Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Weren't Rampage and Tito also prohibited by Bellator from doing anything physical in TNA?

Tito definitely was. I don't know about Rampage.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah everyone knew Tito, even at that point. The problem was (stop me if you've heard this before) the angle made basically no sense and nothing was followed up on

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Lmao

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

website posted:

ShopIMPACT.com has chosen to celebrate by offering the One Billion Bundle. Who knows maybe the money you save on this you can invest and make a Billion. Included in this bundle are:

lmao

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Man, how long has Dave Penzer been in WCW/TNA/GFW now? Seems like it's been forever.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

everyone he hates at TNA/GFW is gone and probably never coming back

Did he and Jarrett make amends?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I don't think he ever hated Jarrett outside of his loyalty to Russo.

oh that's right

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

"no no no it was toooottally amicable you guys. No reason at all to think otherwise. Especially not with Low Ki."

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I feel like all of those things were more the wrestlers doing well in spite of being at TNA

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yeah i did genuinely enjoy bully ray's singles run

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Uhhh how can you guys forget one of the best promo face offs in wrestling

https://youtu.be/hVU0MW-IGrM

This was legit amazing

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I will forever be amazed at how well Gail Kim got a match out of Kong long after Kong just could not move anymore.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Lmao MRTs response

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

RZApublican posted:

Not surprising, TNA takes every WWE castoff.

ahahaha

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lol at everything

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao yessssss

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Broke 3 promotions, never drew a dime

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Sub Rosa posted:

Except I didn't? Looked like a working armbar to me when I watched the video. Never saw the elbow hyperextend.

you don't have to fully hyperextend the elbow to clearly want to be doing some damage. Star turned her thumb up and everyone out there even outside of the promotion said it was done with malicious intent.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah Corgan's basically back to square one as I understand it. He's got all (or most) of his money and no trademarks.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SI posted:

Yet, despite the entire ordeal, wrestling is all about commodities, and Anthem has a worthwhile commodity if it decides to sell GFW/Impact primarily due to its tape library.

WWE tops the list of potential suitors, as the tape library is extremely valuable.

lmao no it loving isn't

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, it's got tons of Angle, Hardys, Styles and Joe footage, plus a bunch of other people that they either have under contract, or want to have.

Hell, the tape library and settling the Hardys legal issue might be worth the stick of gum and 4 bits that Anthem want for it to Vince.

anyone WWE wants to have they already have. The entire rest of the TNA roster is either their own castoffs or relative nobodies.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

"great talent"

"talent"

(ok, I get what he's saying, but lol)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Anthem bought Impact Wrestling and merged it with Jarrett's dead promotion Global Force Wrestling but never bought the trademarks, which means Jarrett still owns them
Anthem made new belts promoting GFW with the logos included and rebranded all of Impact Wrestling to be GFW, still never owning the trademarks
Anthem plugged Jarrett's dead promotion, which they didn't own the trademarks of, by having their own talent go with Jarrett to Triplemania, where Jarrett made an rear end of himself
Anthem fired Jarrett and are now at least considering being done with the whole company entirely because there's just too many headaches

that is an impressively succinct summary of things :cheers:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

inject this thread directly into my veeeinnsssss

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

"I'm Laura Linney, and this is Masterpiece Wrestling..."

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Eli Wiggum posted:

i wonder how much they paid the junior dev to come up with this abortion

This is TNA. The question is "if", not "how much"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SWERVE! They're going to London, Ontario!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

rovert posted:

PWInsider:

Holy gently caress I called it

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Marcade posted:

This is bullshit! I did not tap out! I did not! Oh, hi Russo.

:discourse:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh my god that's beautiful

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So is it now "impact wrestling presented by anthem" or what?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I swear to god at one point they were legit chanting "Eee vee two point oh!", which was even sillier

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

radical new idea: weekly pay-per-views!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

sbaldrick posted:

They are expecting 500 people at the PPV according to a news report.

lmao

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

To a great extent

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I find Cornette being such good friends with Jeff Jarrett to be really loving weird. Corny is a fairly liberal dude, while JJ has been unabashedly conservative and pro-Trump (MIGA) for a few years at least. And then there's Jarrett's Russo fetish...

It's not that hard to have friendships with people you may disagree with politically.

As was said before though, Cornette seems to want to help JJ out mostly because of the family connection. Cornette goes quite a ways back with Jarrett's dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha