and one was not specifically every Horseman ever.

And some members of that family are hilarious entrants into a Hall of Fame making it dumb.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

MassRafTer posted:

She was reported to be Moolah's Enforcer who helped her do all of the poo poo she did to the girls. She would also set up dudes and rob them back in the day.

that second part is cool

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

And some members of that family are hilarious entrants into a Hall of Fame making it dumb.

Yeah but there's only 2 good Horsemen, so comparatively 4 out of 6 ain't bad.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but there's only 2 good Horsemen, so comparatively 4 out of 6 ain't bad.

WWE's disgusting obsession with pure bloodlines and nepotism meant they left out Waldo and the fake cousin Von Erich.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

MassRafTer posted:

WWE's disgusting obsession with pure bloodlines and nepotism meant they left out Waldo and the fake cousin Von Erich.

Are you suggesting that Chris Von Erich isn't a worthy Hall of Famer?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Any honoring of Von Erichs that are above what the actual family gave them after their deaths is a joke.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/964336311728472064

"Give us another chance guys, we've changed this time!!!!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If Russo was back the show would be called Forgiven, and the byline would be,"How one promotion went from living in denial to becoming the biggest and best pro-wrestling promotion in the world."

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Johnny Rodz was an excellent jobber, sometimes I feel that the WWE HOF does need to honor some of the better jobbers that have come through their ranks.

As far as Koko goes, shame he wasn't 6 inches taller.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think my new favorite thing about this that TNA's turnover rate is absurd. They announce someone is signed, and by the end of that set of tapings, said talent was either fired or quit.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

can we vote people off tna redemption like the nxt version

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/965015313329766400

lmao

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

https://twitter.com/cregal23/status/964996604527816704

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo :discourse:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yeah. Like, if you make believe like WWE treats those who accomplish a lot as the most worthy of the hall for a moment like other sports present themselves as doing, Jarrett has a LOT of gold, just between WCW and WWE, not even counting the straps he won in TNA, USWA, and AAA.

4 world titles, 6 IC titles, 3 US titles, and a tag title. Also former European champion. Compare that to people who didn't achieve poo poo like Koko B. Ware, Johnny Rodz (who contributed far more as a trainer than as a worker), and Wendi Richter. Or scumbags like the Warrior, Mae Young, Moolah, or Jerry Lawler, and Jarrett seems like he absolutely belongs.

When I wiki'd him, I also found out he used to have a finish called The Grand Old Dropry (jumping DDT), which is cooler than any other finishing hold name he's ever used.

I could win as many titles as Jarrett if my dad and bitchslave were booking, too

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

who is abbey a

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

who is abbey a

oatgan posted:

writer/podcaster who faked cancer for a big payday on gofundme and faked her death when outed as a scammer

Original twitter handle was @AbbeyA, then changed to @AbbeyAAAA, both accounts have been suspended.

The more I google the more ridiculous it gets. Supposedly she has done something similar before.

e: Take that last bit with a grain of salt of course, internet detectives being what they are.

WrasslorMonkey fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 18, 2018

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Abbey Riott

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
TNA has sold 100 tickets for WM weekend!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

MassRafTer posted:

So far it's a bigger success than Bound for Glory

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

MassRafTer posted:

That's awfully nice of TNA, helping WWE sell tickets for Wrestlemania!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted: