Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Gail Kim and Christian are the only two people who actually proved WWE was holding them back

Daniel Bryan.

WWE is holding him back... FROM BECOMING A FARM!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Wait, how long ago was that poo poo taped?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

As much as there's indication they plan on filling any seat. If they were being realistic in their seating it would be one row of seats going around the ring.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Grem posted:

I have no idea how he got on TNA. I thought that was a middle-big deal. He's had 1 wrestling match that he lost. His gimmick is lifted straight from the Hardy Boyz and a loving comic book. It's going to be bad. Really, really bad.

Based on the banner behind him, he's gonna come in to get revenge on Del Rio for the time he didn't want to Bust For Autism.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Grem posted:

So who wants to run down what will likely happen to my friend on Bound for Glory. Is that their big show of the year? The Wrestlemania you guys are talking about? Can't imagine there's much room for some no name dude to get in an actual match, even as a jobber.

You're overestimating how many people are still working for TNA

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Randaconda posted:

He drew right up until he was champion, then he flopped hard.

Yeah, having an unstoppable superman champion doesn't work so well when you've had one for the past five years who's squashed every contender so there's nobody for him to face.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Absolutely nothing like all the major people? Or Hogan would have squashed him to prove he was the bigger man in a worse rematch then the wcw one?

There were other major people, but Hogan had already beaten them decisively, and then Warrior beats Hogan decisively, soooo...

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

RZApublican posted:

Beat Down Clan

Also they had the best logo ever

Im the initials on the forehead that were made with MS paint

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Aesop Poprock posted:

Has Austin ever directly said anything about his abuse towards Debra though? I thought he mostly makes statements about how it was a dark point in his life and he did things he regrets relationship wise and he can't talk about it because of court settlements and stuff. I don't remember him ever being like "Yeah I beat my wife and I'm a piece of poo poo" or anything along those lines

He might not be allowed to say more than he is because of the terms of his legal settlement.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

RZApublican posted:

That picture makes it look like he's tearing Impact apart

Nah, he's going to crush Impact between his hands in the name of his dark master Vince McMahon

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

That's probably how it actually happened

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Panama Red posted:

Jeff Jarrett is himself part of a wrestling dynasty in Tennessee; his father Jerry was a very big name in the Memphis territory.

Whether anyone at a Grizzles-Wizards game in 2018 knew this, or much less cared, is highly doubtful.

Having an important dad is definitely the most important thing Jeff Jarrett has ever done in his life, and it was an accident

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

exploded mummy posted:

TNA and GFW aren't dead yet and WCW had bigger systemic issues that can't really be put on him

If GFW shut down I think that would just count as an abortion

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yeah. Like, if you make believe like WWE treats those who accomplish a lot as the most worthy of the hall for a moment like other sports present themselves as doing, Jarrett has a LOT of gold, just between WCW and WWE, not even counting the straps he won in TNA, USWA, and AAA.

4 world titles, 6 IC titles, 3 US titles, and a tag title. Also former European champion. Compare that to people who didn't achieve poo poo like Koko B. Ware, Johnny Rodz (who contributed far more as a trainer than as a worker), and Wendi Richter. Or scumbags like the Warrior, Mae Young, Moolah, or Jerry Lawler, and Jarrett seems like he absolutely belongs.

When I wiki'd him, I also found out he used to have a finish called The Grand Old Dropry (jumping DDT), which is cooler than any other finishing hold name he's ever used.

I could win as many titles as Jarrett if my dad and bitchslave were booking, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Julio Cruz posted:

Impact's always (well, nearly always) been capable of putting on good single shows because they've always had decent talent. Their issue is the show-to-show booking of storylines.

And also their need to vacuum up anyone who left WWE and put titles on them