Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

We should give this young upstart company a chance, they're barely a month old!

They're in a rebuilding phase (that commenced in 2015)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

lmao what? Didn't they boot his stupid rear end for wrestling in his dumb suit?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Looking forward to the next generation of "wrestler looks visibly upset to receive this award" photoshops

https://www.impactasylum.net/single-post/2017/08/13/Pioneer-Award-Returning-to-Impact-Asylum

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

No they'll put it on another drama-free safe bet like Low-Ki

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

They don't have filming rights to the park iirc

They must have or be able to get permits for certain locations. James Storm murdered Mickie James (RIP) in some Harry Potter train station there.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

How is tyrus a crossover star

He's been in movies, TV (including GLOW) , and had that deal on Fox News.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Are they dropping the Knockouts branding and just calling them women now?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Even when GFW is involved, it's always the safest option to assume that Sexy Star/AAA was being a scumbag in any and every situation.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Benne posted:

I'm pretty sure even TNA's piddly 200K is one of Pop's highest-rated shows, if not its highest. They're probably happy to keep it around for next to nothing with the sweetheart deal they got.

It is definitely not the highest rated show. Reruns of the Young and the Restless routinely pull ratings in the 6-700K range or higher, and have even had positive effects on Impacts rating when used as a lead in (similar to COPS reruns back in the day).

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Someone download all the vids and put it on Google Drive so Dave can promote it. Probably a better interface than this janky nonsense too.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

*Sheepishly asks if anyone has watched IMPACT in recent weeks? What an exceedingly boring show these days*

From what I can tell, Big Dave is the only person outside of Asylum that watches and unironically enjoys Impact anymore.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

IMPACT's social media is strongly hinting Bound For Glory 2017 will from London, England.

Two months to sell that will definitely not backfire.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

Jeremy Borash's Broken Universe as directed by Tommy Wiseau

There were more paying customers (about 1500) at the screening of Disaster Artist I attended on Monday than TNA drew all of the last two years combined. Hi doggie

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Is All Wheels Wrestling on the Tits n rear end Network?

I don't think either that or Ring Ka King are on there. Worthless.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

EC3 is legitimately great. I love that roidman

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Randaconda posted:

What was the last can't miss propect(s) that actually panned out? Orton, Brock, Cena and Batista?

In TNA? You can hardly say anyone panned out given the state of the company, but if I had to pick someone it'd probably be Lashley. Big Traps is real good now.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Fun thing to watch is Ottawa averages about a foot of snow in November so an early storm could make BFG extra interesting this year.

It could be unseasonably warm and TNA would find a way to forget to set up bathrooms or order chairs. That building presents challenges that there is approximately 0% chance of TNA overcoming.

It is literally crazy that they are having this thing in Ottawa instead of Toronto, given that they ended up renting this barn. While most proper venues in Toronto would be booked on this short notice, there is no shortage of empty warehouse-style spaces in a city where they might actually draw some people, that would require as much or less setup than this Ottawa venue.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

A number of the smaller venues in Toronto are skating rinks and you can't book em in hockey season. That's why ROH would run one or two shows per year outside of Toronto.

I can name about ten venues off the top of my head that are just warehouse/event spaces that would be, at least, wired for sound, like the non-arena ones that SMASH uses (they use a couple of live music venues, go-kart tracks, etc). They might cost a little (only a little - they're paying 7-8K for the Ottawa one) more but would definitely draw more.

This thing in Ottawa isn't a sports venue of any sort, it's like an airplane hangar. They have flea markets and the very occasional small concert there. TNA is going to have to build dressing rooms, set up bleachers, probably add porta-potties, build a lighting rig since you can't hang anything from the roof, and who knows what else, and it's going to be a hilarious mess when they forget any one of those things, or more.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

They don't need bleachers, they are expecting 500 people. All they need is floor seating.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

At least section B will likely be able to see something interesting

Do those seats come with a shuttle bus to a better wrestling show?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Grem posted:

My friend from the Marines is apparently booked for TNA Bound for Glory on November 4th. Wait till you guys see his tattoo...

Ask him if they're paying in poutine

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Grem posted:

I can't help it, I have to spoil it.

Does the script say "Sloppy Freddy"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RZApublican posted:

Lashley and

Wait, no, let's not even loving pretend at this point. Their roster page is somehow even more hilarious than it was last time, it's over-inflated to hell and back and I'm pretty sure they are just putting anyone that's worked a taping in the last six months on there.

http://impactwrestling.com/roster/

Also they're still trying to make James Storm look like a dollar store Triple H

I'm not totally up to date on Impact because I have more important things to do, like filling my hands with poo poo and applauding, but I think Sonjay Dutt lost the X- Division forever ago.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sotar posted:

wait wait they have a Wrestler named Mayweather? Are they trying to trick people into thinking Floyd Mayweather works for them?

Its Crimson

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Apparently it was 200-250K guaranteed by Panda, not TNA, so he was getting paid no matter what happened to the company. I think his wife wanted to have a kid, so he went with the easy schedule and guaranteed pay instead of 100+ days a year for NXT.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If you're the idiot luchador who puts yourself in the hands of Vince Russo and Kyle and Heil The Nazi Twins you deserve the multiple concussions and career-ending humiliation you get.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

The best Jeff Hardy TNA bump is when he debuted as Willow and dove off the cage and all four guys failed to catch him.

Easily my favourite. The little yelp he does before he jumps is the best.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Now you can watch the debut of Willow from your phone or whatever on the Global Force Network!

http://globalwrestlingnetwork.com/videohub/IMPACT%20WRESTLING/90007492V/

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pretty banner

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

You can get a 30-day free trial if you're willing to roll the dice on giving TNA your credit card info.

e: watch extremely current and prolific TNA superstar CM Punk on the GFW Network!

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 10, 2017

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DJExile posted:

gently caress yeah they got Victory Road 09 on there

E: I have legitimately never heard of Pro Wrestling Superstars or SMASH, who are they

SMASH is a pretty cool local Toronto promotion that I go to sometimes. They book a lot of TNA guys and other indy folks. They also have their own streaming service so I don't know why their stuff is on the TNA network.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 10, 2017

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Leaked first image of the Impact Pizza

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sbaldrick posted:

I’m sure Impact Pizza is from Ontario poo poo pizza Pizza Pizza which makes the worst pizza.

Hey Pizza Pizza is perfectly serviceable, but not great, pizza. Its the SmackDown of pizza.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TNA is apparently shooting a One Night Only at this Indy fed in Oklahoma

https://m.facebook.com/Imperialwrestlingrevolution/photos/a.141657989353840.1073741829.138577402995232/700974636755503/?type=3&theater

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

i can answer all of your questions

Why do "The Young Guns" look like CM Punk and Randy Orton's Cowboy Roundup

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It actually looks like a pretty decent card, what's the building like? What does that fed normally draw to a show?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm all for the women's revolution and all but I reaaaalllllly don't want to see a women's first blood match. Though it's TNA so there's always a chance they use ketchup like in that one Matt Morgan match

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Could they not just throw some money at Rey Mysterio and have him be their champ?

They tried and failed. Negotiations went on with him and Impact all summer IIRC.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tokamak posted:

Uhh speaking of free, I can watch every episode of Impact in the last year. Why... I don't think they'll make any money if they're just giving it away.

Recent Impact stuff is mostly worthless. Anyone willing to sign up for that service is very likely doing it for the older stuff when the product was better (ironically or not) and featured stars that were either big at the time, like Hogan or Nash or whoever, or big now like AJ, Joe, or Roode. Ain't a drat body signing up for a network on the back of Eli Drake and Moose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sbaldrick posted:

I had to pass on a chance to go to the press conference tomorrow and meet the “headliners”

Wasn't that the pizza press conference?