Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hania looks like budget Kris Wolf. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
PSA: People are reporting if you sign up for the GFW Network, they send you your password in plaintext. Which is a huge goddamn no no. Which means they may be storing other info in plaintext as well.

So its peak GFW.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Those pizzas look and sound absolutely disgusting. Goddamn.

Then again its Impact, so that's par for the course.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Remember when TNA said they were moving to Canada full time and how that was their new home?

Good, because neither does TNA apparently.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Isn't Russo writing that? Because if so, its going to be hilariously bad.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Bring back Norv Fernum. Those were the good ol days.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
And it all happened with little to no build. :allears:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hey Rovert, are you absolutely sure that Russo is writing for that one lucha promotion now? Because this has his fingerprints all over it.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

How the gently caress is Josh Mathews still a thing? Wasn't he supposed to leave after that stupid Borash feud they built the entire company around for 6 loving months?

Jesus take the wheel.

Considering Impact is "rebooted" after every set of tapings, this shouldn't come as a shock to you.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Like someone posted earlier, the only winning strategy in Feast or Fired is to not take a briefcase.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

They are going to try and copy the Jinder push except somehow worse, aren't they?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hania the Huntress was fired. Because she refused to lose to Su Yung. Not going to blame Impact for that one but its still funny.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Tato posted:

Hania seemed semi-retired from wrestling anyway so I get the "gently caress it" attitude, but still lol at refusing to do the job and getting fired.

Hania's attire reminds me of Kris Wolf sorta. Except Kris Wolf is cool and good.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Apparently Gail Kim says Impact is trying to sign Io Shirai. I hope Io is smart enough to avoid signing with them. It goes without saying, but Io makes more money in Japan than she would signing with Impact. Io's merch sales are insane, along with her being the highest paid STARDOM talent by a longshot.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fart blood posted:

I really wanted to see her in NXT. It's a shame. :(

Dave claims WWE won't sign Io because she has a heart condition.

But yeah, I cannot understate it enough, I REALLY hope Io doesn't sign with Impact. She'll be making significantly less (if she even gets paid on time), and her exposure won't grow much, since Impact barely gets any viewership.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Like I don't think its too far from the truth when I say even Kairi's NXT contract pays more than an Impact contract for Io would. Kairi supposedly makes around $65,000 a year with her NXT deal.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

MassRafTer posted:

There are touring shows and ones just in Florida and while the Florida shows don't require hotels they do still require a drive. I'd imagine she's on the touring shows given she's on the NXT show.

Kairi has been on the Florida circuit as of late.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah in the case of Kairi in particular, she took a pretty steep paycut to come to WWE. Stardom has said she was their second biggest merch mover, and made six digits as a result (this is pretty obvious as she tweets out a bunch of designer brand products she buys). #1 is Io.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I should mention while there are valuable resources out there for STARDOM, I would avoid the STARDOM subreddit. They have some serious issues (they'll get really mad at you and scream about how you are spoiling things even for the most simple of questions/statements) when you point out that people like Hania are no longer with Impact due to her being legitimately fired for throwing a temper tantrum backstage. Just ask for resources regarding STARDOM in the Women's Wrestling thread here.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/964336311728472064

"Give us another chance guys, we've changed this time!!!!"

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think my new favorite thing about this that TNA's turnover rate is absurd. They announce someone is signed, and by the end of that set of tapings, said talent was either fired or quit.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Bring back "Are You Serious" on the WWE Network and just have Scott Steiner talk over terrible wrestling segments.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
All I want from this Jarrett business is for Jeff Jarrett to show up and hit Elias with a guitar. That's all I ask.

If not that, bring back MMA Dad Jarrett.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Scott D'More and Cyrus are following Io Shirai on twitter now. I think they are honestly going to attempt to bring her in. I hope she doesn't bite, since she deserves way better than Impact.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 21, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

It's the dream of all Japanese wrestlers to one day work in America for less money with nobody watching.

I know you are being sarcastic, but Kairi apparently took a really steep paycut coming to WWE. She apparently made six figures while working for STARDOM (the STARDOM people said she was paid around $1200 per show + a decent cut of merch sales), but apparently her WWE contract is $65,000 a year? I imagine its only that low because its a developmental deal, and she'll be making a lot more once she gets merch and moved up to the main roster.

And for context, Kairi was only number 2 on the list of highest paid STARDOM talent. Io makes the most money in STARDOM. Haven't heard much, but if she was making more than Kairi, I doubt Impact could afford her, because she doesn't accept IOUs.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Water is wet, and the sky is blue. If there is anything consistent in life, its those two things and TNA being behind on pay.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

Dixie used the moving offices excuse for a solid two years.

As DarkstarIV pointed out in another thread:

The Io to IMPACT thing is absolute nonsense if Io in STARDOM is financially secure enough to donate that much.

Yeah, the argument I've heard for Io joining Impact is ~exposure~. Because she's going to pay for her own travel expenses and lodging to wrestle for a program that can barely draw in 200,000 viewers these days.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Super No Vacancy posted:

hey she couldve been on sinclair tv without leaving japan if she'd been in the women of honor tourney

From what I've heard, she doesn't like Mandy Leon, and thinks that being in the WOH tournament would hurt her chances of being signed to WWE. And I can't blame her. The WOH tournament outside of the STARDOM girls in it is an absolute dumpster fire of talent.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Super No Vacancy posted:

i mean i know the wwe is a tna nostalgia promotion now but i cant imagine working tenille or deonna or madison would somehow hurt her chances more than working uh allie or rosemary

Tenille isn't signed as far as I know, Deonna is, and Madison hasn't been very good lately from what I've seen [she is good, but her performance so far in the WOH tournament has been bad]. I think the problem is that there is supposedly some real bad blood between Io and Mandy, since Mandy disrespected the rookies during her tour of STARDOM, and Io treats the rookies of STARDOM like younger siblings. It also doesn't help that Mandy had no drive to improve either, but had superman level booking (going over both Toni [and almost paralyzing her in the process] and Io [who had to put her over to the extent that Mandy got a SUBMISSION VICTORY over her).

Either way, I don't expect the STARDOM talent to go over the actual big names in the tournament (Mandy, Brandi Rhodes, and Kelly Klein, all of whom are...not good).

Io working Impact is unrealistic like what Rovert said, combined with the fact that they couldn't afford to pay her.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
TNA/Impact is apparently teasing a MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT coming by Monday.

Impact superfans assume its them announcing they signed Io Shirai. :laffo:

Their logic is because RISE has worked with some STARDOM workers, and that Impact has partnered with RISE, it means Io is going to work for Impact, because STARDOM will force her to. Please disregard the fact that Io is STARDOM's ace at the moment (and their biggest merch mover by a long shot) and they pretty much let her do whatever she wants. They aren't going to force her to do anything she isn't comfortable with.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Feb 28, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Grendels Dad posted:

Yessss, I missed those. I don't even care what kind of wet fart it will end up as, I just want them to act all big and important and like anybody cares what they will do next week.

They apparently hinted that it will have something to do with Wrestlecon (the show over wrestlemania weekend where they've moved a hilariously low number of tickets) and will "open new doors for impact wrestling!!!"

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Baron Corbyn posted:

Their big announcement is the Wrestlecon show is now Impact vs Lucha Underground

We just need Lucha Underground.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MynNezHa6MA

:psyduck:

This loving company.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

freeranger posted:

Well at least we know TNA look after their injured employees.

Eddie is going to be guaranteed a job for life now! Good on him.....

Two weeks from now: IMPACT has released Eddie Edwards. We wish him the best in his future excursions.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Isn't AAA also pretty trash as well though? I mean they don't have financial issues that I know of, but still.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Speaking of Aro Lucha, they started a crowdfunding page apparently.

https://wefunder.com/arolucha

:laffo:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/975764709675864074

Who is Killshot and The Mack? They seem to be from Lucha Underground but still.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Oh my god lmpact.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/platf...ut-by-adult-fan

This took place at an Impact taping apparently. :psyduck:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Counterpoint: its austin aries.

Never ever give TNA the benefit of the doubt when it comes to money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
If it hasn't been posted yet, Winter (fka Katie Lea Burchill) is on her way back to TNA. She's being advertised for the next set of tapings.